Investor pumps 50 million Euro into NI

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

An article in the german FAZ tells about a new investor for NI (see link). They aim to set a new industry standard and plan to "democratize" music production. Well, the latter seems to be marketing talk.

For those who are interested in numbers: NI claims to control 50% of the audio software market, has 80 mio. Euro in annual sales, 400 employees in Berlin, 65 in the US and a few in China to supervise the production there. Per month they hire 10-15 new employees.

http://www.faz.net/aktuell/wirtschaft/u ... 52739.html

Democratize? Oh... so we'll see lots of cheap gadgets and Ios apps then. Well... good luck to them.

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

Maybe it's Uwe Boll?
Stuck in Aperture Laboratories for a 2nd time!

considering the choices iZotope started making after they received a big ole venture-capital injection, this does not bode well.

also ... if NI is as big as they claim, and I absolutely believe them, why are they courting some VC for 50 mil ?

What I read between the lines and the statements from the CEO they're targeting customers who don't know yet that they will become musicians ...

Read: The products will be cheaper and more idiot-proof, so to speak. They already argue that their price level dropped from couple of thousand Euro to some hundred. That's typically a move to either push competitors from the market (thus expanding market share) or find new customers outside the typical target group (see above). So the investor may finance a price war, an expensive marketing campaign, the development of new products off their standard range - or all of this.

Oh, and other topics are online- and cloudservices. :roll:
Last edited by elassi on Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'm seeing the word "democratize" and reading 'monopoly'. I wonder why.

A monopoly exists when a specific person or enterprise is the only supplier of a particular commodity.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

elassi wrote: Oh, and other topics are online- and cloudservices. :roll:
Oh bloody h. You don't think NI will start going down the subscription route?

/C
CLUB VICE for ARTURIA PIGMENTS
HARDWARE SAMPLER FANATIC - Akai S1100/S950/Z8 - Casio FZ20m - Emu Emax I - Ensoniq ASR10/EPS

I have no idea. :shrug:

I will continue to boycott NI 8)

fluffy_little_something wrote:I will continue to boycott NI 8)
Any Particular reason why?
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Also I sincerely hope NI does not go anywhere NEAR a subscription policy. And if for whatever reason they must we better be able to Purchase their products outright (Like PT). I would NOT be using their products anymore if they were to go to an Adobe route. I doubt they would do that however.
The post above this is likely bait, viewer discretion is advised.

Spencer Maddox wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:I will continue to boycott NI 8)
Any Particular reason why?
Well, to begin with, it is a big company, which I don't like. I tend to support one-man shows...
Nor do they have anything that interests me, except for Massive to a certain extent.

elassi wrote:Oh, and other topics are online- and cloudservices. :roll:
Yes, sadly this is what comes to mind when I look at this VC firm's description here : https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stoc ... =247089133

These people don't seem to be very interested in developing cool software or cool hardware... they seem interested in restructuring income/pricing models. I can't say I like the smell of this :-?

they're targeting customers who don't know yet that they will become musicians
They're targeting customers who don't know they will forever become customers :hihi:

Yes, many people can potentially buy music software, but it doesn't mean they suddenly become musicans. There's certainly a milkhouse there.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

fluffy_little_something wrote:
Well, to begin with, it is a big company, which I don't like. I tend to support one-man shows...
Good lord allmighty oh well..just what the heck..

Imagine this. Your favorite one man show after successful product line hiring 10 people - and it start exponential grow. By your logic you will start not to like it because company is expanding, developing new ideas, new products, hiring more people (which practically is what NI is doing), feeding more families and doing public well.

Yeah that make sense. Remember NI was only a few geeks. Even U-he was one man show now more then eight people.

I am betting you never started your own company right? I can't seem to know one single person which started a company business and having vision of not growing income (thus demanding more resources, more people etc.), non development and to be some sort of weird one man show in the long run. That must be a joke. Well unless you have some sort of weird business mission then possibly not. Or you are painting artist that sort of thing.

edit: i get it. you dislike rich people or rich companies that's it. Like all people which have money are bad by default right?

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”