Plug'n Script: processBlock timing

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I bought Plug 'n Script v3. Great product. Now I am trying to write my first complex MIDI processing script, and I seem to need to so something with a bit of delay. The documentation comes up blank, but it seems the processBlock() function is called repeatedly.

So my question: is it guaranteed to be called at a certain frequency (and what frequency is that), or is that just because of my particular set-up? Is there another way to get a repeated function call in a MIDI script or set a time-out function?

Edit: that always happens: now I see in the docs that processBlock() is called on every block of samples, and there is an indirect pointer to the timestamp. I guess that solves my problem.

It is indeed called for every audio block and includes all MIDI events that have been received since last call.

Thanks. So the call frequency is sample rate/buffer size, I guess? Or does that differ over hosts? Anyway, I need a time resolution in the order of tens of ms, so it's fast enough.

In most cases, yes, and sometimes it may be faster (some hosts will call you back with smaller buffers, when parameter changes for example).

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”