Eventide H9000 announced ... WOW!!!

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Haven't seen a thread here...

The new Eventide H9000 makes me GAS like hell. "Faceless" version starts from 5k USD.

I'm close to get one next year. But probably overkill for my studio. Got already so many gear, although surely setting new standards, thus I won't be able to use it to its full potential.

Or maybe I should get a demo unit... risking it will never leave the studio again?

Who's at the AES and played with it? Please talk me out of it :pray:
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

I’m actually unclear as to who the target audience is for such a box. So much production has gone ITB, and the professional studio as an entity is virtually nonexistent anymore. Live sound, maybe? Is there really enough of an industry remaining to support this kind of product?
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

deastman wrote:and the professional studio as an entity is virtually nonexistent anymore.
So all those productions (bands/tv/movies/etc.) that have recently been recorded and/or mastered in a professional studio... it all happened on the astral plane! :eek:

deastman wrote:I’m actually unclear as to who the target audience is for such a box. So much production has gone ITB, and the professional studio as an entity is virtually nonexistent anymore. Live sound, maybe? Is there really enough of an industry remaining to support this kind of product?
Yes, there are still a lot of pro studios. Definitely much less. Time will tell how Eventide will do with this new beast. The price is quite moderate for what it does. I expected it more in the plus 7k range.

Didn´t woke up any interest in these sites...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=492960&p=6898679#p6898679

i've been told it will be open to 3rd part dev. they're apparently making a dev package since the dsp is ARM chips or something it's supposed to be able to run Max patches. looks really impressive imo and the eventide boxes always provide something extra or intangible for some people. it's well spec'd and will likely have a long production run and i'm guessing lot's of enthusiastic users.

dayjob wrote:i've been told it will be open to 3rd part dev. they're apparently making a dev package since the dsp is ARM chips or something it's supposed to be able to run Max patches. looks really impressive imo and the eventide boxes always provide something extra or intangible for some people. it's well spec'd and will likely have a long production run and i'm guessing lot's of enthusiastic users.
Didn't know it'll be kinda an open platform. Sounds cool.

About the long production run. That depends on how many and how long people buy this box. Maybe they are able to do a long run, if their other business runs well. I guess they have to somehow finance this indirectly from the Communications unit. But I might be totally wrong.

Well, running Max patches is kind of intriguing, but of course there are much cheaper approaches such as ModDevices and Organelle. And again, are there a lot of pro studios who need to run Max patches on dedicated hardware? I’m not saying there isn’t a market, but I can’t imagine it being very big. Actually, I’d love to be proven wrong.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

I'm also sceptic, but I wish them the best :tu:

deastman wrote:Well, running Max patches is kind of intriguing, but of course there are much cheaper approaches such as ModDevices and Organelle. And again, are there a lot of pro studios who need to run Max patches on dedicated hardware? I’m not saying there isn’t a market, but I can’t imagine it being very big. Actually, I’d love to be proven wrong.

i suspect there may be an external for max in the works so you can say have more than one max patch running.. or combination of max patch + eventide algorithms + 3rd party algorithms all addressing different dsp or something??? i don't know.. probably tricky to code that sort of thing but gen~ in max allows direct dsp prototyping for hardware dsp devices w/a compiler type of scenario and even exporting as code so who knows how they'll implement this.. but it sounds like a pretty flexible plan.

i can see a scenario where they develop the plug in side of it so the unit can basically work as outboard dsp for a computer in the same way that UAD has done only this has potential to offer a lot more since can be used with many systems via its expansion slots and of course traditional studio outboard dsp type stuff.

daydreaming about this it could very well just have a list of algortihms and fx chains that use eventide algos and max patches and 3rd party things all in the same chain and all showing up in some way or other as a plug in in your DAW or the ipad remote app??

I’m selling an entire QSC KW Series PA to buy this for my keyboard rig.

As long as the 16 ARM processors have new Reverb Algos.
Not a fan of Eventides Reverbs yet.

PCM70 and TC Fireworx have spoiled me.
Not realistic room emulations, but great sounding Verbs.

diaper@ky wrote:I’m selling an entire QSC KW Series PA to buy this for my keyboard rig.

As long as the 16 ARM processors have new Reverb Algos.
Not a fan of Eventides Reverbs yet.

PCM70 and TC Fireworx have spoiled me.
Not realistic room emulations, but great sounding Verbs.
I'm neither a fan of their reverbs. Who knows what they come up with now. H9000 with the 8 channels could minimize a rig quite well.

dayjob wrote:i've been told it will be open to 3rd part dev. they're apparently making a dev package since the dsp is ARM chips or something it's supposed to be able to run Max patches. looks really impressive imo and the eventide boxes always provide something extra or intangible for some people. it's well spec'd and will likely have a long production run and i'm guessing lot's of enthusiastic users.
I honestly cant see it running full MAX patches, so perhaps it'll be a package for cross-compilation from gen~, like the OWL and Moddevices stuff.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

stardustmedia wrote: I'm neither a fan of their reverbs. Who knows what they come up with now. H9000 with the 8 channels could minimize a rig quite well.
I’m thinking of 6 stereo AUX Channels (12)
And 2 more stereo FX for Stage Monitors and FOH.
That’s assuming there’s 16 channels/8 stereo.

I’d run DB25 for 8 then ADAT for 8 into my Audio interface.
Got 10 years of gigs left in me.
May as well spoil myself... :tu:

whyterabbyt wrote:
I honestly cant see it running full MAX patches, so perhaps it'll be a package for cross-compilation from gen~, like the OWL and Moddevices stuff.
that's my guess too. compile ->> export using gen

just about anything will be better than Vsig.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”