How to make that sound?

How to do this, that and the other. Share, learn, teach. How did X do that? How can I sound like Y?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

okay so i really like the bass line of this song https://soundcloud.com/monk-one/mix-for-harry

i want to use that sound in my beats
can you help me synthesize it?
im bad at sound design
thx in advance

Sounds like a bass guitar, or a sampled bass guitar ...

yeah i know that
xd
doesnt help me though :D

vragnasistemata wrote:yeah i know that
xd
doesnt help me though :D
Well ... what I was suggesting was to use a sampled bass guitar, but you can likely find a rompler that has something similar. Can't help you synthesize it from scratch tho' ... maybe PM the author of the track?

okay thanks a lot i will search for a similar bass guitar
appreciate your answers

For the first part of the song, the backing bass is like any ol' fender... either a precision bass (p-bass) or jazz bass (j-bass), fingered. The lead bass sounds like a fender jazz bass.

One of the critical elements for a good bass sound like that is a strong amp sim...

Demo IK Multimedia's MODO Bass... you'll get all sorts of good versions of those... plus the amps sims...

Obviously synth bass comes in at 4:15... then indeterminate bass as part of backing loops... then at 11:50 sounds like a electric bass again, though with proper programming you could get that basic sound with a synth... then at 14:26 that sounds like a real bass player playing a real bass... then at 15:47 back to a dirty ol' fender played properly, maybe a p-bass... actually that loop sounds exactly like Jaco, so that would be a fender j-bass.. the horn line sounds like the Jaco tune "The Chicken", but it's a different tune...

So... depends on what part of the song you're talking about... some parts are obviously electric bass, some obviously synth bass, some somewhere in between...
You need to limit that rez, bro.

Hey. If I got you right, this is sampled bass guitar. You can find such in vst like Omnisphere for example, just tweak it a bit, give more distortion and equing + compression. It wont be that hard, cause you will have sound already.

Hope that helps :)
I can help you with everything related to EDM. Tips, tricks, tutorials.
You can also check my royalty free music - https://www.acousticbro.com

Return to “Production Techniques”