Redux (Renoise Sampler) VST version!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Redux

Tonberry:
I'll admit I got overly pissy with your :sad face: emoticon and didn't choose the wisest wording to represent my disagreement.

However, I still don't think it's been long enough since the last Renoise update to start assuming the worst. Especially since they released Redux in the interm.

When I said they are ramping up development, I meant they are expanding their business; developing for two separate cross platform products. Surely that means a heavier workload.

As for comparing the Renoise team's speed of development to Reaper's team.. I just don't see how either of us could have enough of an informed opinion to do so. I presume that the members of both teams have different pasts, skills, and challenges. I don't feel at all that the Renoise team should necessarily be as fast at spitting out updates as the Reaper team.

In my mind Renoise is a very different creature than Reaper with it's own challenges and issues, and it's always been apparent to me that A LOT of consideration is put into refining it's design. I suspect that kind of consideration is hard to quantify and therefore makes comparing the dev time of Renoise to Reaper difficult.

Tomorrow is THE day! I' m going to buuuuy it!! Naaa na na naaa na! :party: :hyper: :phones: :D
:tu:

Tonberry wrote:
dformd wrote:I'm surprised I have to mention this; considering the title and topic of this thread.
That's deep, keep breathing.
dformd wrote:If you've followed Renoise development for the last 10+ years you'd know development is ramping up.
If you'd follow common sense you'd notice than in the last two years there was only a 0.0.1 update which was a minor bug fix and nothing more. Do a simple math and you'll find out that on average Renoise has been updated twice a year. That's 4 times the tempo of last two years development. The only thing ramping up here is your imagination.
dformd wrote:It's freak'n amazing what this small team has been able to pull off and how affordable they make it.
Reaper has 2 or 3 programmers (so same as Renoise probably) and the last 0.01 update was made 2 WEEKS after .00 version has arrived. That's 40 weeks less than Renoise 0.0.1 update. It has many times more functionality than Renoise and costs $15 less. Renoise is still very affordable when compared to full versions of Studio One etc. but the "what this small team has been able to pull off" argument.... nope ;P

There's nothing simply amazing about the recent Renoise update frequency and the fact that they keep people in the dark about it makes things even worse. It's great that Redux was released but it's great for everyone but Renoise users (or people who did use it and wanted to switch but couldn't and now can). It's not like we're going to use Redux in Renoise, not to mention paying twice for much of the same functionality. And Redux release aside, 1 year to get to 0.0.1 is not even a crawl.They need to get their shit together because every other major "cheap yet powerful" daw in the market is doing amazing things in frequent updates recently, would be lovely if Renoise devs would step up their game a little.
Ol thread , I know
Just wanted to point out that you can' really compare the reaper dev's teamwith the renoise dev's.
Justin frankel , head of development at cockos has a SHITLOAD of money , so I wouldn't be surprised the developers are on a full pay roll
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Frankel
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote:
Tonberry wrote:
dformd wrote:I'm surprised I have to mention this; considering the title and topic of this thread.
That's deep, keep breathing.
dformd wrote:If you've followed Renoise development for the last 10+ years you'd know development is ramping up.
If you'd follow common sense you'd notice than in the last two years there was only a 0.0.1 update which was a minor bug fix and nothing more. Do a simple math and you'll find out that on average Renoise has been updated twice a year. That's 4 times the tempo of last two years development. The only thing ramping up here is your imagination.
dformd wrote:It's freak'n amazing what this small team has been able to pull off and how affordable they make it.
Reaper has 2 or 3 programmers (so same as Renoise probably) and the last 0.01 update was made 2 WEEKS after .00 version has arrived. That's 40 weeks less than Renoise 0.0.1 update. It has many times more functionality than Renoise and costs $15 less. Renoise is still very affordable when compared to full versions of Studio One etc. but the "what this small team has been able to pull off" argument.... nope ;P

There's nothing simply amazing about the recent Renoise update frequency and the fact that they keep people in the dark about it makes things even worse. It's great that Redux was released but it's great for everyone but Renoise users (or people who did use it and wanted to switch but couldn't and now can). It's not like we're going to use Redux in Renoise, not to mention paying twice for much of the same functionality. And Redux release aside, 1 year to get to 0.0.1 is not even a crawl.They need to get their shit together because every other major "cheap yet powerful" daw in the market is doing amazing things in frequent updates recently, would be lovely if Renoise devs would step up their game a little.
Ol thread , I know
Just wanted to point out that you can' really compare the reaper dev's teamwith the renoise dev's.
Justin frankel , head of development at cockos has a SHITLOAD of money .

quote from wikipedia

Frankel's stake of 522,661 shares in the acquisition was worth approximately $59 million.[5]

end quote ..
That was the sale of Nullsoft to AOL back in 2000,

I wouldn't be surprised the developers are on a full pay roll :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justin_Frankel
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

I didn't realize that Redux work so well with SFZ patches.

That is a big bonus :tu:

Is nobody missing the functionality every other sampler have : choosing the start of your sample. The only way I found to start a sample to another point is to delete the part you don't want...

Am I missing something there ? I tried to do it by slicing, but when I enter the slice mode, I cannot edit more of the slices and I am stuck with the sample I sliced at first. It is not possible to add another sample, except, if I apply the slices, which means cropping every slice and going back to problem number 1 (for me): not being able to choose where you sample start.

That the only thing I missed in Redux. Other than that, it's the best vst sampler I tried so far. Fxpansion Geist is the one I use on a daily basis.

billzero wrote:Is nobody missing the functionality every other sampler have : choosing the start of your sample. The only way I found to start a sample to another point is to delete the part you don't want...

Am I missing something there ? I tried to do it by slicing, but when I enter the slice mode, I cannot edit more of the slices and I am stuck with the sample I sliced at first. It is not possible to add another sample, except, if I apply the slices, which means cropping every slice and going back to problem number 1 (for me): not being able to choose where you sample start.

That the only thing I missed in Redux. Other than that, it's the best vst sampler I tried so far. Fxpansion Geist is the one I use on a daily basis.
If you use Redux just as a plain sampler then deleting is the only way, but you still have the option to use phrases and use the Sxx command on a note to specify the start position. If your sample contains slice markers then Sxx will jump to the slice number specified. If the sample has no slice markers then you have the option to jump into a sample with a resolution of 256.

Example:

With slice markers this will play the 3rd slice.
C-4 .. .. .S03

No slice markers:
C-4 .. .. .S40 starts from 1/4 position
C-4 .. .. .S80 starts from half position
C-4 .. .. .SC0 starts from 3/4 position

That functionality is native to almost any tracker, but in Redux you're limited to the phrases then.

Any redux users in here? Is it possible to chop samples with redux, using time divisions Eg : 1/8 1/4 1/2 bar etc.

Their slicing option via sensitivity is OK, but not as fast as my mpc, or serato.
Anyone know how to do this in redux?
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

You can change the snap settings & then drop slices on those divisions

Return to “Instruments”