Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Backsnack wrote:Regarding Audio Damage:

Does EOS2 do things that Valhalla reverbs can't do? Anyone own both and had a chance to compare?
The original settings, including Inf, were developed by the same guy, Sean Costello, who explained that their different from his plugins.

Well, I know I posted that STA Delay deal but I installed it and Pro Tools immediately began throwing buffer errors (even without any instantiated), so I deleted it.

YMMV.
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

Aloysius wrote:
c_voltage wrote:Do anyone know about Audio Damage loalty system - there is anything ? (I mean - buy more - pay less) Or no.
As well - bundles not available anymore for purchase ?
I came across this yesterday ... It's working. :)

Audio Damage - Get 20% off your entire order

Use the code FFFOCTOBER at checkout to get 20% off your entire order. Applies to everything we sell (except iOS products). Good until midnight Pacific time, October 22nd!
Yes, thanks, i knew about 20% offer, but was need info exactly about those discount system what i described.

It seems that Audio Damage doesn’t do sales very often ... maybe 1-2x per year?

ere2learn wrote:Sample Magic Autumn Sale

30% off Sample Magic products

https://www.samplemagic.com/
That apparently includes the already intro-discounted new Klip.
Follow me on Youtube for videos on spatial and immersive audio production.

Any happy Axon2 users? Looks pretty interesting.

Backsnack wrote:Any happy Axon2 users? Looks pretty interesting.
Axon 2 is awesome. The enhanced midi in/out alone is worth it, you can use it to sequence other stuff or use it as a stand-alone drum machine now, which I don’t think was possible before.

Got this email from iZotope, thought I’d share:

“To clarify, if you already own Music Production Bundle 2 and RX 6, there’s no need for you to upgrade to Music Production Suite. You would benefit most from purchasing the “O8N2 Bundle: Loyalty Crossgrade from Music Production Bundle 2” for $199. You will qualify for any future upgrade options simply by virtue of owning all of the components of the Music Production Suite. You don’t have to actually own a suite license to qualify.”

dangayle wrote:Got this email from iZotope, thought I’d share:

“To clarify, if you already own Music Production Bundle 2 and RX 6, there’s no need for you to upgrade to Music Production Suite. You would benefit most from purchasing the “O8N2 Bundle: Loyalty Crossgrade from Music Production Bundle 2” for $199. You will qualify for any future upgrade options simply by virtue of owning all of the components of the Music Production Suite. You don’t have to actually own a suite license to qualify.”
That has not always been their practice though.

I do own the MPB 2,and to me it seems using the $199 upgrade route (O8N2 only) instead of the $299 upgrade route (MPS) is gambling...

Who knows whether Izotope will offer a separate "O9N3" upgrade next year for owners of O8N2, or whether there will only be an MPS2 upgrade for those who own MPS?

That way, saving $100 today might haunt me twice next year...
That´s exactly what I´m pondering right now...

I am also curious on how this would work with upgrades you buy from retailers. A future MPS->MPS2 upgrade would require you to provide a MPS serial which you would not have. This is a disadvantage. You would probably have to go through iZotope customer service directly. In the US this means you have to add sales tax, whereas if bought from JRR, for example, you would not have to add tax and might even get a discount.

I upgraded to Neutron2 by upgrading PPS2->PPS2.1 for $79. But that upgrade is not really available anywhere (not even in the iZotope webshop), so I had to go through iZotope customer support to get a personalized upgrade link. At $79, the sales tax was not a big deal, but I would nonetheless have preferred to do the upgrade with a retailer where I could get additional discounts.
epiphaneia wrote:

I do own the MPB 2,and to me it seems using the $199 upgrade route (O8N2 only) instead of the $299 upgrade route (MPS) is gambling...

Who knows whether Izotope will offer a separate "O9N3" upgrade next year for owners of O8N2, or whether there will only be an MPS2 upgrade for those who own MPS?

That way, saving $100 today might haunt me twice next year...
That´s exactly what I´m pondering right now...

I just saw that Newloops has another $5 pack. Any thoughts on these?

So because both the sales were so good, I decided to get both the Miroslav CE and the Kirk Hunter libraries. My wallet needs a break from this thread. :dog:

I fired up the presets and started playing with them. I think the Miroslav has a bit more depth and realism to it. The amount and variety of instruments make it sound a little closer to the real deal. The multi presets sound like a more traditional orchestra than the Kirk Hunter. The Kirk Hunter library really shines on the multi-intrument patches that blend choir and orchestra. The overall sound becomes more of an artistic flare or particular effect instead of full-on realism like the Miroslav. Though it seems the overall realism of the brass section is lacking on both ...

My wife is a trumpet player. I fired up the tumpet samples on both to see her opinions. Her responses went something like this:

Mirsolav CE:
"Sounds like an electronic version of a trumpet. Meh."

Kirk Hunter:
"That sounds nothing like a trumpet, LOL! You really think it sounds like a trumpet?"

Me: *shrug* "Pretty close, I guess?"

Backsnack wrote:So because both the sales were so good, I decided to get both the Miroslav CE and the Kirk Hunter libraries. My wallet needs a break from this thread. :dog:

I fired up the presets and started playing with them. I think the Miroslav has a bit more depth and realism to it. The amount and variety of instruments make it sound a little closer to the real deal. The multi presets sound like a more traditional orchestra than the Kirk Hunter. The Kirk Hunter library really shines on the multi-intrument patches that blend choir and orchestra. The overall sound becomes more of an artistic flare or particular effect instead of full-on realism like the Miroslav. Though it seems the overall realism of the brass section is lacking on both ...

My wife is a trumpet player. I fired up the tumpet samples on both to see her opinions. Her responses went something like this:

Mirsolav CE:
"Sounds like an electronic version of a trumpet. Meh."

Kirk Hunter:
"That sounds nothing like a trumpet, LOL! You really think it sounds like a trumpet?"

Me: *shrug* "Pretty close, I guess?"
LOL! So since I have Miroslav 1, I'm guessing I probably don't need either. Thanks for saving me some money. :)

For me they’re day and night (Miro 1 compared to Miro 2).

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”