Plug'n Script V3 [Now 3.1] released - with VST, VST3, AU Export and new GUI

DSP, Plugin and Host development discussion.
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Plug'n Script

Avast is indeed famous for this particular false positive. However we understand the fear of viruses and it is a usually good idea to be very cautious. Virustotal is usually a good way to find out if the warning is legitimate or not and we often check our own binaries with it.

By the way the source code for the multi gain binary is available here (the source code for all included scripts is available). As you can see there is not much in there...

Congratulations with the release, Guillaume! It looks really nice. Regarding the false positives, these are very common nowadays when so many anti-virus companies use heuristic approaches and I don't think you can avoid it when releasing new software.

Best,
Stian

stian wrote:Congratulations with the release, Guillaume! It looks really nice. Regarding the false positives, these are very common nowadays when so many anti-virus companies use heuristic approaches and I don't think you can avoid it when releasing new software.
Exactly my thought. It sometimes happens because people often uncompress a lot of data at the beginning of the code, i.e. demo-sceners.

stian wrote:Congratulations with the release, Guillaume! It looks really nice.
Thanks!
Regarding the false positives, these are very common nowadays when so many anti-virus companies use heuristic approaches and I don't think you can avoid it when releasing new software.
Indeed, and it gets even worse nowadays with the new "Internet protection" add-ons that seem to only rely on the number of downloads of a binary...

Plug'n Script V3, is amazing!! :hail: :harp:
SLH - Yes, I am a woman, deal with it.

Vertion wrote:Plug'n Script V3, is amazing!! :hail: :harp:
Thanks! :tu:

this looks amazing.
but is it developer oriented in the sense of "a tool for easy prototyping" or can we export and sell the plugin? :hyper:

You can indeed sell the exported plug-in if you wish.

Hello there!

Soundbytes has published an updated review of Plug'n Script V3, which includes a free (quite advanced) metronome VST plug-in with its source code. It's worth checking out!

We are happy to announce the update of Plug'n Script to version 3.1!

The new version is now available as a standalone application, in addition to usual plug-ins formats, and you can now export your plug-ins as VST2, VST3 or Audio Unit plug-ins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1hHvHHL0js

Enjoy!

Nice!

Return to “DSP and Plugin Development”