Using MDrumer to create unique loops

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I purchasd MDrummer a while ago, because it is very powerful and versatile. My main interest is in creating a large array of drum grooves and fills, primarily for rock songs, but also many other styles. I want to avoid buying endless midi packs. And MDrummer seems great for this.
However, the "base rhythm"/ rhythm-creator thingy is confusing (to me). It seems that a many times,depending on what kit I have chosen, MDrummer creates loops whose midi patterns are outside of the range of the kit. For example, if I load the Djembe (or most of the "world kits")... I get silence. And there's no easy way to transpose the pattern to get a sound.
Hard for me to explain. Let me say this: Suppose the currently loaded kit only has elements that play on midi notes c1, c2, and c3 (just picking arbitrary stuff here) - most stuff that is created mostly has notes that play outside of this range. Or just a few notes within this range. So I get a bunch of patterns that yield only silence (playing midi notes that have no sounds assigned to them). Is there something I'm missing that can let me avoid this situation?

If this is confusing, please respond anyway... I think that somebody will eventually get what I mean. And somebody who can relate will steer me the right way hopefully, or make a good suggestion.

please can you write all of the above in short

if you want to drag and drop samples
convert mdrummer to pad mode from the main screen right hand corner
and the loudness is determined from left to right of the pad

if the stock presets are not loading then it might be the issue of the mdrummers data file
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

I think what you're missing is that Rhythms (MIDI) and the actual drums are two different things which are not automatically connected.
Try this:
To keep it simple start with these three blank canvases:
1/ Drumset Editor/ Drumset Toolbar/Load/Root..then in the panel on right choose 'empty'...no drums are loaded.
2/ Rhythm Editor/ Edit/Advanced/Clear....no Rhythm (a collection of midi loops and settings) is loaded.
3/ Rhythm Editor/ Loop Editor/ right click in the Tracks panel on the left/ Clear Tracks...so at this point we haven't even decided what drums we want to send MIDI to.

Let's create a loop that we want to send to a tambourine.
Loop Editor/ Right click Track panel/ insert track/choose Tambourine 1 (it's under 'shakers', don't worry about that, it's a category).

Compose a loop with your mouse.
Hit play...you won't hear anything because no drums are loaded yet.
Go to Drumset Editor/Drumlist/then the add button top left...add your Drumtype (Tambourine 1)....then in the Layer Source panel choose a sample.
Now hit play in the Rhythm Editor..you'll hear the tambourine. You have created a LOOP (pattern) which sits on a Tambourine 1 TRACK which points to a Tambourine 1 COMPONENT. Note that the COMPONENT is more than just the sample. If you save the component it includes all it's settings (parameters, layers, FX, etc).

Try this and report back.

Thanks for replies :tu: I have to go out now...will try to test later today. But it sounds like you have a solution. I'm going to print out your suggestions and follow the steps you laid out.
Again, thanks guys... much appreciated!

Return to “MeldaProduction”