Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New

FL Studio Stuttering?

declanman123
KVRer

9 posts since 14 Oct, 2017

Postby declanman123; Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:56 pm FL Studio Stuttering?

Hi!

I am new here so take it easy on me... I'm honestly not sure if this is even the right place to put this...

I have been using FL for a couple years now for various projects and demos but nothing really professional. I just started getting into some more intense and lengthy projects, and upon playback, I get stutter.

On other projects that are shorter or not complete I get none of this. It isn't in any specific place, it almost seems like it's timed. I looked for some other threads on this and found similar ones but not exact ones to this.

In the other threads their CPU' s were going from 10% to 100% and that's why it was stuttering (turned out to be a plugin problem). But mine doesn't spike, it stays at 9-10%.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Declan
ATN69
KVRian

1425 posts since 5 Oct, 2015, from Swedish / Living in Hong Kong

Postby ATN69; Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:09 pm Re: FL Studio Stuttering?

Welcome to KVR!

This should be posted under ImageLine. They do have it's own forum corner here at KVR. It's hard to say why you have this issue because there could be many factors. I do recommend you to read this link,

https://www.image-line.com/support/FLHe ... derrun.htm

There are many tips on how to improving FL Studio performance and optimizing settings. It's a bit of boring reading but it helped me in the past. Check if you have underruns and try to increase the buffer size. It might have a negative impact on latency but it's a trade off. Also check your ASIO driver. There is one that comes with FL Studio but personally I use one from Focusrite since I have a Scarlet 2i2 interface from them.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 12
declanman123
KVRer

Postby declanman123; Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:16 pm Re: FL Studio Stuttering?

Great, thank you so much!

Sorry for my ignorance lol, should I delete this post?
ATN69
KVRian

1425 posts since 5 Oct, 2015, from Swedish / Living in Hong Kong

Postby ATN69; Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:17 pm Re: FL Studio Stuttering?

No need, I think admin will just move it if it's bothering someone ;) ..besides other people with FL Studio experience might chime in and have more suggestions.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 12
declanman123
KVRer

Postby declanman123; Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:18 pm Re: FL Studio Stuttering?

Great! Thanks again.
incubus
Banned

Postby incubus; Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:22 pm Re: FL Studio Stuttering?

However, if you'd like to lock your own thread, you can do so.

Simply hit "edit" on the original post, and below the text square there is an option to "lock" thread.
declanman123
KVRer

Postby declanman123; Sat Oct 21, 2017 10:01 pm Re: FL Studio Stuttering?

declanman123 wrote:Hi!

I am new here so take it easy on me... I'm honestly not sure if this is even the right place to put this...

I have been using FL for a couple years now for various projects and demos but nothing really professional. I just started getting into some more intense and lengthy projects, and upon playback, I get stutter.

On other projects that are shorter or not complete I get none of this. It isn't in any specific place, it almost seems like it's timed. I looked for some other threads on this and found similar ones but not exact ones to this.

In the other threads their CPU' s were going from 10% to 100% and that's why it was stuttering (turned out to be a plugin problem). But mine doesn't spike, it stays at 9-10%.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Declan

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Computer Setup and System Configuration