SKnote release Disto-S - A Distressor, fast and effective.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

quintosardo wrote:Looks like somebody has never seen the fonts on a real Distress, here :lol:

Nice, chunky round little font. You see a relation between this and your fugly font?

quintosardo wrote:Looks like somebody has never seen the fonts on a real Distress, here :lol:

You're welcome ;)
I own a real distressor, and the font kerning and weight in Disto-S aren't correct at the very least.

I'm not sure what your point is here.

Thank you for the free update Q, much appreciated.

Sounds in your face!

Robert Randolph wrote:

You're welcome ;)
I own a real distressor, and the font kerning and weight in Disto-S aren't correct at the very least.

I'm not sure what your point is here.
I own several, too, and the point is that there are several different ways of saying the same thing.

Anyone compared it to FG?
Some guys reported that attack is not fast enough...

MSRP: 299$
Special AES launch price: 49.99$ (all formats, including AAX-DSP).
Eh? This is a Waves joke, right?

I know we can rename the plugin ourselves but my download had the same name.

What's happened to the old version, will it remain in our downloads as this has replaced it in its downloads. Not a problem for me as I keep copies of all my software zips and installers.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

imrae wrote:
I imagine its part of the agreement for being granted permission
to market it off the Empirical Labs brand. I suspect the guys
over at EL are being very cool about it, and having competitive
pricing is only fair. Slate probably has a different agreement
to account for their pricing.

Buy it now...

VariKusBrainZ wrote:I know we can rename the plugin ourselves but my download had the same name.

What's happened to the old version, will it remain in our downloads as this has replaced it in its downloads. Not a problem for me as I keep copies of all my software zips and installers.
You'll be able to use them together, as they have different internal IDs.

You'll download them both in a single package. Today you are getting just Disto-S (which should be fun enough for some time :) ).

Just keep "Disto" for v.2, Disto-S for this one.

Once we are out of this (very hard, for us) transition you'll just have Disto-S and Disto-R.

Please help us to build it the best way. Lots of people asked for this new style, lots of people prefer the previous rack system with an extended concept. So we kept them both. Just imagine the amount of work this involves. Including making Disto-S presets compatible to Disto-R.

imrae wrote:
It just means we choose to make it cheap for some time, jump on board and that's all ;)

Guys at ELI are extremely cool (so is Steven Slate and company). I think we can only be extremely happy for how the audio induustry is working today and what technology is making available.
I, for one, really enjoy it.

quintosardo wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:I know we can rename the plugin ourselves but my download had the same name.

You'll be able to use them together, as they have different internal IDs.

You'll download them both in a single package. Today you are getting just Disto-S (which should be fun enough for some time :) ).

Just keep "Disto" for v.2, Disto-S for this one.

Once we are out of this (very hard, for us) transition you'll just have Disto-S and Disto-R.

Please help us to build it the best way. Lots of people asked for this new style, lots of people prefer the previous rack system with an extended concept. So we kept them both. Just imagine the amount of work this involves. Including making Disto-S presets compatible to Disto-R.
It's cool, I'll probably stick to the new version as its just so easy to dial in bombastic compression :)

The autogain just makes it a pleasure to use
Amazon: why not use an alternative

AAX users (Win and Mac): please download the new files from your user area, they've been updated.

Fixes:

- Should fix the "Link" issue.
- On Mac, AAX-DSP stereo is called correctly (typo removed).

Changes:

- New "Dry-Mix" label, as requested. Should make dry signal mixing more intuitive.
- Autogain is now triggered by all controls (but autogain switch, Volume knob, Harmonic mode).

Fingers crossed, let's make it rock solid.

It is going FOH on Venue, too.

Any sound examples? Also it's not in your webshop. The plugin in the image is called "Disto". Is that Disto or Disto-S?

It is Disto, which is coming in two modules: Disto-S and Disto-R.

Today you'll get the brand new Disto-S, Disto-R will follow as an update of the old v.2.

Vortifex wrote:Any sound examples?
Will post more if I get the time later

Drums Dry
https://app.box.com/s/mo1mgw3rekoz5cl6ptewgg4ost2q236a

Drums Disto
https://app.box.com/s/qb12fnswlst4cfdsti8sdnwcjlj5jz3f

Return to “Effects”