Happy with your DAW?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I said it before and I say it again: "The best DAW is the one that you know the best".
Edgar Rothermich
(iMac5K, 32GB)
YouTube Videos https://YouTube.com/c/MusicTechExplained/
Books for Logic Pro X, Pro Tools, GarageBand and FCPx http://DingDingMusic.com/
My Instagram for Logic Pro X, Pro Tools https://www.instagram.com/edgarrothermich/

Yes, I am. Although the fact that I still read threads like this might suggest otherwise.
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

Please, some random guy who ripped off "blue thunder" doesn't really get my

of approval.

:hihi:

I'm lost in limbo with 3 DAW's: Cubase 9 Pro, Ableton Live 9 Suite, and Studio One 3 Professional. I've been a Live user since version 4, but the more I use it, the more unsatisfied I am with the Arrangement View. I still think that Live is the easiest and the fastest way to get an idea up and running, in comarison to Cubase and Studio One. As of late, I use Maschine a lot, and when I want to get a serious mix going, I don't want to move everything over to Live's Arrangement. I prefer to move everything to Studio One or Cubase.

EdgarRothermich wrote:I said it before and I say it again: "The best DAW is the one that you know the best".
+1. Exactly!
You can debate all day about small stuff between DAWS but the fact of the matter is they all have their strengths and weaknesses.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

The best one is the next one you get :hihi:

I used to think the lack of a "patcher" functionality was a huge bummer for Logic Pro X, but I've forgotten all about that now. So into just making music, really happy with Logic. I've been in a plugin-collector phase for a few years since I did a shift from Reason to Logic and the whole world of VST's. I now feel like I have all the plugins I need and luckily I have been able to transition very well into just making a lot of music instead of worrying about plugins and DAW differences, I've come to accept Logic for all its strengths and couldn't be happier, not looking back.

There are a few downsides to Logic such as Ultrabeat UI being pretty much unusable, but I've replaced it with microtonic and Nerve, and that combo works amazingly well for me. I also use mostly fabfilter instead of the stock eq and compressor. Some of the stock effects get alot of use but it's mostly the smaller toolbox kind of plugins such as stereo spread, overdrive, echo, and so forth.

Yes, I am in a happy relationship with Ableton. She does everything I ask for :roll:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Extremely happy with Studio One. Only thing I wish for, but I think nobody has it, is DAW side automation modulation. With all possible LFO shapes.

EdgarRothermich wrote:I said it before and I say it again: "The best DAW is the one that you know the best".
This sums it up nicely.

For me it is Ableton, although I am starting to get into multichannel work (in particular Ambisonics) and that is one of the things in which Ableton really sucks. Hoping for version 10... :pray:
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Not happy at all with the price of Bitwig 2, feel like it's step in right direction from Logic for me, but can't justify the asking retail price, so yeah, not so happy with Logic after discovery of Bitwig.
This entire forum is wading through predictions, opinions, barely formed thoughts, drama, and whining. If you don't enjoy that, why are you here? :D ShawnG

Still happy with Bitwig 1.3.16. Does everything I could ask for and I still could dive deeper into nested effects and all that jazz.

kb420 wrote:I'm lost in limbo with 3 DAW's: Cubase 9 Pro, Ableton Live 9 Suite, and Studio One 3 Professional. I've been a Live user since version 4, but the more I use it, the more unsatisfied I am with the Arrangement View. I still think that Live is the easiest and the fastest way to get an idea up and running, in comarison to Cubase and Studio One. As of late, I use Maschine a lot, and when I want to get a serious mix going, I don't want to move everything over to Live's Arrangement. I prefer to move everything to Studio One or Cubase.
That’s how I feel about Live as well, though my bigger issues with it now are it’s deafness to MPE compatible instruments. It doesn’t even work with polyphonic aftertouch. But, I love so much about it. The UI is super intuitive and fast to use. M4L is a godsend. There’s so much to love about it, but these few small problems always make me end up frustrated.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

Yep, still loving FL Studio since 2002.

Very. I just wish I would have found Live already years ago.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”