Which one of the three Valhalla reverbs is right for me, if I'm doing this kind of music..?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am wondering what Valhalla reverb is right for me?
There are three: Plate, Vintage and Room.

I mainly doing Cinemtaic/Orchestral music...

Probably Room, but really you can't go wrong with any of them. Or all of them. :)

Bansaw wrote:I am wondering what Valhalla reverb is right for me?
There are three: Plate, Vintage and Room.

I mainly doing Cinemtaic/Orchestral music...
Yes, they're all good... but demo them and listen :)

Vintage, because it doesn't just do vintage.

None of them, there are better verbs out there. Do yourself a favour!

sfxsound3 wrote:None of them, there are better verbs out there. Do yourself a favour!
For the price, what can compete?

I love Valhalla verbs. Main ones I use. But they wouldn't be my first choice for Cinematic or Orchestra tracks.

I would go with a convolution verb. In fact, you can probably do this for free if you know where to look.

My favorite collection of IRs (Impulse Responses) is free
http://www.samplicity.com/bricasti-m7-i ... responses/

And there are lots of quality IR loaders for free. I use the Reaper one sometimes. Reaverb. I also use Melda's (not free) if I am wanting to get more complex.

If you are set on a Valhalla verb for other reasons, I can get a very natural room sound out of either Vintage or Room.

Vintageverb.
It's my favorite of the Valhallas too! :tu:

Bansaw wrote:
sfxsound3 wrote:None of them, there are better verbs out there. Do yourself a favour!
If you buy all 4 (Room, Vintage, Plate and Shimmer) you're looking at $200. For another $50 you could get 2C Audio Aether or B2, for instance, or one of the Lexicon bundles. (No idea how good they are, though! But I've heard good reports.).

Googly Smythe wrote:
Bansaw wrote:
If you buy all 4 (Room, Vintage, Plate and Shimmer) you're looking at $200. For another $50 you could get 2C Audio Aether or B2, for instance, or one of the Lexicon bundles. (No idea how good they are, though! But I've heard good reports.).
No-one's going to buy all four though! I just want to buy one, = $50.

Bansaw wrote: No-one's going to buy all four though!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Googly Smythe wrote:
Bansaw wrote:

talking against valhalladsp is against the unwritten kvr rules

Bansaw wrote:
Googly Smythe wrote:
Bansaw wrote:
No-one's going to buy all four though! I just want to buy one, = $50.
If you're suffering from GAS you could do worse than buying another Valhalla reverb!

ValhallaRoom has traditionally been more popular with film composers (to be fair, a lot of them use ValhallaShimmer as well), but I think this might be due to the earlier release of ValhallaRoom compared to VintageVerb. Personally, I would recommend trying the demo of both Room and VintageVerb, and pay special attention to the "Smooth" and "Chaotic" algorithms in VintageVerb. The Smooth & Chaotic algorithms have an openness that works well for orchestral sounds.

Valhalla room is always to me much cleaner sounding and VV has more overall use. Plate does plates extremely well and I have yet to buy shimmer though I will at some point. I also use Reverberate2 and Reverb4 as they are excellent choices in own right. But as far as Room goes sometimes you want cleaner due to patch being applied to.

Return to “Effects”