Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Fleer wrote:For me they’re day and night (Miro 1 compared to Miro 2).
Since you switched the expression around ... do you think Miroslav 1 sounds better?

Nice one. No, to the contrary. Miro 2 (full) is much better than Miro 1, but also much larger.

dzilizzi wrote:
Backsnack wrote:So because both the sales were so good, I decided to get both the Miroslav CE and the Kirk Hunter libraries. My wallet needs a break from this thread. :dog:

I fired up the presets and started playing with them. I think the Miroslav has a bit more depth and realism to it. The amount and variety of instruments make it sound a little closer to the real deal. The multi presets sound like a more traditional orchestra than the Kirk Hunter. The Kirk Hunter library really shines on the multi-intrument patches that blend choir and orchestra. The overall sound becomes more of an artistic flare or particular effect instead of full-on realism like the Miroslav. Though it seems the overall realism of the brass section is lacking on both ...

My wife is a trumpet player. I fired up the tumpet samples on both to see her opinions. Her responses went something like this:

Mirsolav CE:
"Sounds like an electronic version of a trumpet. Meh."

Kirk Hunter:
"That sounds nothing like a trumpet, LOL! You really think it sounds like a trumpet?"

Me: *shrug* "Pretty close, I guess?"
LOL! So since I have Miroslav 1, I'm guessing I probably don't need either. Thanks for saving me some money. :)
I don't know, not that I have an opinion on either, but, it's pretty easy for people to dismiss the accuracy of a sample, however, there's generally a lot of context surrounding the playing of that sample that it's hard to say how good the product is based on that kind of evaluation.

dzilizzi wrote:
Backsnack wrote:So because both the sales were so good, I decided to get both the Miroslav CE and the Kirk Hunter libraries. My wallet needs a break from this thread. :dog:

I fired up the presets and started playing with them. I think the Miroslav has a bit more depth and realism to it. The amount and variety of instruments make it sound a little closer to the real deal. The multi presets sound like a more traditional orchestra than the Kirk Hunter. The Kirk Hunter library really shines on the multi-intrument patches that blend choir and orchestra. The overall sound becomes more of an artistic flare or particular effect instead of full-on realism like the Miroslav. Though it seems the overall realism of the brass section is lacking on both ...

My wife is a trumpet player. I fired up the tumpet samples on both to see her opinions. Her responses went something like this:

Mirsolav CE:
"Sounds like an electronic version of a trumpet. Meh."

Kirk Hunter:
"That sounds nothing like a trumpet, LOL! You really think it sounds like a trumpet?"

Me: *shrug* "Pretty close, I guess?"
LOL! So since I have Miroslav 1, I'm guessing I probably don't need either. Thanks for saving me some money. :)
Well, both of these are my first orchestral sounds that I've ever purchased. I think they're good enough for what I'm doing for now. I'll have some fun with them.

The takeaway here is neither of these are worth their full asking price, IMO. For now I'm happy for the prices I paid.

I got Virtuoso Emsembles from Kirk Hunter and I'm really happy with my purchase. There's a lot of multi patches with many kind of variation of usable sounds. I'm surprised by the quality of the sounds considering the low memory it takes. The price is really a no-brainer at this price. Nothing to complain from my side.

Windy23451 wrote:I got Virtuoso Emsembles from Kirk Hunter and I'm really happy with my purchase. There's a lot of multi patches with many kind of variation of usable sounds. I'm surprised by the quality of the sounds considering the low memory it takes. The price is really a no-brainer at this price. Nothing to complain from my side.
Exactly. The multis are the standout feature for sure.

Fleer wrote:Nice one. No, to the contrary. Miro 2 (full) is much better than Miro 1, but also much larger.
I am not going to disagree with you on this. I'm just saying Miro 1 and Miro CE are probably comparable.

I have a bunch of inexpensive orchestras/parts, including Miro 1, Indiginus Solid State Symphony, a bunch of Sonnivox instruments, and a number of the Sonokinetic libraries. Not to mention Komplete 11U with all the instruments that go with it. So the Kirk Hunter virtuoso ensemble is one of those GAS-y things I don't really need. Even if it looks really cool. :borg: :help:

Windy23451 wrote:I got Virtuoso Emsembles from Kirk Hunter and I'm really happy with my purchase. There's a lot of multi patches with many kind of variation of usable sounds. I'm surprised by the quality of the sounds considering the low memory it takes. The price is really a no-brainer at this price. Nothing to complain from my side.
Don't say these things!!!! LOL! I'm trying not to buy it...... :lol:

Ghettosynth, not so much dismissing the sounds. I don't expect perfect at that price. I just have a lot of similar stuff that would probably give me the same results. The low memory makes it tempting, as some of the others are not so low. Other than the choir, what I've heard on the demos reminds me of Solid State Symphony, which you can set to play parts or a whole orchestra with your keyboard. You hit a note that an instrument plays and you hear it. So the flutes and violins would play on a high c. A low c would probably get you a bass, a tuba, and some kettle drums..... I don't use it much.

dzilizzi wrote:
Fleer wrote:Nice one. No, to the contrary. Miro 2 (full) is much better than Miro 1, but also much larger.
I am not going to disagree with you on this. I'm just saying Miro 1 and Miro CE are probably comparable.

I have a bunch of inexpensive orchestras/parts, including Miro 1, Indiginus Solid State Symphony, a bunch of Sonnivox instruments, and a number of the Sonokinetic libraries. Not to mention Komplete 11U with all the instruments that go with it. So the Kirk Hunter virtuoso ensemble is one of those GAS-y things I don't really need. Even if it looks really cool. :borg: :help:
How do you like the Symphony Essentials in KU? Do you think Mirsolav full is comparable or better? The demo sounds on their page are pretty impressive, but I always take manufacturer demos with a grain of salt because I have no idea what processing/effects have been applied after the fact.

I didn't know until recently that there was a higher tier Symphony Series. $1,000 for the full version of that is pretty pricey!

dzilizzi wrote:
Well, the more I play with it and the more I love it. There’s a lot you can do with it. If you don’t buy it, it’s fine.. Your loss, my gain :D

Windy23451 wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:
Well, the more I play with it and the more I love it. There’s a lot you can do with it. If you don’t buy it, it’s fine.. Your loss, my gain :D
Actually, I'd say "his monetary gain" over both of us would be more accurate. :tu:

Backsnack wrote:
dzilizzi wrote:

How do you like the Symphony Essentials in KU? Do you think Mirsolav full is comparable or better? The demo sounds on their page are pretty impressive, but I always take manufacturer demos with a grain of salt because I have no idea what processing/effects have been applied after the fact.

I didn't know until recently that there was a higher tier Symphony Series. $1,000 for the full version of that is pretty pricey!
I actually haven't had time to play with it since I got it. LOL! I buy these things on sale and forget I've got them. Really, I upgraded for the pianos, totally forgot about the symphony essentials.

wow that kuassa vermillion sounds really good for less than $10. Def nab if you're into amp sims. :tu:

systmu wrote:wow that kuassa vermillion sounds really good for less than $10. Def nab if you're into amp sims. :tu:
+1. Total no-brainer. Incredibly easy to use and sounds great! I've been playing with it and Destructor in parallel, with the Kuassa effects in front, and getting some sounds that really wind my clock.

struggling with myself now

"it's only ten bucks"
"no! you've had enough ampsims!"
"but..."
"you just bought amplitube!"

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”