Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
ninvoid
KVRist

49 posts since 15 May, 2016

Postby ninvoid; Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:50 pm Sonuscore "Lyrical Vocal Phrases" - Walkthrough Video

Hi guys!

I've just uploaded my very first library walkthrough video, focusing on Sonuscore's brand new "Lyrical Vocal Phrases", a great female solo vocal library for Kontakt.

In this video I tried to show all the main features of the instrument and I also gave a quick explanation on how I composed / produced the demo that I made especially for this walkthrough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd2V62UUrwM

As this is my first ever walkthrough, I would really appreciate any feedback you can give on it. Cheers! :wink:
ozmuso67
KVRist

98 posts since 26 Aug, 2014, from Australia

Postby ozmuso67; Fri Nov 24, 2017 10:48 am Re: Sonuscore "Lyrical Vocal Phrases" - Walkthrough Video

Thanks mate!

I've had my eye on this vocal library for a while now, and I was watching your video earlier today.

My only question is about timing - I know as you said there is a speed control, but I am wondering how easy or hard it is to get vocal phrases to be in time?

Normally with sample libraries, e.g. kontakt libraries, they can be set to sync to host, which I understand this can't do, as they weren't recorded to any tempo sync.

Sounds great, your video was useful. I just am a little hesitant due to the timing question.

Thanks - Justin.
ninvoid
KVRist

49 posts since 15 May, 2016

Postby ninvoid; Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:23 pm Re: Sonuscore "Lyrical Vocal Phrases" - Walkthrough Video

ozmuso67 wrote:Thanks mate!

I've had my eye on this vocal library for a while now, and I was watching your video earlier today.

My only question is about timing - I know as you said there is a speed control, but I am wondering how easy or hard it is to get vocal phrases to be in time?

Normally with sample libraries, e.g. kontakt libraries, they can be set to sync to host, which I understand this can't do, as they weren't recorded to any tempo sync.

Sounds great, your video was useful. I just am a little hesitant due to the timing question.

Thanks - Justin.

Hi, Justin!

Thanks for taking the time to watch my walkthrough. :-)

As the Sonuscore people themselves mentioned, this library fits better into an ambient / atmospheric environment, rather than a track with a strong rhythmic component. As such, I found that the best way to use it together with a steady beat (as I did in my track), is by tweaking the velocity and the start position just so that a noticeable note change in the phrase matches the beggining of the beat or a "strong" sound in it (such as a kick or snare...). Of course, I cannot assure this will work in every context, but it worked just fine with my demo.

Cheers! :wink:
ozmuso67
KVRist

98 posts since 26 Aug, 2014, from Australia

Postby ozmuso67; Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:41 pm Re: Sonuscore "Lyrical Vocal Phrases" - Walkthrough Video

Ok thank you for the update and info.

I was going to "pull the plug" and get this vocal library during the Black Friday sales, but I ended up not getting it (funds low). But it does sound stellar, so I guess I will wait for another sale from Sonuscore.

Thanks again :tu:

Moderator: KVR Moderators (Main)

Return to Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries