Minilogue pitch knob encoder tuning issues

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello! My pitch knobs for the oscs are stepping after some point I can't really get some common intervals right. The advertized 1 cent increment does work at the beginning of the octave for simple detunes although it skips to 4-8 cents after that. It's driving me nuts. Can anyone please confirm on their side? I sent Korg support an email although no answer yet. I am running latest OS. Thanks

It's the same here. It works (kind of) fine up to 100 cents then it starts skipping.

Thanks for that. I emailed Korg support they are looking into it.

It's not a big deal but it does annoy me and shouldn't be like that.

I checked via a pc editor and the fine tuning is possible there at least.

I will cross my fingers that this can be fixed via an update. I am surprised few people noticed.

I am grateful though that all the major clicks and voice allocation issues has been fixed at least.

More to come. Cheers

Sooo...Korg is stil' "looking into it" and they think it's a resolution problem.

How likely is it that this could ever be resolved considering the tech and limitations at play here?

The precise values are attainable via pc editor but not from the pitch knobs..

How is it that I am the only one in the world to bring this up?

Cheers

I bet most people are only going for unison detune so they just never went that far.

Sounds like the hardware knob and editor messages control the value using a different mechanism. Maybe the hardware knob uses a linear ratio, so the delta amount of cents would grow more and more the further away you get. Does that happen?

Hi no, the pitch knob just can't handling high resolution beyond the first semitone because of the scaling they programmed into it.

I am completely disturbed and depressed that no body is noticing!!!

There is more to a synth that the resonance and cutoff knob!

There is more to a synth that having two saws and to detune them slighly!

Even Korg told me that few people asked about the improper pitch values. C'Mon!!

Ah I see. The knob creates large jumps in stepped pitch offsets.

I have a minilogue too so I will see what you mentioned about the editor not having the same issue. I figured they had to cut corners somewhere given the price...

Perhaps they could offer an alternative means to set pitch precisely in an update if the knob itself is not physically capable of better precision.

This is important to me as well but I am prepared to use the editor to set the pitch if necessary. It's better this than there's no way to do it at all...

Yes I guess this will have to do with the editor...Korg said there is no true fix available and maaaayybe a beta patch but they can't really tell more so it's like take it or leave it..

I certainly won't lose sleep over this...

Russell Grand wrote:I certainly won't lose sleep over this...
OK for not losing sleep :-) although how do you rationalize this not being a bummer? The only reason I can think of is that the thing loses it's tuning all the time anyways. What do you think? Thanks

Still no update from Korg around a proposed beta fix. I DID realize though that it's not even the encoder but rather the OS that limits the increments. I tried editing via two separate PC editors and the result is the same.

This is certainly ODD...

Although as a workaround I have found that you could use the other oscs 1 cent fine tune to match the perfect interval which works great although the whole synth then becomes off by a few cents (which you can fix in the global parameters). It's a clunky fix but I guess I can deal with that considering how the rest is so awesome.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”