Anyobody use maschine? NI gets $50 Million Investment

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

musical services... hmmm

more cloud based subscription stuff?

Sounds like they want to develop consumer products as a gateway to the more upscale products. Get them into the Native Instruments family early.

Massive 2.0 ???

pdxindy wrote:musical services... hmmm

more cloud based subscription stuff?
Exactly! How else are they going to get more blood from that stone? Bigger push into iOS? More Maschine sample packs? No, the obvious untapped market is moving their “technology” into the cloud and charging us a monthly subscription.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

No, but it's actually €50M ($59M).

http://emh.com/?lang=en

... investment from private equity firm ...

The marketing blurb in the NI article seems to me like they want to burn the money with some kind of integrated music distribution and marketing software in the cloud. Good luck with that :hihi:

They will be loaded with a lot of debt. Equity firm gets big payouts. NI goes insolvent.

All the same all the time. Best example for a whale going down for the same reason in the near future is Gibson Brands Inc. with a total debt load of $520 Million. Oy veh.

This marks the beginning of the end for Native Instruments. Mark my words. It might take a few years, but this is the point where it really begins.

And no, I don't use Mashine. I did see a HUGE amount of Mashine controllers for sale on Guitar Center's used list (as well as a HUGE number of their newer keyboard controllers, too). It was difficult to browse the list of items with all the NI junk, page after page.

I have had only marginal curiosity about Mashine. The moment they make it have all the features of the abandoned Kore, I'll have actual interest. I'm not holding my breath. Especially now that they're looking to squeeze blood from the stone of a saturated market by moving to the "services" fad of "make more guaranteed monthly profit by giving even less to the customer for their money".
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

akeia wrote:... investment from private equity firm ...

They will be loaded with a lot of debt. Equity firm gets big payouts. NI goes insolvent.

All the same all the time. Best example for a whale going down for the same reason in the near future is Gibson Brands Inc. with a total debt load of $520 Million. Oy veh.
:tu:

The private equity firm will be wanting their interest on the cash injection,so they will be leaning on NI to keep focused on the bottom line...

You can be absolutely sure that if this gamble from NI doesn't pay off,they will be paying up...

BIG TIME :help:
No auto tune...

Jace-BeOS wrote:This marks the beginning of the end for Native Instruments. Mark my words. It might take a few years, but this is the point where it really begins.

And no, I don't use Mashine. I did see a HUGE amount of Mashine controllers for sale on Guitar Center's used list (as well as a HUGE number of their newer keyboard controllers, too). It was difficult to browse the list of items with all the NI junk, page after page.

I have had only marginal curiosity about Mashine. The moment they make it have all the features of the abandoned Kore, I'll have actual interest. I'm not holding my breath. Especially now that they're looking to squeeze blood from the stone of a saturated market by moving to the "services" fad of "make more guaranteed monthly profit by giving even less to the customer for their money".
Of course you saw a huge amounts of maschine's because people are getting the mk3's. You always have the choice of not buying anything from NI.
Last edited by beatmangler443 on Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

digitalboytn wrote:
akeia wrote:... investment from private equity firm ...

:tu:

The private equity firm will be wanting their interest on the cash injection,so they will be leaning on NI to keep focused on the bottom line...

You can be absolutely sure that if this gamble from NI doesn't pay off,they will be paying up...

BIG TIME :help:
I'd say the same for Presonus, Propellerhead also.

I would be interested to see if NI launches a subscription service and how much it costs, maybe with an "á la carte" system and flexible pricing it could be very attractive.
dedication to flying

it won't be the 'end' of NI :roll: any more than it was the 'end' for iZotope ..... but still it doesn't bode well for the choices they may start making, like iZotope ....

I'm still perplexed why NI would even solicit a venture capitalist for this kind of money ? NI are absolutely huge, would be my bet for the biggest company in the industry ... maybe they are in bed with this VC not solely for the money, but for the VC's position or expertise in other area's of the music industry ...

I'm thinking maybe they will start pushing STEMS harder, aiming for more ubiquity ... NI's efforts to push STEMS, make them a standard has been pretty pitiful, little dribs and drabs here and there ...
maybe this VC has the right influence in the right areas to help get more artists releasing STEM versions of their tracks

Subscription service ? ... who knows what NI plan for the future, but NI don't need a venture capitalist to help them roll out a subscription service ffs :roll: :lol:

on an unrelated note .... the gaming industry, and the biggest fishes in that particular tank, have been engorging themselves on 'microtransactions' ... it's got to cancerous levels but it still seems to be paying off in a big way. Maybe NI will look to concoct some kind of equivalent, with the help of the right VC ?

I thought they already had a subscription service - Komplete - that comes around every year. I always thought they were smart not to call it a subscription. When new investors get in the picture and NI expands further, its not good for innovation. Once a company gets too big, its harder for new ideas to get approved, just more of the same old stuff that worked in the past -- same old globalization story, really. No new synths, just minimum viable products produced at the lowest cost :roll:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

""In addition, Native Instruments will continue to improve upon several of its existing products aimed at innovating around the DJ-producer experience, including the popular DJing software Traktor and the Stems technology, which breaks tracks into its component parts for live remixing."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/busin ... h-partners"

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”