Sonic Academy new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
ANA ANA 2 The Earth & Moon Expansion

fluffy_little_something wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Not asking this to be a wise guy, but does it matter what synths ANA 2 sounds like? The only synth, to the best of my knowledge, that you own and like is Sylenth1. So I have to assume that all other synths ever made fall short for you. If that's the case, comparing ANA 2 to another synth is pointless.

Judge it on its own merits and how you like the sound of IT and not how it sounds compared to XYZ.

My 2 cents for whatever they're worth.
That is exactly the point. Does it sound as good as Sylenth1? If so, I might switch to Ana 2, because, judging from the user interface, it has a couple of nice additional features I have been missing in Sylenth1.

It does have an Oberheim filter, so naturally wonder if the result indeed sounds close to an Oberheim or whether it is just marketing babble.
Does any synth sound as good as another? You're intelligent enough to know that that's 100% subjective. I think Omnisphere sounds great. Some people (no names mentioned) think a free synth with some reverb sounds just as good if not better.

I think most synths sound better than 13 year old technology. So don't go by me. And yes, from what I heard from the ANA 2 demos, I think it blows Sylenth1 out of the water. Does my opinion matter? To you, probably 3000% less than anybody else's here.

All I know is I have NEVER bought a synth because somebody here told me they thought it sounded great. I buy it if I think it sounds great or I think I can use it in my business. Usually the two go hand in hand but not always. I have bought synths that I knew I'd never create a library for simply because I knew there was no market and I just loved the way the synth sounded anyway.

ANA 2 will most definitely fit in the category of great sound and definite business potential, just like when I bought Diva. Did I need another analog emulation? No. Did the synth sound great? Yes. Did I know for a fact it would sell like crazy? Yes.

But business aside, ANA 2, IMO, sounds amazing enough that I'm buying it the second it comes out. In fact, it might be, again, IMO, one of the top 5 sounding synths today based on what I heard.

YMMV a whole ton.

And knowing you as well as I do (at least as far as your taste in synths) I'd be totally stunned if you pulled the trigger and bought this. In fact, I'll go 10,000 to 1 odds with anybody here that you won't get it.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents. Blows Sylenth1 away and a lot of other synths to boot.

wagtunes wrote: Does any synth sound as good as another? You're intelligent enough to know that that's 100% subjective. I think Omnisphere sounds great. Some people (no names mentioned) think a free synth with some reverb sounds just as good if not better.
I guess it's also a matter of judging whose judgment you can trust on, and whose you can't trust on. No names mentioned!! :P

I don't expect it to sound exactly like Sylenth1. But the sound quality should be similar at least. For instance there should not be any audible aliasing, which used to be a problem with v1.

The reverb sounds very good, just heard that in a video. I am looking for a complete synth so that I can save patches complete with effects.

fluffy_little_something wrote:I don't expect it to sound exactly like Sylenth1. But the sound quality should be similar at least. For instance there should not be any audible aliasing, which used to be a problem with v1.

The reverb sounds very good, just heard that in a video. I am looking for a complete synth so that I can save patches complete with effects.
Well, if your main concern is aliasing (ANA 1 was horrendous) you're going to just have to test that on your own unless you can find a demo of somebody playing some really high notes to see if there is aliasing. You're not going to hear aliasing in the context of a "normal" demo where pitch ranges are kept fairly moderate.

Demo, decide. Because unless there is somebody here who was on the beta testing team and actually used this thing, nobody's going to be able to answer your question. Not yet anyway.

chk071 wrote:I guess it's also a matter of judging whose judgment you can trust on, and whose you can't trust on. No names mentioned!! :P
Why not mention names? 8)

If someone (who can't be named) spits out a lot of crap day by day and thus sort of influences the reputation of company X or Y ... well, then the 'thing' can go the opposite direction, too.

Heck, we're speaking business, don't we? A business that might be a huge fake at the end of the day. How come? Let's discuss.

I need a score card because I have NO idea what's going on.

Anyway, I wish Phil would return to the thread and give us a better idea of when this thing is coming out other than "before the end of the year."

That doesn't really help a whole lot. lol

Why so impatient? At our age we should be patient and wise 8) Make it your Christmas present 8)

fluffy_little_something wrote:Why so impatient? At our age we should be patient and wise 8) Make it your Christmas present 8)
I'll be broke by the time Christmas comes.

what about public beta :?

fluffy_little_something wrote:Why so impatient? At our age we should be patient and wise 8) Make it your Christmas present 8)
In the meantime we could elaborate on other developer's products. :idea:

:hihi:

elassi wrote:
In the meantime we could elaborate on other developer's products. :idea:

:hihi:
Well, for me there is not much interesting stuff out there, frankly. Basically I am waiting for a modern, complete version of Sylenth1 :hihi:
I already liked Ana 1 a lot in terms of concept, so I've kept an eye on it...
Speaking of which, I hope they will include a skin similar to the v1 one as well, I hate those dark skins...

fluffy_little_something wrote: Speaking of which, I hope they will include a skin similar to the v1 one as well, I hate those dark skins...
Isn't the skin in this video similar to ANA 1?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... nV7o2s2uHA
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote: Speaking of which, I hope they will include a skin similar to the v1 one as well, I hate those dark skins...
Isn't the skin in this video similar to ANA 1?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... nV7o2s2uHA

Ah, cool, I had only seen the black one so far :)

fluffy_little_something wrote:Well, for me there is not much interesting stuff out there, frankly. Basically I am waiting for a modern, complete version of Sylenth1 :hihi:
Sure, but you can't judge a synth before a master of preset programming got his hands on it! Only if such a guru has explored the unknown territories of technology one can tell about its dimensions in sonic space! Wait, let me add another exclamation mark --> !

That said, I really think the man who can't be named must establish his own company (business!!) forum at KVR. Guess a bunch of people would show up there and share their opinion on the seller's products. :ud:

fluffy_little_something wrote:Basically I am waiting for a modern, complete version of Sylenth1 :hihi:
It's already there. It's called Spire. ;)

Just like with anything else, don't expect it to sound exactly like Sylenth1 though. IMO, it sounds better.

Return to “Instruments”