Possible Bug with Patchwork 2.1

Official support for: bluecataudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I may have discovered a bug with Patchwork 2.1.
System: Win 10 64 bit
Issue: Patchwork crashes when trying to change the Audio I/O settings. In this instance I'm using Reason 9.5.2

I was trying to copy the VI chain shown in [url-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Ocv6ez5-8c]this video[/url] (starting at 9:56 regarding Audio In/Out Routing). I get to this screen:
Audio Output Set-up Screen.JPG
Then when I click ok after selecting the channel input and output this comes up:
Patchwork Error from Audio I-O setup.JPG
When I attempt the same thing in Pro Tools 12.8, it will cause PT to crash.

So far, none of the other set-ups I've tried with Patchwork have caused any issues. It seems to be just when attempting to change the Audio In/Out routing.

Thank You.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Does it only happen when changing the I/O settings the Xpand!2 plug-in, or have you had the same issue with other plug-ins? It could be specific to XPand!2 VST (I think in the video we are using the Audio Unit version of this plug-in).

Blue Cat Audio wrote:Does it only happen when changing the I/O settings the Xpand!2 plug-in, or have you had the same issue with other plug-ins? It could be specific to XPand!2 VST (I think in the video we are using the Audio Unit version of this plug-in).
No, I had the same issue with other VI's That was the first thing I checked. It doesn't seem to matter what the VST is. And it happened in both Reason and Pro Tools. I haven't tried it in Reaper yet.

Blue Cat Audio wrote:Does it only happen when changing the I/O settings the Xpand!2 plug-in, or have you had the same issue with other plug-ins? It could be specific to XPand!2 VST (I think in the video we are using the Audio Unit version of this plug-in).
Well, I take back what I just said earlier. I did some further testing this morning and it does indeed seem to a problem with AIR VI's only. In both Reason and Pro Tools, using Xpand2, Velvet, Loom or Hybrid produced the same result: crashed Pro Tools or I got the error message in Reason. (I didn't test with every single one of my AIR Vis) However, with other non AIR VI's, ie Nexus 2, Dune 2, even a 32bit freebie using J-Bridge didn't cause any issue. So, I guess it does have something to do with AIR VI's in Windows. I can tell you that the AIR VI's VST versions have some issues with how they behave when hosted in Reason, which just added VST hosting with version 9.5. So, now I"m wondering if there's something peculiar in the VST versions of the AIR instruments.

Anyway, I just wanted to report it here. Perhaps you guys can do some further testing on your end with the AIR VI's and see if you get the same results. I'm using Win-10 Pro 64bit CPU: i7 920@2.67ghz with 24gig Ram.

Ok, thanks for checking, it indeed sounded strange that it would affect others, as we have tested with a couple of VIs. We will double check the AIR instruments to see what is going on.

Blue Cat Audio wrote:Ok, thanks for checking, it indeed sounded strange that it would affect others, as we have tested with a couple of VIs. We will double check the AIR instruments to see what is going on.
Perfect, thanks!

Return to “Blue Cat Audio”