Noiiz, the first online sample platform with unlimited downloads

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

That $1 deal is kinda bullshit for the people who bought the $89 deal when it first came out. I hate it when companies piss all over early adopters like that.

masterhiggins wrote:That $1 deal is kinda bullshit for the people who bought the $89 deal when it first came out. I hate it when companies piss all over early adopters like that.
Apparently it isn't though. The early adopters are going to wind up with the same Kontakt instruments as in the VSTbuzz deal by the looks of it, so it works out roughly the same cost overall.

This presupposes Noiiz doesn't simply charge people $199 'by mistake'.

How is $1 roughly the same price as $89? Or am I misunderstanding the deal. It looks like they're charging a single dollar for it.

masterhiggins wrote:How is $1 roughly the same price as $89? Or am I misunderstanding the deal. It looks like they're charging a single dollar for it.
You have to pay €99 for the Samplephonics instruments. The bundle includes a coupon for $1 access for one year of Noiiz (that doesn't seem to work BTW). It's not designed so that people just pay $1.

I wonder how they pay their producers with that kind of deal. I remember some of the packs there were 60$ and now you get access to all the packs for 200$ a year. For instance, Nano Electronics is now 42$ (it used to be in the 60-70$ range). And now you can get it at 99% off (!) through Noiiz:

https://www.samplephonics.com/products/ ... lectronics

With that kind of discount, I doubt the producer get much money, especially when the industry standard for shares is 50%. I also noticed that the artwork changed since the move to Noiiz have been made. The new artwork looks more amateurish. Not that it matters (it's the sound that matters), but it probably shows that the company cut in the design department to make it possible.

In any case, I'm not too excited about the recent shift in the sample industry from single packs sales to subscription. I have the impression that it will impoverish the producers, which in turn will affect the quality of the sample packs offered. That being said, the quality of the content so far is very good on Noiiz. I'm more worried on the long term effects of this.

Hey all, Dave here from Noiiz, thought I'd chime in to clarify a few things after stumbling across this thread.

All our early adopters can receive a download link to our sampler instruments, bar Dirty Modular which has a separate licensing mechanism. If you are an early adopter then drop us a line and we'll sort it out for you. Note, early adopters also have their price locked in for life. We're looking at ways in which we can provide a more integrated solution for sampler instruments on Noiiz and are aiming for this to become a part of the platform going forward.

Regarding paying our artists, our royalty % has actually increased from that offered at Samplephonics, which means that there cannot be a situation where Noiiz does well and our artists do not, as success is shared. It's not quite as simple as comparing the price of one product to the overall price/value proposition of Noiiz, the key metrics to look at our average customer spend and total number of customers - if multiplying these together results in a higher overall number, then that's generally a good thing and means both Noiiz and our artists do well.

We did have a few issues with out coupon system, sorry about that. Essentially the mechanism works and the discount is being applied but it was displaying the incorrect price during checkout. We're hoping to have a fix this coming week for that.

In terms of content quality, we actually think our unlimited subscription model will be better. If our calculations are correct, we'll be generating more revenue for the sampling industry, which will in turn mean more revenue is paid out to content creators, which in turn increases competition and quality. We also have plans for a new original content series, which we'll be investing heavily in and which we're intending to raise the bar even higher with.

One of the key metrics we need to make a subscription model work is retention and if we can't retain our customers, Noiiz would soon shrivel up into a little ball and disappear. To keep retention high, we need to provide consistent and regular value. We're very aware that if we don't continue to deliver, our early adopters and yearly subscribers won't bother renewing. So we're heavily investing in innovation and more and better content because we believe that is key to making this work. Some companies probably attribute a larger portion of expenditure to marketing and PR, but we know that that won't cut the mustard when it comes to how much real value our subscribers are getting, so we're heavily invested in improving the product and making more high quality content.

To clarify, on the 4th of July we'll be launching a new yearly subscription for $99 and unlimited downloads and a new monthly plan for $9.99 with 1GB of downloads. Both plans now get full use of all web app and plugin features.

I probably won't be able to check back for a week or so as we launch this coming week, but if you need any support or have any further questions feel free to email me at dave[at]noiiz[dot]co and I'll be happy to answer any more questions if you have them. Thanks for listening!

Has the promise not to price down from $199 disappear?

How are people liking the subscription service and the Noiz app? There appears to be a new push to get more subscribers at the $99 dollar point.

Since its release, Loopmasters has released an app that does not require a subscription.
------------------------------------------
Gribs

Looking at their new artwork, I think they fired their graphic designer. I miss the old high quality designs. :( Hopefully, the sounds are still high quality.

Gribs wrote:How are people liking the subscription service and the Noiz app? There appears to be a new push to get more subscribers at the $99 dollar point.

Since its release, Loopmasters has released an app that does not require a subscription.
It's an amazing system, and improving all the time. The sample searching is still easier to do via the website than the plugin, but its getting much better.

What loopmasters app are you referring to?

Loopcloud is the Loopmasters program.

Oh, well that's completely different to noiiz and has been around for ages.

m-ac wrote:
Gribs wrote:How are people liking the subscription service and the Noiz app? There appears to be a new push to get more subscribers at the $99 dollar point.

It's an amazing system, and improving all the time. The sample searching is still easier to do via the website than the plugin, but its getting much better.

What loopmasters app are you referring to?
Loopcloud as mentioned above. It is pretty decent. Noiz has not been around very long, either - maybe a year or so?

I am not a big fan of subscription services outside of my professional life as an optical engineer, but I am warming up to the idea for a few things. I have subscribed to Adobe Illustrator CC for hobby reasons for over a year and found it not too painful.

The thing I like about Loopcloud is that your samples are yours and do not go away if you stop subscribing. You don't have to store your entire library on your laptop or pick and choose what to have stored. It is a different business model.
Gribs

Gribs wrote:The thing I like about Loopcloud is that your samples are yours and do not go away if you stop subscribing. You don't have to store your entire library on your laptop or pick and choose what to have stored. It is a different business model.
Same thing with Noiiz. You can download the samples in wav format and can use them perpetually after stopping your subscription.

Guenon wrote:
Gribs wrote:The thing I like about Loopcloud is that your samples are yours and do not go away if you stop subscribing. You don't have to store your entire library on your laptop or pick and choose what to have stored. It is a different business model.
Same thing with Noiiz. You can download the samples in wav format and can use them perpetually after stopping your subscription.
Yes but you can't delete them from your computer and have them available in the cloud later unless you subscribe. Loopmasters is basically offering cloud storage of sample sets that you buy from them.
Gribs

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”