what strange things do each of the major daws miss that others have?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The monitoring system in Cubase is a spanner in the works to me.

If I use S1, Sonar, Samplitude, Reaper and I'm sure a few others I know I can monitor a track input even when something else is playing on the same track. I don't have to fight the record only / tapemachine style thing.
Drives me nuts as it breaks my flow all the time I have to check and change monitoring style.
I guess it makes sense if, for example, you are micing up an amp and then recording into Cubase. You can still hear the sound source through the direct monitoring or studio console.
But.
If you're using virtual guitar amps, for example, your signal will be switched off whenever you start playback and then you have to go click the speaker button and that will mute the material that's already been recorded on that track.
It's very convenient to be able to hear the track content along with an uninterrupted signal input because it takes way less clicks to, for example, rehearse a new section of an arrangement.
Or to let a singer hear a mix of their voice along with what they already sang to match timing and interpretation in the run up to a punch it.
All those "flow" things that are hopelessly slowed down / interrupted by Cubase's antiquated monitoring system. Bit of a pet peeve of mine :)
He tried to play bass.
www.jordanbrown.co.uk

My peeve with Logic is the difficulty in using multiple MIDI in’s and outs.

pekbro wrote:Image
Some insecticide should clear that right up. :hihi:
A well-behaved signature.

Its true, most don't know how to use the Fl Dance plugin properly.
However, under the right circumstances, say you're working a party...
You're trying to explain exactly what is that you're doing on the computer,
to some hot babe (who's had a few drinks). Loading up FL Dance
at that time, can get you laid, probably... 8x out of 10.

It's all good, I was just messing around. :)
A well-behaved signature.

major chords for major daws
minor chords for minor daws
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”