SKnote release Disto-S - A Distressor, fast and effective.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Oh, I'm way beyond the 2014 "incident"...

My main focus is on the "now" - and yes, developers need to be called out for their shenanigans. Open discussions should be possible, not only one-sided opinions
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Mr. Wisacre Compyfox,

You don't seem to have much in the way of jobs these days, since you can find the time to post these interminable, selfrighteous rants. But please do everyone a good turn and just shut the f-ck up!

/Joachim
If it were easy, anybody could do it!

jbarish wrote:
elassi wrote:
Compyfox wrote:I asked several valid questions to the developer (a lot of them being ignored still)
Without wanting to be involved, hell no, let me ask you a question though: Don't you think that he doesn't want to communicate with you at all since you're ranting within every post? I mean, what do you expect? Kicking him in the as* and at the same time demand this and that from him? :wink:

For everyone's sake, Quint needs to be called out for his suspect business practices. It's important that people be made aware that they are patronizing a dev that will hold a grudge against a customer for daring to speak any idea contrary to Quint's "I am never wrong" mentality. It's all too easy to dismiss until you're the one it happens to. That being said, I suspect much of this would go away if Quint would just refund CF or any unsatisfied customer for their purchases. That would be the smart, professional, reputation building thing to do. However, we've seen that Quint lacks that basic business sense and instead would rather respond with petty personal attacks. Which of course further diminishes sknote's already dismal reputation. Notice a pattern here???

Spitfire31 wrote:Mr. Wisacre Compyfox,

You don't seem to have much in the way of jobs these days, since you can find the time to post these interminable, selfrighteous rants. But please do everyone a good turn and just shut the f-ck up!

/Joachim

Is it surprising that Quint has beta testers post this kind of "impartial" testimonial??
Based on past behavior, not really.
The truth is sometimes unpleasant and inconvenient, and those without any intelligent argument will often resort to trying to shout down a differing opinion.

If you're not interested in Disto-S, why ruin for those that are.

Come on kids... USE PM's and stop being so selfish!

simmo75 wrote:If you're not interested in Disto-S, why ruin for those that are.
Who said we're not?
Then again, who says we're also blindly accepting developer shenanigans?

simmo75 wrote:Now back to Disto-S now please?
So the summary of still open questions were off-topic?

Okay...

Spitfire31 wrote:Mr. Wisacre Compyfox,

/Joachim
Reported for thread derailing (commenting on possible lack of jobs) and uncalled for insults (wisacre, self-righteous, STFU, etc). Not the first time you did this either.

jbarish wrote:Is it surprising that Quint has beta testers post this kind of "impartial" testimonial??
If this comment is only based upon assumptions and not actual facts (like: credits in a PDF or in-plugin help window), we should not go that route. But if Joachim/Spitfire31 is really a beta tester for SKNote, and the developer holds responsibility for his testers and their public behavior... then yes, there is reason for criticism about this possible company image damaging behavior towards existing and interested users.

Anyway - please get back to the discussion, people. You're only hurting your own "derailing" argument.

Reposted open questions for the developer:
Compyfox wrote:1) when will we see an overhauled A/B video with seeing both the hardware and software side by side? I'd really like to see what's going on. Who tells me that the videos weren't doctored?
2) when will we see a proper manual?
3) why is there no need to hotlink the recently posted "Audio Blog" articles to the product page? This is jumping hoops for interested users.
4) what will happen to DISTO-R? Where is the backwards compatibility to DISTO v2 (obiously, new plugin, therefore new plugin ID - can old presets even be loaded?)
5) when does the Introduction Price of 50USD run out (MSRP is 299USD plus VAT), and where is the fairness compared to new users paying more after the intro pricing, compared to "old users" not paying a dime for the upgrade?

which brings me to the most important thing of all:
6) since the refund policy (7 days, and highly dependent on the mood of the developer) is still wonky, when will we see demo versions?

Not to mention my open Q towards users:

What is the fundamental difference between EL-8's Nuke Mode = 1176's All-Buttons-In, which equals an Infinite Ratio = "Brickwall Limiting"? While not counting the Attack/Release time differences between the EL-8 and 1176, and also the "knee setting".

If I'm uneducated in this realm, then please teach me!
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

simmo75 wrote:I'm actually really interested in this product and don't know the arguing party or care how important they wish to feel.

Please take your arguing to PM's, nobody else is interested.

Now back to Disto-S now please?

Thank you.
Sorry guys, a decent forum has a minimum of moderation and doesn't allow people to transform everything in a stupid mess of sh*t, even worse insulting and spitting nonsense.
I've asked for moderation more than one time but it simply doesn't exist. What a sad situation for a place that used to have great content.

If you are interested in talking about stuff, gear, music you'll find me ellsewhere, other forum or, even better, email ;)

So sorry, we also removed our forum from here and it is enough.

Have fun, when minus habens and blackmailers let you do it. See you elsewhere! :hug:

FWIW...
Compyfox wrote: 4) what will happen to DISTO-R? Where is the backwards compatibility to DISTO v2 (obiously, new plugin, therefore new plugin ID - can old presets even be loaded?)
According to Quinto at GS
"(upcoming) Disto-R completely backward compatible. "
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/12913716-post18.html

Compyfox wrote: 5) when does the Introduction Price of 50USD run out (MSRP is 299USD plus VAT), and where is the fairness compared to new users paying more after the intro pricing, compared to "old users" not paying a dime for the upgrade?
If I understood correctly it's basicly a joke that came about in the Disto v3 thread at GS.

Quinto at GS
"The new price is aimed to those who measure quality from the price. "
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/12907688-post635.html

As I recall there was a build up to this, and there's more in the thread about it but I am way to lazy track all those post down to report them. But I am pretty sure the 49.99$ price that is now will not change...could be wrong thou but thats the impression I got from following the thread at GS.

quintosardo wrote:Sorry guys, a decent forum has a minimum of moderation and doesn't allow people to transform everything in a stupid mess of sh*t, even worse insulting and spitting nonsense.
I've askedasked for moderation more than one time but it simply doesn't exist. What a sad situation for a place that hsd great content.
Wait a minute!

Now you're criticizing the mods and admins of KVR Audio and ask for ACTIVE CENSORING of certain users (like it happened on GearSlutz)? Am I getting this commentary right?! :?

quintosardo wrote:If you are interested in talking about stuff, gear, music you'll find me ellsewhere, other fotumd or, even better, email ;)

So sorry, we also temoved our forum ftom here and it is enough.

Have fun, when minus habens and blackmailers let you do it. See you elsewhere! :hug:
I'm keeping this open as a slap in the face towards interested users and still open ended, valid questions (pricing, manual, refunds, technical).

Quinto Sardo, with this action, you have once more proven(!) that you don't really care about honest discussions. You don't care about your user base (interested, existing and previous one). You only care about your superiority, how you can ultimately control discussions to your liking (see commentary to involve "mods" and then say that they do nothing - if in fact, they removed your insults!), what you consider "discussion worthy".

You've proven all points of criticism from various users and bystanders in recent years with this.

And yet you once more blame it on to others... even call them "mentally incompetent" (translated from "minus habens") and "blackmailers"?! Did... did you just really do that? Are you serious? :o

Such a pity to see this behavior from a once really interesting developer.

Kr3eM wrote:FWIW...
Compyfox wrote: 4) what will happen to DISTO-R? Where is the backwards compatibility to DISTO v2 (obiously, new plugin, therefore new plugin ID - can old presets even be loaded?)
FWIW - thank you, and I hope my follow question can be answered as well:
Can current users confirm this? Because I heard different so far.

Kr3eM wrote:
Compyfox wrote: 5) when does the Introduction Price of 50USD run out (MSRP is 299USD plus VAT), and where is the fairness compared to new users paying more after the intro pricing, compared to "old users" not paying a dime for the upgrade?
If I understood correctly it's basicly a joke that came about in the Disto v3 thread at GS.

Quinto at GS
"The new price is aimed to those who measure quality from the price. "
https://www.gearslutz.com/board/12907688-post635.html

As I recall there was a build up to this, and there's more in the thread about it but I am way to lazy track all those post down to report them. But I am pretty sure the 49.99$ price that is now will not change...could be wrong thou but thats the impression I got from following the thread at GS.
Running gag or not, this is a tasteless one. And in fact, the price is listed as MSRP 299USD on the page. (see my post a couple of posts back, with an image)

Since the developer now basically said "bye bye" with an non-graceful FU to the community... I think that question will sadly never be answered.

But thanks for stepping in for something the developer himself could have done with a couple of simple sentences, yet didn't do. Again... which is a real pity.

Compyfox wrote:
Kr3eM wrote:FWIW...
FWIW - thank you, and I hope my follow question can be answered as well:
Can current users confirm this? Because I heard different so far.
If you are asking if any user of Disto v2 + Disto-S can confirm that Disto-R is completely backward compatible...then the answer is probably no. Unless there are a beta tester with access to Disto-R. As far as I know it has not been released yet...unless it has been released within the last 12 or so hours since I downloaded Disto from my account.

Thanks for that.

Then I ask myself, why was there an image of Disto-R (basically Disto v3) comparing it to Distro-S and audio comparisons earlier in this thread? Not that it's my business - but breach of NDA?

Guess we have to wait and see how this plays out now.
Thanks again

Compyfox wrote:Thanks for that.

Then I ask myself, why was there an image of Disto-R (basically Disto v3) comparing it to Distro-S and audio comparisons earlier in this thread? Not that it's my business - but breach of NDA?
I can't find any in this thread unless you are refering to djanthonyw's post, but that is Disto-S and Disto v2 (not Disto-R)
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 0#p6901584

edit my bad, it says Disto-R.... don't understand how thou
edit2: guess I better check my account again...'nope'
edit 3: now I'm confused, picure says Disto-R but soundclips says Disto v2, I suspect he has just renamed his Disto v2 to Disto-R...

Kr3eM wrote:picure says Disto-R but soundclips says Disto v2, I suspect he has just renamed his Disto v2 to Disto-R...
That's my guess too.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

So instead of being a savvy businessman and rectifying much of what he describes as "shit" by refunding unhappy customers, Quint packs up his ball and goes home. If that's not classic childish Quint, I don't know what is. Who won the pool??

cprompt wrote:
Kr3eM wrote:picure says Disto-R but soundclips says Disto v2, I suspect he has just renamed his Disto v2 to Disto-R...
That's my guess too.
You can rename plugins and IDs in Logic? Interesting...

Return to “Effects”