PaulStretch3 preview(12) release

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

S950 wrote:The latest version 8 worked once, now I have no audio when importing any audio file.
Is it just that the playback isn't working or does it also not show the waveform? Did you try resetting the parameter values like suggested above (by pressing the 0/number zero key)?

You can try deleting the settings file at : C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\PaulStretch3\PaulStretch3.xml
Last edited by Xenakios on Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

s_t wrote:Thanks again for the great work!

Unless it's a known issue already, I'd like to report that the main volume is not affecting the rendered file.

Couple of suggestions for future consideration:
- As the program complexity is increasing, perhaps a "save project" could become handy.
- Ability to set loop points to the timeline. The playback starts from the beginning, but once it reaches the loop point it remains looping. Perhaps a new rendering file option would be needed where you can determine x seconds to render.
-Fixing the main volume not applied to render issue.
-Agreed, I need to come up with some kind of project/settings/presets file thing besides the globally stored settings file.
-Sure, the rendering needs options to deal with the looping. A workaround at the moment for the looping and some other offline rendering issues is to use the live output recording feature. Also it would be nice to add some more advanced time selection and looping behaviors.

Thank you for all your efforts Xenakios! :clap:

Xenakios wrote:
S950 wrote:The latest version 8 worked once, now I have no audio when importing any audio file.
Is it just that the playback isn't working or does it also not show the waveform? Did you try resetting the parameter values like suggested above (by pressing the 0/number zero key)?

You can try deleting the settings file at : C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\PaulStretch3\PaulStretch3.xml
The waveform was playing just no audio.

Deleted the settings file and that seems to have fixed it.

Thanks,

Thank you for the great work Xenakios!

Absolutely loving it! And works like a dream here (OS X). I can only join the others and thank you for your great work on this!

Thank You for this. I love the added feature that allows you to freeze, crossfade loop and record a live output. This will make looping so much easier. Thank you very much. First chance I get, you will be getting a donation for this update. Very glad to modernized it. The original creator would be proud I believe.
Designing Sound On The Fly!

https://www.kidanthemsounddesign.com/

On another note. With the looping feature. It would be cool if the loop points could be baked into the rendered file. Just a thought. Unless it does already and haven't payed eough attention hehe. Which is a big possibility haha

Phazziance wrote:On another note. With the looping feature. It would be cool if the loop points could be baked into the rendered file.
I am not sure if the JUCE WAV-file writer supports adding loop points/cues into the file, but I'll take a look.

edit : OK, it does, but calculating the exact point in the output audio where the loop point happens is complicated. (Similar issue to the waveform play cursor where it's difficult to calculate the position so that it shows the point in file that is currently audible...)

edit2: Wait, did I misunderstand what you meant? Did you mean rendering the looping audio with the offline rendering? I am planning to add that, but it requires to do some GUI for the offline render, which I haven't done yet.

Xenakios wrote:
Phazziance wrote:On another note. With the looping feature. It would be cool if the loop points could be baked into the rendered file.
I am not sure if the JUCE WAV-file writer supports adding loop points/cues into the file, but I'll take a look.

edit : OK, it does, but calculating the exact point in the output audio where the loop point happens is complicated. (Similar issue to the waveform play cursor where it's difficult to calculate the position so that it shows the point in file that is currently audible...)

edit2: Wait, did I misunderstand what you meant? Did you mean rendering the looping audio with the offline rendering? I am planning to add that, but it requires to do some GUI for the offline render, which I haven't done yet.

You understood right. In the edit 2 of the post, that will be great.

Phazziance wrote:
Xenakios wrote:

You understood right. In the edit 2 of the post, that will be great.
OK, I will add that eventually.

Took a bit more time than should have but 3.0.0 Preview 9 is up now, links in the original post. (To use the MIDI learn feature, a MIDI input device needs to be first enabled in the Settings...->Audio device.) The GUI layout is now a bit wonky with the new group boxes around the parameters, but I'll look on improving that later. I just wanted to get this release out now instead of tweaking the pixel positions...

2017-10-30 (3.0.0preview9, Xenakios fork)
-MIDI CC learn support by right-click on parameter slider/button/dropdown. (FFT size parameter not yet supported.)
Also allows changing the mapping curve from MIDI CC value to parameter value.
-Added saving and loading of paulstretch3 projects.
-Added zoom/scrollbar to waveform component
-Main volume applied when offline rendering.
-Added option to enable/disable clipping for 32 bit floating point renders (16 and 24 bit outputs are always clipped).
-Can change harmonics base frequency parameter to Herz based by right-clicking the slider.
-Changed GUI layout so that the parameters of the different spectral processing modules
are inside group components. (Needs tweaking...)
-Format output duration as minutes, hours etc as needed

Many thanks for the continued updates Xenakios. About to jump back in and I've got 5 updates worth of new features to catch up on!

Frickin' awesome dude. Project Save!

I do have one mentally disturbing request: can the stretch time ratio be less than one?
I'm asking for time compression; a 4 minute file played back in the space of 2 minutes, with lovely large FFT windows.

A possibility?

CinningBao wrote:Frickin' awesome dude. Project Save!

I do have one mentally disturbing request: can the stretch time ratio be less than one?
I'm asking for time compression; a 4 minute file played back in the space of 2 minutes, with lovely large FFT windows.

A possibility?
I have been thinking about adding the "shortening" mode as well the "really extreme" modes back. (Since they are available in the original PaulStretch...) It is unfortunately not just about extending the range of the GUI slider, some additional logic needs to be added to activate those modes in the algorithm. But it shouldn't be too bad...

Return to “Effects”