Thorn: Dmitry Sches' new synth!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
DS Audio Thorn Thorn Pro Expansion (Thorn Presets)

s i t e_i s_b a c k_u p :party:

exmatproton wrote:s i t e_i s_b a c k_u p :party:
YES!!!
thanks
Although 1.01 doesn't seem to be on it as yet..... I guess one step at a time :-)
rsp
sound sculptist

Vortifex wrote:Chorus still causing crackling in FL Studio 12, Windows 10. Edit: it's connected to the Rate. Faster rate = more crackling. Slow it to 1/1T and beyond and it goes away.

Also, this is still really bugging me:
Vortifex wrote:how do I stop the resonance from 'closing off' on a long release? I've made a pad with high resonance, and when I release the keys the resonance reduces as if I've got the ENV release down low but it's set to maximum.

Here's the preset for anyone interested https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7ws2 ... TM0aEowRXM
Use the Fixed Buffer Size option in the FL wrapper

Appears the new servers haven't propagated through the entire Internet yet because I'm still getting suspended page on this end. Tried with 2 different browsers so it's no my cache because the other browser I never use.

Same here. :neutral:

Same. I have a track with 10 instances of Thorn ready to go but I won't post it because it ends in giant shot of fading noise because I am running the demo. So it'll have to wait until the site is up and I can buy it.

What was it that I said earlier? Oh, ya, I remember now! :D Never launch a product when you are migrating your ecommerce platform. :D

zvenx wrote:
Sound Author wrote:
sqigls wrote:bring it on!

v1.0.1 - Pitch of Noise oscillator still cant adjust finely
On Windows over here. Press + hold Alt key :)
and option is working here on my mac.
Cubase 9, vst3, Sierra
rsp
Ah, it's working with a deep click, but not a scroll.
I hope this can be fixed, the deep click on the Macbook is carpel tunnel pain!!

plexuss wrote:Same. I have a track with 10 instances of Thorn ready to go but I won't post it because it ends in giant shot of fading noise because I am running the demo. So it'll have to wait until the site is up and I can buy it.

What was it that I said earlier? Oh, ya, I remember now! :D Never launch a product when you are migrating your ecommerce platform. :D
I don't think that was the plan.
I think the interest in Thorn exceeded his expectations and then he therefore had to migrate his website.
rsp
sound sculptist

exmatproton wrote:
ThomasHelzle wrote:
Vortifex wrote:Why is the default voices set to 4 on so many of the presets? A bit annoying, especially on pads.
Can't answer that, but you can rightclick on the voices after you set them to your liking and -> "Control" -> "Lock" them, so when changing presets it does not change (many other parameters can be locked that way too).

Cheers,

Tom
Will that lock be saved on an init preset?
Save a new Default preset, in the options menu

The site is up here including the Buy Now link to the commerce site. Clear your cache ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote:The site is up here including the Buy Now link to the commerce site. Clear your cache ?
It's not the cache. I used a browser that I never use and have never been to the site with.

Sire has finally propagated over here.

10 instances of Thorn. Minimal effects. Drums are not Thorn.

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/th ... -of-dmitry

1.0.1 is great. The fonts are readable at normal size, and the intermediate size and scaling options make it as clear as I want. :tu:
Purchased!

It makes exploring it much more pleasant and I might be changing my mind a bit about the Harmonic Filter -- like some other things with the synth, it's not an "instant win button" but works quite well for some content.

plexuss wrote:10 instances of Thorn. Minimal effects. Drums are not Thorn.

https://soundcloud.com/musicofplexus/th ... -of-dmitry
Really like this. Well done. :tu:

Return to “Instruments”