I think Reaper is the only DAW that freezes the way I want it

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Correct me if I'm wrong. I found Reaper is the only DAW from the DAWs I tried to be the most effective one which is capable of freezing my UA plugins without affecting the other plugins which came after it.

Lets say I used UA Neve 88 and then H-delay form waves and some native extra plugins. I can simply freeze UA without touching the others. That is extremely priceless to my workflow. Studio one freezes the whole thing I don't need that. I don't use Bitwig for mixing so I have never tried if it is capable of doing like Reaper. Reason doesn't even have one unless it is bounce in place which has nothing to do with freezing. So, the only Reaper is kind of a head on this aspect.

Is there a DAW which is capable of handling freezing the way Reaper does?

The reason I ask is I need the freezing option as I enjoy working on those plugins but those plugin for me is like tweak and forget so I don't change them most of the time. Plus they are DSP hungry.

Thanks with lot respect guys.

No, Reaper's not the only one.

The best system Ive seen is in Tracktion/Waveform, which lets you drop a 'freeze point' into the plugin chain and anything applied before that point in the chain is frozen. You can add more freeze points, remove them, etc.

ProTools' Track Freeze can also do a freeze at any point in the plugin chain.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Freeze points, hehe. Alright, that's an extra step honestly. In Reaper you just right click a plugin in the chain, and then:

It's pretty damn fast.

EvilDragon wrote:Freeze points, hehe. Alright, that's an extra step honestly.
Its dragging onto the effects chain, and making a menu selection from the popup that appears. I think that's fewer steps than having to open up the FX dialogue, identify the right plugin in the chain, then right-clicking on that to get the menu.

well, i can imagine how setting up freeze points is faster if you do freeze/unfreeze regularly in the same spot (e.g. after a VI, which is what i usually do). it's a good idea actually.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:well, i can imagine how setting up freeze points is faster if you do freeze/unfreeze regularly in the same spot (e.g. after a VI, which is what i usually do). it's a good idea actually.
Its also rather good UI design; you always see exactly what's going on, and where.

yep. too bad Waveform sucks in other ways. tried it multiple times, because i like some of its features, and i kind of tolerate REAPER's UI design and Waveform seems way better thought out, GUI wise, but the flexibility of REAPER has spoiled me and i can't live without it...
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”