3-4 Prediction who is going int he right direction?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's almost 2018. What companies do you feel are going in the right direction? Who do you feel is not, and why? Could be any company.
-Logix X
-FL Studio
-Studio One
-Reaper
-Sonar
-Maschine (sequencer)
-Pro Tools
-Cubase
etc...

next FL Studio version gonna get:

- multi-time signature
- multi-arrangement in PlayList editor
- AI based ghost composer "machine-learning based chord, melody generator (similar to Riff Machine, but much easier to use), more when we release it in a FL Studio 20 beta." - http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.p ... 0#p1245350
- APDC fix
- Freezing
- some new mixer insert slot
+ Mac

and dunno what else :tu: for me
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

there isn't a right direction, there are many users with different needs.

But from a business model and market share I think Protools is making the worst choices and its declining.

All companies in 1 year update cycles are not very attractive for me also, I feel they milk their users way too much without any significant additions: Reason and Cubase are the main offenders.

Logic, Live, FL Studio and Studio one are ones I feel have the better business.
dedication to flying

have to see what Magix does with it's acquisitions,that could go either way
:shrug:
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Not forgetting its relatively new procedural resizable touch friendly GUI

xbitz wrote:next FL Studio version gonna get:

- multi-time signature
- AI based ghost composer "machine-learning based chord, melody generator (similar to Riff Machine, but much easier to use), more when we release it in a FL Studio 20 beta." - http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.p ... 0#p1245350
- APDC fix
- Freezing
+ Mac

Amazon: why not use an alternative

I think ProTools is brilliant in the collaboration area.
Just define certain tracks as shared - and these are exchanged over cloud.

Looking ahead I think that would satisfy a trend - getting individual tracks done by professionals you hire.
It will also open up for any good musician do a lot of work without travelling all over.

Maybe for us DIY not as important - but for lower production costs for studios and not only rely on local musicians that thinking is brilliant.

To stay current on PT the fee of $99 annually is also more than decent.

And PT First would satisfy education area at low cost while student.

McDonalds. Their new burgers are delicious.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Haven't ate a Maccas since I got diabetes a couple of years ago, but if I ever went back on the promise I made to myself, I'd get a BK double whopper with cheese or consider a Carl's jr double colon buster.

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Not forgetting its relatively new procedural resizable touch friendly GUI

xbitz wrote:next FL Studio version gonna get:

- multi-time signature
- APDC fix
- Freezing
+ Mac

most important was the third-party Adobe Black skin hack
it extracted the fruity factor from FL Studio http://forum.image-line.com/viewtopic.p ... 9#p1250869 :clap:
"Where we're workarounding, we don't NEED features." - powermat

Anyone going to a scalable GUI has my approval. Anyone going to a configurable interface also. There are too many resolutions out there for fixed font sizes and way too many features to just squeeze them onto the screen Studio One-style. And aging eyes...

In terms of capabilities, they're all headed in the right direction. Well, sort of. If you're an EDM fan. The new challenge seems to be harnessing all the stuff, or keeping it out of the way for those that don't need it. Reaper could be the best at this, but it takes so much time and effort to customize.

To me they're all progressing feature-wise, just not necessarily all where I'd like them to go. My one backslide would be Bitwig because of the 2.x interface. It looks nice, but is about half as efficient as the old one when you get to editing. Probably making the best progress on the interface front are Cubase and FL Studio. Okay, Mulab as well, though it needs workflow improvements.

Actually, I hate that Mac-like top menu Cubase added to the PC version. Sigh.

for me, Steinberg in the wrong direction making the download for Cubase 9 so large with a whole lot of content I won't even install. No problem, everyone caters to EDM and prefab people today but I don't think I like to be forced to download all that.

True enough. More is not always necessarily better. Took a look at Cubase 3 the other day. Liked it. Sigh.

jancivil wrote:for me, Steinberg in the wrong direction making the download for Cubase 9 so large with a whole lot of content I won't even install. No problem, everyone caters to EDM and prefab people today but I don't think I like to be forced to download all that.
Agree - smart installers like Waves, Cakewalk, XLNAudio, Toontrack has is the way to go.

You see what you have in products and what is up to date - and no sweat updates...

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”