Anyobody use maschine? NI gets $50 Million Investment

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EnochLight wrote:Not sure what Native Instruments plans are, but a private equity firm taking control of the company can either be a good thing or a horrible thing.
The investor holds a "significant minority" (newspaper quote) while the old owners still, you guessed it, hold the majority. And they want to keep it like that. At least that's what their statement is saying. They also increased their financial investment during the transaction (probably to keep this majority alive or due to investor's demand, who knows).

edit: addition
Last edited by elassi on Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jolaff wrote:"Music software and hardware manufacturer Native Instruments has announced that it is receiving a €50 million investment from private equity firm EMH Partners."

Where did they announced that ?

Also... "For more information visit https://www.native-instruments.com/en/" ...I don't see anything on their website ...???

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/wirtschaft/u ... 52739.html

ere2learn wrote:
Jolaff wrote:"Music software and hardware manufacturer Native Instruments has announced that it is receiving a €50 million investment from private equity firm EMH Partners."

Also... "For more information visit https://www.native-instruments.com/en/" ...I don't see anything on their website ...???

Damn ...their's a problem with that web site ....all letters are mixed up... :)

beatmangler443 wrote:
rlared wrote:I think they are going to build a platform like Pandora for unknown talent. I'd imagine their products would allow integration and collaboration with that platform. I think that would be wildly popular.
Man I didn't think of that. That might be huge.
For those that don't know what Pandora is, mind expanding on this concept a little :wink:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

the news was announced in Economics section of a daily german newspaper .... you're not likely to get news like this on their website, why would you ? ... the website is geared entirely towards promoting, selling, and servicing their products ... not keeping you informed of the ins & outs of how the company is handling its finances.

not sure if that was the first to publish though, but it was the first place I heard it from.

Daags wrote:... you're not likely to get news like this on their website, why would you ? ... the website is geared entirely towards promoting, selling, and servicing their products ... not keeping you informed of the ins & outs of how the company is handling its finances.
I'm just asking because in the article they refer to NI website to get more informations... but the facts are that there is no "more informations" there...

Money to burn!
I predict Maschine Stand-alone!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

the meantime, Native Instruments has a strong market position, Haver shows convincingly. The software instrument market is dominated by 50 percent. This has been achieved through innovation and communication. He is a marketing man from the outset, and Native Instruments has developed into a "brand with radiant power," says Haver. Therefore, selling to an investor was "never an option". "Our ambitions are bigger and different." After all, the company boss has no more, or no less, than "democratizing" the music production.

beatmangler443 wrote:the meantime, Native Instruments has a strong market position, Haver shows convincingly. The software instrument market is dominated by 50 percent. This has been achieved through innovation and communication. He is a marketing man from the outset, and Native Instruments has developed into a "brand with radiant power," says Haver. Therefore, selling to an investor was "never an option". "Our ambitions are bigger and different." After all, the company boss has no more, or no less, than "democratizing" the music production.
"Within the framework of the financial partnership with EMH, two parties with the same wavelengths seem to have sought and found - listen to Haver and his financier Sebastian Kuss, who founded EMH 2010 together with his brother Maximilian. According to the company, the investment company invests primarily in strongly growing medium-sized companies with high potential for digitalization. The money flows primarily into the digitalization of the European middle class. "Our investment ranges from 10 to 100 million euros per company. We are oriented towards the long term with a retention period of up to ten years, "it says. The latest investment shows Sebastian Kuss enthusiastically: "As a technology leader, Native Instruments is a dream candidate."

beatmangler443 wrote:
Jace-BeOS wrote:
beatmangler443 wrote:""In addition, Native Instruments will continue to improve upon several of its existing products aimed at innovating around the DJ-producer experience, including the popular DJing software Traktor and the Stems technology, which breaks tracks into its component parts for live remixing."

http://www.billboard.com/articles/busin ... h-partners"
Sounds like they'll be ignoring all the other products...
So far maschine development is going pretty good.
And it has seemingly been the only product they've cared about for a long time now. i was shocked that Reaktor had a version 6, but it didn't really change much anyway. The rack-like modular stuff added to it kinda fails by using the same underlying wiring motif. I'm happy to see the other synths kept functional on new OS releases, but they're not exactly updating anything (or even removing bugs they added after the fact in places like FM8's importing tool). The GUIs need to be scaled up for high resolution. Instead, they just seem to be flattening everything, because flat fad...
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

What the hell is "digitalization" in this context??
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:What the hell is "digitalization" in this context??
It's a buzzword(?) here in Germany since politics and old economy still live in 'analog' times with Telefax and the like. What they actually want to say is, that 'IT' (information technology) is the main driver for economic growth "these days". :roll:

edit: tried to be more clear
Last edited by elassi on Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Russian judge gives Mate a 6.8 for corporate doublespeak
“We believe music creation products and services should be integrated in a more appealing, intuitive and cohesive way. We foresee an easily accessible music creation ecosystem that connects user centric design, with powerful technology and data, to further enable the music creators of today, and welcome the new creators of tomorrow.”
decoded = we will use the internet as a vehicle to charge people today as well as tomorrow.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Daags wrote:the news was announced in Economics section of a daily german newspaper ....
FWIW: The FAZ is the 'Lord Privy Seal' of conservatism in Germany. Besides that they're are usually perfectly informed about economic development. Their sources are top notch, read: top management circles. Close relation to the financial industry included.

SJ_Digriz wrote:The Russian judge gives Mate a 6.8 for corporate doublespeak
“We believe music creation products and services should be integrated in a more appealing, intuitive and cohesive way. We foresee an easily accessible music creation ecosystem that connects user centric design, with powerful technology and data, to further enable the music creators of today, and welcome the new creators of tomorrow.”
decoded = we will use the internet as a vehicle to charge people today as well as tomorrow.
My guess, They're going to release a web collaborating subscription model DAW, that of course integrates with Maschine, Traktor and the Komplete line. It will upload to it's own NiTunes service based probably on a Spotify model, i.e. no one will get paid but they will feel like they are monetizing their music at least. Since so many companies attempt an Apple model of end to end integration, I see no reason NI shouldn't blow through 50 million euros proving what we already know, that sort of thing just isn't their strong point. How many times have they changed their preset format? :hihi:

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”