Can Mackie SDR24/96 be used just as ADAT-AD/DA ?

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Unrestricted ?

And can all I/0 work simultaneously in 44.1 kHz ?

(been offered one, and consider use as AD/DA via my RME 9652)

Thanks in advance for any help !

Neither google or the manual did seem to answer my question
HM

As I read manual(just now) you can for inputs.
But to use as both monitoring from daw and do ins and outs require change of settings so not sure how convenient it is.

But let's say you are satisfied using 12 channels for inputs and 12 for outputs would work. And you use monitoring mode as required. Or you might be happy with just stereo out - you can set that too, seemed very flexibile there and use 22 as inputs.

Set monitor to All input - and inputs need not even be armed for record to monitor to outs.
Set all inputs to analog that are to be used as inputs(then ADAT for those input have no functionality). And those used for outputs remain digital inputs.

And all output is on ADAT and analog as well(did not see separate setting to just have outputs do analog or digital, as you could see for inputs).

But what latency might be involved - ask Mackie support. (Support tipped me on that Blackbird can be configured for standalone mode to ADAT, not only firewire)
If each sample directly is taken from input to output or any delay. AD-converter has their delay - but still if any other delays, I mean.

Thanks ,.. guess I will give it a try :tu:

Most important for me is to get analog outputs an-mass from DAW, (and maybe other ADAT-sources),..

Setup for mixed use, maybe, if it remember settings when turned off/on then no problem

Realy a pain for me to understand the manual 100 pct clear :wink:
HM

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”