UVI Falcon, not a great sampler ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

delete
Last edited by maximoog on Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

delete
Last edited by maximoog on Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

dangayle wrote:
EvilDragon wrote: At one point I asked Olivier from UVI how do they make their own libraries, and he said they edit and loop all the samples in a dedicated tool, not within Falcon, then they just drop the samples in and (auto)map them. So there you have it from the horse's mouth...
That’s interesting, I always just kinda wondered if the touted UVI engine was just Falcon with a different name. Man, what I would give for a great, modern sample creating/editing software with a great big useable gui and all the goodies like autosampling, round robins, auto crossovers for loops, etc. Redmatica had all that until Apple bought them and stuffed a fraction of the capability into Mainstage.
HALion can sample since version 6, including Autosampling and Autolooping. Tools for the PC similar to Autosampler are Soundlib Samplit or Samplerobot. Then there is still Waverobotfor create loops only. Interesting is also the ImageLine Direct Wave Sampler, which can also load VST instruments and directly sampling them. I use to sample the HALion 6, create the loops, then export the sampels as a WAV file and then load them into Falcon.

could you say that again, just one more time?

:lol:
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

acYm wrote:
EvilDragon wrote:
acYm wrote:about falcon though, am I nuts or are there no modmaps in this thing?
They do exist.
that's note mapping for modulations, it seems? I'm talking about Alchemy and Kontakt style modmaps.
No, that is EXACTLY the same thing as Kontakt modmaps.

whyterabbyt wrote:could you say that again, just one more time?

:lol:
Sorry, the forum has made problems ;-) .

A delete function would not be bad.

Here are the minimum system requirements
• Intel CPU
• 2GB o fRAM+
• 1 GB of Disk Space
• MAC OS X 10.7+

I got Mac OS 10.12, Intel CPU 2,2 Ghz Quad Core, 16 Gb of Ram, 512 SSD, and I still got this laggy playback marker. I do not think this is caused by my configuration.

And also, when I am working on samples, even shorts one, and with a 1 or 2 % of CPU usage that UVI indicates on the bottom of the Falcon Window, I stil got that Laggy playback marker…

I asked UVI about that, waiting for an answer. I don’t think this is a good optimisation for a software. I will try Halion 6 just to have a look.

otristan wrote:Try OpenGL rendering for smoother UI especially if you use a retina display.
That doesn't seem to help with smoothness of sample playback marker at all, at least on Windows.

Next version will have the refresh rate version lowered from 100 to 20 ms
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

otristan wrote:Next version will feature a Zoom to start/end/loop start/loop end in the wave editor right click menu.

Try OpenGL rendering for smoother UI especially if you use a retina display.
I tried open GL rendering, no changes...

otristan wrote:Next version will have the refresh rate version lowered from 100 to 20 ms
What does that mean ?

billzero wrote:
otristan wrote:Next version will have the refresh rate version lowered from 100 to 20 ms
What does that mean ?
That instead of refreshing the sample playback position every 100 milliseconds like it is currently the case, it will be lowered down to 20 milliseconds
Olivier Tristan
Developer - UVI Team
http://www.uvi.net

otristan wrote:
billzero wrote:
What does that mean ?
That instead of refreshing the sample playback position every 100 milliseconds like it is currently the case, it will be lowered down to 20 milliseconds
So would the playback marker be less laggy ?

Yes, 5 times less laggy, as simple math shows. :)

And could you tell me when that new version might arrive ? Days, weeks, months ?

Return to “Instruments”