Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DS Audio Thorn Thorn Pro Expansion (Thorn Presets)

sches wrote:Hello guys, unfortunately my website completely got down, I'm moving it right now to the new server, today it will get back online and I hope to never see 500 error.

Almost all issues posted here are already fixed, few more to go and tomorrow will release the first 1.01 update. Sorry for the issues and thank you for patience!
Thanks Dmitry. Looking forward to the update!

sches wrote:Hello guys, unfortunately my website completely got down, I'm moving it right now to the new server, today it will get back online and I hope to never see 500 error.

Almost all issues posted here are already fixed, few more to go and tomorrow will release the first 1.01 update. Sorry for the issues and thank you for patience!
Does that include the GUI?

Love the synth. Easy to great sounds.

Unfortunately I already had 4 crashes in Ableton with the demo.
I almost never get crashes so stability is still an issue.
Ableton 9.7 64bit, Windows 7 64 bit, 16 G ram, I7-4970K.

:tu:

Stefken wrote:Love the synth. Easy to great sounds.

Try update Live first, 9.7.4 is the current version.
Thorn quite stable here, except for one crash where I had the settings window open, then closed the GUI.
What were you doing when it crashed?

Ingonator wrote:and the next size is bigger than my Full HD display (1080p height). This makes the GUi scaling quite unusable for me.
Same for 1200px height. Can only use normal size.

Man it is terrible that his site is down. That has to hurt his sales some. Time to change hosts.

yeah, they'd be wearing my foot if it was my website.

sqigls wrote:
Stefken wrote:Love the synth. Easy to great sounds.

Try update Live first, 9.7.4 is the current version.
Thorn quite stable here, except for one crash where I had the settings window open, then closed the GUI.
What were you doing when it crashed?
I have Ableton 9.7.4 (standard) which is the latest version.
Hard to get a consistent picture of the crashes, but if I recall, in 2 of the 4 cases I was messing with a quite rapid sequence while the sequence played, either in Thorn's arpeggiator itself or in the Max random riff generator pro 2. Ableton did not just crash but the sound completely froze giving a "BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR" machine kinda sound. :o

I have had some occasional crashes in Ableton (not many) but never of the BRRRRR kind where things completely freeze up. :wink:

I use the VST 2 by the way (never bother to use VST3 as these always have issues).

As a feature request, please could you implement copy/pasting of envelope settings?

Cheers

Maybe it would help if you offered individual downloads for the various formats. It would reduce traffic to 1/5th or so :wink:

All Thorn except the Microtonic drums. Preset "Space Flute" for the lead.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Als_PtGo ... e=youtu.be

바보

Horrible clicks when navigate thru all those presets, those with reverb clicks horrible dude, this should be a must to have cause I need it to play live, thanks!

Return to “Instruments”