Ozone 8 & Neutron 2 announced for October 2017

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Neutron 3 Standard Ozone 8 Standard

Fun fact: After running two tracks, already mixed to death, through Master Assistant, they were accepted by first label I send them to.

It works! :clap: :party:
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote:Fun fact: After running two tracks, already mixed to death, through Master Assistant, they were accepted by first label I send them to.

It works! :clap: :party:
Congratulations! :tu:

dangayle wrote:Just got an email from iZotope, thought I’d share:

“To clarify, if you already own Music Production Bundle 2 and RX 6, there’s no need for you to upgrade to Music Production Suite. You would benefit most from purchasing the “O8N2 Bundle: Loyalty Crossgrade from Music Production Bundle 2” for $199. You will qualify for any future upgrade options simply by virtue of owning all of the components of the Music Production Suite. You don’t have to actually own a suite license to qualify.”
Thanks for that info, good to know. One wonders why they just didn't offer the MPB2 upgrade to these customers at $199 and be done with it, but there we go.
http://www.guyrowland.co.uk
http://www.sound-on-screen.com
W10, i7 7820X, 64gb RAM, RME Babyface, 1050ti, PT 2023 Ultimate, Cubase Pro 13
Macbook Air M2 OSX 10.15

Upgraded tonight. O8N2 option.

JJR Shop is still doing the discount and it's tax free for UK buyers!?! As mentioned earlier, possibly different forum, change the already applied code to 'Group' for a bigger %! However, paypals exchange from £-$ means it only works out £13 cheaper than direct from iZotope with the extra 20% off, £121 + tax £24... £145 all in. So i went direct instead, don't mind paying that bit extra in tax. UK receipt easier for the books, less email hassle over activation or things going wrong.

Lots to love. A few things look a bit rushed in the GUI and i can't say i'll ever use visual mixer. Tonal balance showed me instantly that i needed to turn the tweeters up on my monitors. The integration between the 2 works extremely well.

So glad they added the O8N2 option but I still think it should of been no more that £100.
Click for music links... Eurotrash!
MSI z390, i7 9700k OC, Noctua Cooling, NVMe 970 Pro, 64GB 3200C16, BeQuiet PSU, W10, Cubase 13, Avenger, Spire, Nexus, iZotope, Virus TI (INTERGRATED).

mitchiemasha wrote:So glad they added the O8N2 option but I still think it should of been no more that £100.
Yep, that would have been a price I am willing to pay. We'll see if there there will be any specials in the future to make me buy. But I guess I'll be waiting for O9N3.
WIN10 / FL Studio 12.4
Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40 GHz / 12 GB DDR3 RAM / AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz / 2 GB RAM / 28" 4k screen

I don't know how to get matching EQ curve from reference track within Ozone :shrug: .

Does Izotope even have forum to ask such question?
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

As far as I remember you need to use Tonal Balance Control, which is a separate VST communicating with Ozone and Neutron.
WIN10 / FL Studio 12.4
Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40 GHz / 12 GB DDR3 RAM / AMD Radeon HD 7770 GHz / 2 GB RAM / 28" 4k screen

So apart from Izotope´s greedy pricing strategy, is the verdict that O8 / N2 is a worthy upgrade, i.e... can one achieve more consistent-sounding tracks quicker with the tonal balance control, has the O8-limiter been improved...

... and are the "intelligent" functions useful for "weird electronic stuff" too, or largely optimized for "drums / guitar / bass vocals / piano"?

[... asking because I reckon that *if* I upgrade, I´ll do it now, as I don´t think they´ll go below the intro price in the near future...]

I actually do „weird electronic stuff“ and am very satisfied with O8N2 because it frees me from (for me) boring tasks in mixing and mastering (and it sounds better than my efforts in a fracture of time).

martinjuenke wrote:I actually do „weird electronic stuff“ and am very satisfied with O8N2 because it frees me from (for me) boring tasks in mixing and mastering (and it sounds better than my efforts in a fracture of time).
Good to hear... did you upgrade from a previous Ozone or Neutron version, though, and perceive a notable difference?

IMO biggest advantage of N2 is to be able to set and keep Neutrino style prior using Track Assistant. Apart from that I didn't see/hear big differences in Track Assistant results (but there are a few small, I tested one on one comparing sound and settings).

O8 of course offers the new Assistant which might be great for some people - for me it does not save as much time as Neutron does.
WIN10 / FL Studio 12.4

I especially like that assistant in Ozone and the Tonal Balance visualization...
Upgraded from Music Production 2 andd was a bit pissed off that they reduced the upgrade price days after I purchased (RX6 is not that essential for me), but all in all I‘m really satisfied because I have now a one-stop-solution for everything to be done after the creative phase...

To make sure everybody following this topic won't make decisions on false statements done by me:

I just rewrote parts of my initial Post because it was blaming Izotope for something they are not involved in at all.
Warehouseparty wrote:Edit: I stated this before: "Which showed no improvement on latency issues when sidechaining from an external source in FL Studio BTW." That's still true but not Izotopes failure. FL f**ks it up - even with native plugins. Never noticed this before, because before Neutron there haven't been THAT massive latencies on my channels. But I don't mind them in mixing process. So sorry Izotope for blaming you instead of IL. :ud:
WIN10 / FL Studio 12.4

epiphaneia wrote: ... and are the "intelligent" functions useful for "weird electronic stuff" too, or largely optimized for "drums / guitar / bass vocals / piano"?
Not sure if they are optimized for anything in particular. To me it looks bizarre to demonstrate Ozone for "mastering" trivial tracks, like rap vocals with simple beat. Come on, this is 3-minutes work and some professionals have been doing for 20 years of their life.
Try it on some weird psy pushed to 5 LUFS or modular arrangements to check if it actually can help with something that is not easy to do by ear.

Unfortunately there is a nasty bug in Neutron 2 Advanced (so probably in Neutron 2 as well). The Neutrino module is the culprit: in some situations it does radical things where it shouldn’t.
I’ve compared the results to Neutrino stand alone and Neutrino in Neutron 1.01.3: non of the latter give these (buggy) results, just the one in Neutron Advanced 2. I’ve written Izotope about it and they've confirmed the issue on December the 13th.

What I did:
- I played a kick from xFer’s Nerve. It played the same kick each consecutive time.
- I processed with Neutron 2 Advanced.
- I heard that where 2 kicks were played “faster” after each other the first kick got a far louder attack than the second.
- I bypassed Neutron and double checked that Nerve was playing the same kick each time. I did this by phase aligning several bounced kicks and reverse the phase of 1 of a pair, to make sure no difference in audio could be heard. Outcome: all kicks were exactly the same.
- I then set Neutron Advanced 2 back on, yet bypassed all individual modules. The equalizer, exciter and first compressor that were “on” before, were now bypassed. The Neutrino part of Neutron was still set to “Drums/ Percussion”, detail 50, amount 50.
- Although all main elements of Neutron 2 were bypassed the difference in sound between the kicks came back.
- I then set the Neutrino setting to “clean”
- The difference between kicks went away.
- Since the Neutrino effect (when set to percussion, amount 50, detail 50) was far out of the “expected” range I compared it to the same Neutrino setting in Neutron 1.01.3 (and later Neutrino standalone as well): this setting did not introduce the unexpected difference between the bounced kicks.

I’ve tried out some other Neutrino settings in Neutron Advanced 2 and except for the “clean” setting they all seem to behave unexpectedly severe when one sound (in my case a kick) is played twice in a row "fastish" (even with settings “amount 0 and detail 0”). Again: Neutrino standalone and Neutrino in Neutron 1 don't have this problem.

This bug is pretty nasty cause it makes the Neutrino module in Neutron 2 Advanced unusable often. Since a Neutrino setting is part of the suggestions of the track assistant it makes your workflow less fast too. Also: when the buggy outcome gives a result that is likeable, then that will give a problem again when Izotope has addressed the issue since your productions will sound different after a bug fix.

Cheers,
M.

Return to “Effects”