Unfiltered Audio Zip: Creative Compression with Modulation

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pekbro wrote:How is the latency on it? Anyone tried it yet?
It's zero-latency until you turn up the Lookahead control.

Excellent! Can’t wait to try it. :)
Thanks Michael!

Impressively clever & forward thinking. Looks like it can solve similar problems that multiband or spectral compression can be used for (the latter having a huge latency hit). Only one way to find out...

If I don't buy it, I'll be :o
:tu:

It's my new go-to whatever-it-is!

-everyone

Well that snuck in under the radar. Congrats on the release.

My Unfiltered Audio fandom and completism is likely to outweigh my lack of further compression needs.

Edit: Hmmm .... after a couple of hours with this .... it turns out I DO need another compressor.

Finally, a genuinely creative compressor. Sounds good on everything, the sidechaining & modulation features for getting movement into pads and drones are particularly good, as are the choice of envelope styles and colours, and (of course) the different analysis modes. The display is great too.

Roll on my November PA voucher :party:
Last edited by lnikj on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wow... I think its safe to say you've taken creative compression to a whole new level here.
Outstanding... :party:

I stole a moment to play with it a bit last night and it’s visionary.

I did have a question about Zip doing what I call “downward expansion”: as the signal moves below the threshold, it’s expanded, so the quiet parts get louder.

I understand the “expand” button configures Zip as sort of a gate. I figured that flipping the analysis to one of the negative modes might get me where I want to go, but that wasn’t immediately apparent.

Can Zip produces this type of effect?

Best, Charles
Tranzistow Tutorials: http://vze26m98.net/tranzistow/
Xenakis in America: http://oneblockavenue.net

i own every Unfiltered Audio plugin but i can't find a use for a compressor with a LFO...

hivkorn wrote:i own every Unfiltered Audio plugin but i can't find a use for a compressor with a LFO...
I honestly don't use the LFOs very often in other UA plugins compared to how often I use the envelope follower. But I could see using the LFO here for the "color" stuff.

Overall this looks pretty brilliant. Looking forward to giving it a try this evening :tu:

foosnark wrote:
hivkorn wrote:i own every Unfiltered Audio plugin but i can't find a use for a compressor with a LFO...
I honestly don't use the LFOs very often in other UA plugins compared to how often I use the envelope follower. But I could see using the LFO here for the "color" stuff.

Overall this looks pretty brilliant. Looking forward to giving it a try this evening :tu:
i had try the demo....and I finaly use my 75 $ voucher..... :oops: :oops:
My voucher was for karacter :x :x ....

For pumping up the jam?
It's for pumping up the jam isn't it?!!

yeah it's puzzling me too.
I think being an Unfiltered Audio plugin it would just seem wrong without adding one?

the demo was obviously inspiring for you?
or the voucher was burning a hole in your pocket?

sqigls wrote:
For pumping up the jam?

I think being an Unfiltered Audio plugin it would just seem wrong without adding one?

the demo please me,the compressor itself please me.
No the voucher don't burn the bottom from my pocket , it is just that I try every UA plugins when they come out ... they do the job just very well (i own them all)

My thought as well. But the additional flexibility does no harm.

UA btw please add probability modulation for 0/1 switches. I learned it can be achieved with 2 sources on 1 target, but it is not intuitive.

Unfiltered Audio, dev of the year ? :party:

hivkorn wrote:
sqigls wrote:
For pumping up the jam?

the demo please me,the compressor itself please me.
No the voucher don't burn the bottom from my pocket , it is just that I try every UA plugins when they come out ... they do the job just very well (i own them all)
Thank you!

There are a lot of uses for the modulation system here (not just the LFOs, but the Input Follower, the new Gain Reduction module, the Macro controller for morphing your preset...), some of which are demonstrated on the Soundcloud examples. You could use a slow LFO to change the threshold over time, adding a warm, pulsating effect to the mix. You could use the new external sidechain mode for the Input Follower to change the Color Filter of the main signal based on what's happening with the other signal.

Regardless, this was designed from the start to be an excellent compressor. We received a lot of feedback from alpha and beta testers on how to make this better, and we implemented all of that (zoomable display, better Color modes and responses, etc.). Some of our testers called this their favorite compressor ever, even without the modulation system!

Return to “Effects”