FB-3300

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
FB-3300

Sure, it seems like an impressive machine.
Still, if I had both, I would probably use the Oberheim most of the time, like 95% of the time.

And your daughter is right, of course :hihi:

Russell Grand wrote: I agree with this. It would also help shrink the size of the plug some, which would be fantastic since the thing stretches further than my screen so a chunk of it is cut off.
He suggested a different background with a gradient (at least it was what I understood - or maybe different colors for different sections, I don't know) - it wouldn't change the size of the GUI.

And it would certainly look strange, IMO. A solution which would show only one block, with a menu for selecting Block 1, 2 or 3 would be preferrable.

Anyway - I certainly prefer the current option, for nostalgic reasons.
Fernando (FMR)

fmr wrote:
Russell Grand wrote: I agree with this. It would also help shrink the size of the plug some, which would be fantastic since the thing stretches further than my screen so a chunk of it is cut off.
He suggested a different background with a gradient (at least it was what I understood - or maybe different colors for different sections, I don't know) - it wouldn't change the size of the GUI.

And it would certainly look strange, IMO. A solution which would show only one block, with a menu for selecting Block 1, 2 or 3 would be preferrable.

Anyway - I certainly prefer the current option, for nostalgic reasons.
Oops, I quoted the wrong person.
I meant to quote fluffy.
Since those three huge block sections seem identical and not GUI-wise linked (for instance via virtual cables), FB could have used 3 tabs and hidden two or at least one block, which would have shrunk the GUI considerably and left more space for making the rest bigger and easier to read.
Then again, FB plugins have never been easy to read, might have to do with the fonts chosen.
I understand that most of you don't have a problem with the GUI size, but I'm not one of those people. :hihi: So we can agree to disagree on changing the GUI size. I can still use it as it is, and I'm not complaining as it's free and it sounds fantastic. :D

Man the Soundtrack is the burner!!
Thank you also for the osx versions!!!
In Tracktion after paar seconds tracktion stürzt ab.

Hello, and THANK YOU for releasing this fantastic plugin !! I was hoping for Korg to release a software version of this legendary synth, but you did it.
However, I'm in 1366X768, and therefore cannot use that synth comfortably :( Do you think there's any way you could give us resolution options?
Thanks again, and bless you.

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

I found another freezing bug, but this one happens before any sound is played.
It's just that when it opens, so big & with all those controls...

Oh, never mind. I just verified ... it is my brain that is freezing

:hihi:

This synth is great, really fun to program!

Two questions:
What do the attack and release patch points in MG1 do?
Is there any chance we will get Aftertouch as a voltage source?

kohitsu wrote:This synth is great, really fun to program!
Thank you! :)
Two questions:
What do the attack and release patch points in MG1 do?
See manual page 7:
"The attack time can be externally controlled by a modulation source plugged into ATK
while a trigger signal from a source plugged into REL will put the EM into the release
phase (i.e. stop the envelope).
"
The placement of the two plugs is a bit strange, I know, but it is the same as on the original PS-3300. That's why I kept it. :shrug:
Good point, will see what I can do. As a workaround you could map Channel Aftertouch in your DAW to one of the MIDI CCs...

Cheers, Björn

Full Bucket wrote:
Good point, will see what I can do. As a workaround you could map Channel Aftertouch in your DAW to one of the MIDI CCs...

Cheers, Björn
Maybe is it also time for a humble request in making available also keyboard velocity as a (obviously, per key and not per channel) modulation source?

BTW, so many many thanks for this marvellous synth, Björn!

Cheers,
Cochrane

Cochrane wrote:Maybe is it also time for a humble request in making available also keyboard velocity as a (obviously, per key and not per channel) modulation source?
^^^^^^^this! i was looking for amp velocity mod on this and was kinda bummed it did not have it :cry:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Yeah, I know you guys want to have it! :wink: But I can get quite stubborn when it comes to adding features that the originals never had... I still feel bad about adding Velocity sensitivity to the Mono/Fury... :hihi:

Jokes aside: The problem with polyphonic modulation sources like Velocity and Poly Pressure is that the semi-modular part of the PS/FB-3X00 machines can only be patched with "mono" modulation sources that affect all voices at once. This is also true for the built-in modules (S/H, GEG, VP1+2): For example there is only one GEG for all voices, and if you patch it to a VCA it will control the volume of all voices, not individually per voice. That's the curse of Paraphony. :borg:

Anyway, I guess my next synth project will feature Velocity... maybe I leave out filters this time. Huh, already done that with the scrooo... :D

Cheers, Björn

Full Bucket wrote:Yeah, I know you guys want to have it! :wink: But I can get quite stubborn when it comes to adding features that the originals never had... I still feel bad about adding Velocity sensitivity to the Mono/Fury... :hihi:

Jokes aside: The problem with polyphonic modulation sources like Velocity and Poly Pressure is that the semi-modular part of the PS/FB-3X00 machines can only be patched with "mono" modulation sources that affect all voices at once. This is also true for the built-in modules (S/H, GEG, VP1+2): For example there is only one GEG for all voices, and if you patch it to a VCA it will control the volume of all voices, not individually per voice. That's the curse of Paraphony. :borg:

Anyway, I guess my next synth project will feature Velocity... maybe I leave out filters this time. Huh, already done that with the scrooo... :D

Cheers, Björn
hehe

no biggie, i just automate the mix slider on my daw when i want louder or quieter notes on the thing. :D
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Full Bucket wrote:Yeah, I know you guys want to have it! :wink: But I can get quite stubborn when it comes to adding features that the originals never had... I still feel bad about adding Velocity sensitivity to the Mono/Fury... :hihi:

Cheers, Björn
Im exited about your next synth. :o :) :hug:
EnergyXT3 - LMMS - FL Studio | Roland SH201 - Waldorf Rocket | SoundCloud - Bandcamp

Return to “Instruments”