Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals

Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

cb8rwh
KVRist

293 posts since 25 Apr, 2005

Postby cb8rwh; Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:05 am Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

Yeah definitely. The whole editor seems a little blurry to me, again compared to the osc editors. Strange

You also cannot change the SCALE of the editor like you can with the oscs
audiosabre
KVRian

1068 posts since 24 Jul, 2008, from England

Postby audiosabre; Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:07 am Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

Vortifex wrote:
audiosabre wrote:
Vortifex wrote:I'm noticing the chorus is causing crackles in FL Studio, anyone else?

Edit: as ever, enabling 'Use fixed size buffers' sorted it.
It needs fixing then. 'Used fixed sized buffers' will render out of sync if you're using APDC. It's not a good solution.

Didn't know that, thanks.

Me neither until recently. I figured it out whilst troubleshooting for another user. Think it's a bug in FL, but even if it was fixed, 'used fixed sized buffers' adds extra latency, which is unacceptable to have to enable for a synth, imo.
Ridan
KVRian

923 posts since 10 Dec, 2014, from one rocky mountain to another

Postby Ridan; Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:12 am Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

Awe. Site is down. Was really looking forward to giving this a test drive.

Must wait..

Life.
Multicellular
KVRist

35 posts since 16 Oct, 2017, from Washington, D.C.

Postby Multicellular; Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:14 am Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

I demoed it for a half hour...bought it.

I think it hits a nice combo of quality of sound, unusual variety of sounds, and intuitive interface.

The small or normal was a little small, and the next a bit too big. Though I have been considering getting a new monitor anyway...
:)
this one is 24"?

CPU hit on my desktop is 1.5 to 2%. Few plugins ever reach half a percent on this machine, so thats something, obviously not a big issue for me. Running in Reaper. i5, Win 10, 8 gigs of RAM. Some Nvidia GPU. Dont recall the finer details off the top of my head.
Current band http://www.foglings.com
Other music projects: http://www.multicellularmusic.com/
cb8rwh
KVRist

Postby cb8rwh; Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:36 am Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

Has anyone managed to get 'fine' control working on any parameter? Holding shift (win 10), as suggested in the manual, doesn't seem to do anything. Trying to adjust the Pitch on the noise osc by an octave is impossible, or so it seems.
Vortifex
KVRian

516 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Postby Vortifex; Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:43 am Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

cb8rwh wrote:Has anyone managed to get 'fine' control working on any parameter? Holding shift (win 10), as suggested in the manual, doesn't seem to do anything. Trying to adjust the Pitch on the noise osc by an octave is impossible, or so it seems.

I discovered that holding down alt enables fine control on the ENV sliders.
cb8rwh
KVRist

Postby cb8rwh; Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:47 am Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

Haha, and I just found that holding CTRL works on the pitch knob! Thanks
v1o
KVRian

856 posts since 1 Oct, 2004

Postby v1o; Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:26 pm Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

The website is suspended
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2
wagtunes
KVRAF

9570 posts since 8 Oct, 2014

Postby wagtunes; Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:34 pm Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

v1o wrote:The website is suspended

He probably exceeded his bandwidth. Probably wasn't counting on all the downloads he got.
Caine123
KVRAF

4757 posts since 5 Aug, 2009

Postby Caine123; Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:39 pm Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

Is there a random button? I remembee tantra having some.

Yeah im a random bitch :D
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 2nd Gen 18i20 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit
Teksonik
KVRAF

11745 posts since 15 Sep, 2001, from Las Vegas,USA

Postby Teksonik; Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:02 pm Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

plexuss wrote:not to buy it until Dmitry fixed the problem with modulation amount not being adjustable when using an external mac trackpad.

You'd pass on an awesome sounding synth at a no brainer price because of that ? :roll:

Anyway I'm loving Thorn. It's got a fantastic character and attitude that makes it a great addition to the arsenal. Sounds wonderful, tons of fun to program. :tu:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Examigan
KVRAF

4123 posts since 15 Sep, 2005, from East Coast of the USA

Postby Examigan; Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:18 pm Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

Teksonik wrote:
plexuss wrote:not to buy it until Dmitry fixed the problem with modulation amount not being adjustable when using an external mac trackpad.

You'd pass on an awesome sounding synth at a no brainer price because of that ? :roll:

Anyway I'm loving Thorn. It's got a fantastic character and attitude that makes it a great addition to the arsenal. Sounds wonderful, tons of fun to program. :tu:

That's a good endorsement if you like it Teksonik!
I will check it out. :)
Vortifex
KVRian

516 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Postby Vortifex; Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:33 pm Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

wagtunes wrote:
v1o wrote:The website is suspended

He probably exceeded his bandwidth. Probably wasn't counting on all the downloads he got.

Maybe it'll teach him not to put all his installers in one single giant download :hihi:
pilotredsun
KVRer

21 posts since 16 Sep, 2016

Postby pilotredsun; Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:57 pm Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

I'm accustomed to seeing oscillator sync and and ring mod in synths. Is that impossible in a spectral synthesizer?
foosnark
KVRAF

4094 posts since 9 Jan, 2003, from Saint Louis MO

Postby foosnark; Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:54 pm Re: Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

pilotredsun wrote:I'm accustomed to seeing oscillator sync and and ring mod in synths. Is that impossible in a spectral synthesizer?

Those are on the dropdown labeled "PHS" by default.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments