What is a good la3a plugin?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am looking for a good la3a plugin.

Any hints?

Thanks.

I've heard great things about the Black Rooster Audio emulation. There's also a nebula library by Tim P or something like that that a lot of people swear by.
Chris H.

Black Rooster VLA-3A
Waves CLA-3A
UAD LA-3A
PhoenixInFlight Option 3A (if you can find it; SynthMaker)
URS CCS has a 3A option
BombFactory (Pro Tools only)

How close any of these will get you to the original remains to be seen.
Confucamus.

I have no idea if it's good, but the S.LA.X by Sonic Anomaly is an LA-3A plugin, I think. It's also free.
Last edited by BRBWaffles on Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

*deleted*

Bx_opto
Black Rooster vla3a
Timp Opto3a (for nebula)
Dub it up blacker than dread

BRBWaffles wrote:I have no idea if it's good, but the S.LA.X by Sonic Anomaly is an LA-3A plugin, I think. It's also free.
It was inspired by LA-2A, but it only works as LA-2A to some extent, for subtle usage mostly.

Another vote for Black Rooster.
It's easy if you know how

The Black Rooster Audio VLA-3A is a good deal, at $56, with the still active "2017_septembersale" promo code. The promo code provides an additional 30% off the present sale price.

Black Rooster VLA-3A

My current fave is definitely Tim Petherick's Opto 3a for Nebula. In the past I've found the CLA-3A quite useful for a lot of things, but these days it's mostly about the Opto for me.

You don’t see as many LA3A style emulations out there. I do agree, the Waves model, being the one I have, is quite good also.

UAD is also bound to be good and from what I have heard of the Black Rooster, it also seems worthwhile checking out.

Here's another vote for Tim Petherick's Opto 3A. It's incredibly good, one of the best software comps out there and certainly the best LA-3A ITB, as far as I'm concerned. Tim makes some amazing nebula programs. I have a bunch of them and will keep adding more. Can't say enough good things about his work, which is such a joy to use, seriously. Highly recommended.

+1 for Black Rooster
hands down
nc-rec.com

+1 on the Black Rooster VLA-3A and if not mistaken they have a sale on right now :) https://blackroosteraudio.com/ 50% off with code 2018SUMMERSALE
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

Return to “Effects”