Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DS Audio Thorn Thorn Pro Expansion (Thorn Presets)

Overall, a great update...but man, those individual harmonics in the Harmonic Editor within the Harmonic Filter are still really stubborn. Takes several mouse gestures to get them to budge :\

sqigls wrote:bring it on!

v1.0.1 - Pitch of Noise oscillator still cant adjust finely
On Windows over here. Press + hold Alt key :)

Thorn is defiantly growing on me. While the tone is hard, it excels at certain sounds and always finds a place in the mix. I'm loving the intuitive workflow; the arp & seq are particularly inspiring. Was going to hold out to see what ANA2 is like, but I might just have to pick up both. :D

wagtunes wrote:[snip...}Can't quite put my finger on it but there seems to be some dirt to the sound. It's not one of those clean colorless synths that have no real character. [snip...}
There is dirt. demo coming soon.

plexuss wrote:
wagtunes wrote:[snip...}Can't quite put my finger on it but there seems to be some dirt to the sound. It's not one of those clean colorless synths that have no real character. [snip...}
There is dirt. demo coming soon.
Can't wait.

Sound Author wrote:

not working on OSX here... can't lock it into any key properly

Sound Author wrote:

and option is working here on my mac.
Cubase 9, vst3, Sierra
rsp
sound sculptist

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Vortifex wrote:Chorus still causing crackling in FL Studio 12, Windows 10.

Also, this is still really bugging me:
Vortifex wrote:how do I stop the resonance from 'closing off' on a long release? I've made a pad with high resonance, and when I release the keys the resonance reduces as if I've got the ENV release down low but it's set to maximum.

Here's the preset for anyone interested https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7ws2 ... TM0aEowRXM
I asked the same question earlier in this thread. I also find that a bit limiting.

Now if I could just buy the damn thing so I can render without all the tracks fading in and out. Do you want me to post it using the demo even thought tracks fade in and out?

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vortifex wrote:Why is the default voices set to 4 on so many of the presets? A bit annoying, especially on pads.
Can't answer that, but you can rightclick on the voices after you set them to your liking and -> "Control" -> "Lock" them, so when changing presets it does not change (many other parameters can be locked that way too).

Cheers,

Tom
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

ThomasHelzle wrote:
Vortifex wrote:Why is the default voices set to 4 on so many of the presets? A bit annoying, especially on pads.
Can't answer that, but you can rightclick on the voices after you set them to your liking and -> "Control" -> "Lock" them, so when changing presets it does not change (many other parameters can be locked that way too).

Cheers,

Tom
Will that lock be saved on an init preset?

What a great idea, but alas no.
rsp
sound sculptist

This is pretty much all Thorn (took low end off some tracks, a little limiting on the master), apart from the main percs that come in towards the end. Really enjoying using Thorn.

https://soundcloud.com/rich-whitfield/spur
Last edited by cb8rwh on Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Instruments”