5 years and I've still not decided on a producer name, any suggestions?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Numanoid wrote:Bottoms up:

Tank'ard
Taken:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tankard_(band)
Best Regards

Roman Empire

Kim Jong Undecided :hihi:

BLTN (Better late that never)

BLT (Bacon Lettuce Tomato)

Roman Empire wrote:

Tank'ard
Taken:

Not the same thing. The whole point is the '

Like a tank, you play 'ard you drink 'ard, you are tank'ard 8)

DJ Bono. I still haven't found what I'm looking for after five years baby.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Numanoid wrote:
Roman Empire wrote:

Tank'ard
Taken:

Not the same thing. The whole point is the '

Like a tank, you play 'ard you drink 'ard, you are tank'ard 8)
Well, that story would have to be told very often then, but that´s in a world where everybody knows the metal band tankard, and that´s prolly not so likely. It could cause problems with copyrights on the name though.. I think an apostrophy won´t help you much in court, just like a metal band could get into trouble if their name was Mad´Onna - unless one of the members name really is Onna, which actually is a female name in Indonesia :)
Best Regards

Roman Empire

Technically speaking names don't fall under copyright protection but rather require trademark protection.

Tankard would be an everyday object and so would not enjoy such protection outside the specific area in which it is applied.

In other words in order for "Tank'ard" to infringe it doesn't matter whether it meant "tank hard" (fill up or fall on your face? immune to small caliber ammunition?) or "(shellshocked) tanker 'tard" (a ww1 vet in a wheelchair with intellectual disability?)

It only matters whether customers of "Tankard" would be confused by "Tank'ard" in such a way as to either damage the reputation of "Tankard", bring into question whether a product is made by one or the other, appear as an endorsement, imply an association with, or attribute aspects of another product to "Tankard" or affect in ways other than fair "good faith" competition the sales of "Tankard" brand products.

An important element involved in whether the name/brand is confusing is whether aspects of the two brands overlap in a way which could potentially confuse "an ordinary person".

Another metal band with similar album artwork, melodies, lyrics and stage costumes? Yeah well that would probably be infringing.

A smooth jazz band with otherwise nothing in common but the name? Possibly not infringing.

That doesn't have a fixed definition and would be decided subjectively by a hearing/judge.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

dj infringing hairstyle

DJ cattle prod.

dj wake up and smell the coffee

Hmmmmmmm. That would imply racism against non-coffee people.

Exactly. It's edgy. :hihi:

DJ I am not a racist, I hate everybody equally. :)

DJ Mustafa Name

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”