Anyobody use maschine? NI gets $50 Million Investment

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

From what I read they seem to aim at a different field completely... Hiring former CEO of Beatport? New music distribution platform? There's space for that.

beatmangler443 wrote:""In addition, Native Instruments will continue to improve upon several of its existing products aimed at innovating around the DJ-producer experience, including the popular DJing software Traktor and the Stems technology, which breaks tracks into its component parts for live remixing."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/busin ... h-partners"
Sounds like they'll be ignoring all the other products...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:
beatmangler443 wrote:""In addition, Native Instruments will continue to improve upon several of its existing products aimed at innovating around the DJ-producer experience, including the popular DJing software Traktor and the Stems technology, which breaks tracks into its component parts for live remixing."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/busin ... h-partners"
Sounds like they'll be ignoring all the other products...
So far maschine development is going pretty good.

I think they are going to build a platform like Pandora for unknown talent. I'd imagine their products would allow integration and collaboration with that platform. I think that would be wildly popular.

rlared wrote:I think they are going to build a platform like Pandora for unknown talent. I'd imagine their products would allow integration and collaboration with that platform. I think that would be wildly popular.
Man I didn't think of that. That might be huge.

Yeah it would disrupt the whole industry

generaldiomedes wrote:Massive 2.0 ???
I wish.
Being said my Hope in Massive, FM8, or Absynth being significantly updated has dwindled...
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

ya, pretty much everything there supports my suspicion that they're going to push STEMs with renewed vigor. this time perhaps trying to widen the appeal beyond DJ/producers and try and to use STEMs to reel in complete noobs ... get noobs playing with the 'loops' from there favourite tracks ... key matched, tempo matched, practically impossible to go wrong remixing/music making ... they'll maybe create some new incredibly simple (by comparison to traktor) app, for mobile and desktop, that can work with STEMs and is integrated into the market place. (for the purposes of snaring that noob market anyway).

talks of an 'ecosystem' are disconcerting, I'm hoping that's in reference to their STEM ambitions and not some god awful 'microtransactions' equivalent ... i.e building in marketplaces to the likes of Reaktor and having you buy components, piecemeal.

anyway.

I took some snippets from the article that support what I'm thinking about STEMs:
the overwhelming focus on democratization in the music industry remains on distribution and marketing, rather than on the creative process itself.

“We believe music creation products and services should be integrated in a more appealing, intuitive and cohesive way,” Mate Galic, CTO and President of Native Instruments, said in a statement. “We foresee an easily accessible music creation ecosystem that connects user centric design, with powerful technology and data, to further enable the music creators of today, and welcome the new creators of tomorrow.”

To help realize this vision, Native Instruments will be focused on recruiting tech talent in Berlin, Los Angeles and London in the coming year. The company has made a handful of key hires in Berlin and Los Angeles over the last 12 months -- including the acquisition of remix monetization startup MetaPop, whose former CEO Matthew Adell now serves as Native Instruments' chief digital officer. In addition, Native Instruments will continue to improve upon several of its existing products aimed at innovating around the DJ-producer experience, including the popular DJing software Traktor and the Stems technology, which breaks tracks into its component parts for live remixing.

“Today we’re seeing demand from increasingly diverse market segments, which opens enormous potential for growth. With EMH Partners we have a strong partner at our side to exploit this potential.”

beatmangler443 wrote: I'd say the same for Presonus, Propellerhead also.
I don't know about Presonus, but Propellerhead's infusion was from a venture capital group that doesn't have 100% ownership. A private equity firm generally moves to 100% ownership and controls everything.

Not sure what Native Instruments plans are, but a private equity firm taking control of the company can either be a good thing or a horrible thing.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite | Reason 12 | i7 3770 @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro| Akai MPC Live II & Akai Force | Roland System 8 | Roland TR-8 with 7x7 Expansion | Roland TB-3 | Roland MX-1 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

EnochLight wrote:
beatmangler443 wrote: I'd say the same for Presonus, Propellerhead also.
I don't know about Presonus, but Propellerhead's infusion was from a venture capital group that doesn't have 100% ownership. A private equity firm generally moves to 100% ownership and controls everything.

Not sure what Native Instruments plans are, but a private equity firm taking control of the company can either be a good thing or a horrible thing.
Good points. It says the original founds of NI remain majority shareholders as the privaty equity firm get a minority stake in the company. We shall see how this works.

Finally they'll intergrate Snapchat in all their products.
Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function | http://soundcloud.com/bmoorebeats

Touch The Universe wrote:I thought they already had a subscription service - Komplete - that comes around every year. I always thought they were smart not to call it a subscription.
It is not called a subscription, because it isn't one... in a subscription model, you would be forced to upgrade to the latest Komplete... which you are not. You can keep using the old one.

If you guys do a bit of reading and look up metapop it has something to do with that maybe?

pdxindy wrote:
Touch The Universe wrote:I thought they already had a subscription service - Komplete - that comes around every year. I always thought they were smart not to call it a subscription.
It is not called a subscription, because it isn't one... in a subscription model, you would be forced to upgrade to the latest Komplete... which you are not. You can keep using the old one.
Ahh... but in one way it is a bit like a subscription.

For example - I was using an old installation of Komplete 6 until recently. After got a new computer I couldn't install it any longer because the installers didn't support newer operating systems. Lots of products that I normally use hadn't been updated, such as Massive and Reaktor.

I had to upgrade to the latest version to be able to install products that I already owned and hadn't been updated. Sure - I got lots of new stuff, but that was stuff I wasn't interested in and NI didn't want to give me separate installers.

Maybe it's different now with Native Access - but that's why I had to update.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

"Music software and hardware manufacturer Native Instruments has announced that it is receiving a €50 million investment from private equity firm EMH Partners."

Where did they announced that ?

Also... "For more information visit https://www.native-instruments.com/en/" ...I don't see anything on their website ...???

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”