Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New
echopark
KVRian
 
1061 posts since 4 Jan, 2005, from Traun Austria

Postby echopark; Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:17 am Re: T-RackS 5 (added information about free CS version, release date countdown information added)

Seems the italien IK Support is sleeping. I wrote 15 days ago to the support and ask a question about T-Tracks 5. Now it´s 15 days later and still no answer.

Now the price has raised. I decided not to buy T-RackS 5. :x
My Recording Studio http://www.echopark.at
User avatar
braj
KVRAF
 
7992 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:19 am Re: T-RackS 5 (added information about free CS version, release date countdown information added)

echopark wrote:Seems the italien IK Support is sleeping. I wrote 15 days ago to the support and ask a question about T-Tracks 5. Now it´s 15 days later and still no answer.

Now the price has raised. I decided not to buy T-RackS 5. :x


Yeah, I wasn't watching KVR and never got an email notice with the intro upgrade offer, so I also missed out. I was hoping for a Black Friday deal, but now I am thinking it may be better just to cut my losses and start giving my loyalty to another company. I use Sampletank, T-Racks, and Amplitube. I am disappointed yet again. When will I learn my lesson with IK? Peter himself is great, love that guy, but IK? Grrr.... The whole CS thing just boils my blood, because it is the purchasing model that should work best for me, but it doesn't.
musicalwarmth812
KVRist
 
85 posts since 13 May, 2011

Postby musicalwarmth812; Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:29 am Re: T-RackS 5 (added information about free CS version, release date countdown information added)

We are at week 3: How's that update coming along, Peter...
User avatar
Johnny Blade
KVRer
 
19 posts since 9 Apr, 2017

Postby Johnny Blade; Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:03 pm Re: T-RackS 5 (added information about free CS version, release date countdown information added)

musicalwarmth812 wrote:We are at week 3: How's that update coming along, Peter...

:(
User avatar
braj
KVRAF
 
7992 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:18 pm Re: T-RackS 5 (added information about free CS version, release date countdown information added)

OK, I'm confused, I upgraded to Grand through the CS store on 2012 / 12 / 11, I have all the old Grand 4 gear, but my IK User Area doesn't show any license for it, I guess since it was done through CS. So I don't think I am getting the upgrade offer that a Grand user would be offered, that is what I am figuring. I have a $299 upgrade path to Max, but that's it.

Again, this makes CS suck. I feel like a second class citizen, and I can't even sell any of that gear either, if I wanted to. Who in their right mind would ever buy anything from the CS store? I won't be doing that again.

And I don't even have proper receipts for the transaction because no Grand is listed in the CS store, just the individual modules. Grrr....
User avatar
braj
KVRAF
 
7992 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:44 pm Re: T-RackS 5 (added information about free CS version, release date countdown information added)

So I opened a support ticket for this. Can anyone tell me what the upgrade cost from Grand is supposed to be? I'd still like to get a full version of T-Racks 5 so I can have the metering and extra four plugins at least, but I'd also like to get the Mic Room plugin specifically, just I don't want to buy that outside of a bundle because that is price prohibitive.
User avatar
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
 
5447 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:20 pm Re: T-RackS 5 (added information about free CS version, release date countdown information added)

braj wrote:So I opened a support ticket for this. Can anyone tell me what the upgrade cost from Grand is supposed to be? I'd still like to get a full version of T-Racks 5 so I can have the metering and extra four plugins at least, but I'd also like to get the Mic Room plugin specifically, just I don't want to buy that outside of a bundle because that is price prohibitive.

Custom Shop users are not second-class citizens at all. There is one upgrade option to T-RackS 5 MAX which is available to anybody with a product worth 99.99+ registered in their account. You would qualify for that upgrade if you so chose to go to T-RackS 5 MAX.

You can see the options on the T-RackS 5 web page with pricing on the left side of the page and a comprehensive list of what's included with each T-RackS 5 package near the bottom of the page.

If you don't need the additional gear you would gain with T-RackS 5 MAX (listed near the bottom of the T-RackS 5 page) you can purchase the first option: T-RackS 5. Per the T-RackS 5 FAQ your previous plugins from T-RackS Grand would work in T-RackS 5, along with the new modules and features you get with T-RackS 5. The pricing for the base T-RackS 5 is not an upgrade price, but you can use JamPoints to reduce that by up to 30% if you have any in your account from past purchases.
Follow IK on Image Facebook for flash giveaways, exclusives, and more.

For the stuff without wading through pages of fluff, my posts: search.php?author_id=217907&sr=posts
User avatar
braj
KVRAF
 
7992 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:25 pm Re: T-RackS 5 (added information about free CS version, release date countdown information added)

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
braj wrote:So I opened a support ticket for this. Can anyone tell me what the upgrade cost from Grand is supposed to be? I'd still like to get a full version of T-Racks 5 so I can have the metering and extra four plugins at least, but I'd also like to get the Mic Room plugin specifically, just I don't want to buy that outside of a bundle because that is price prohibitive.

Custom Shop users are not second-class citizens at all. There is one upgrade option to T-RackS 5 MAX which is available to anybody with a product worth 99.99+ registered in their account. You would qualify for that upgrade if you so chose to go to T-RackS 5 MAX.

You can see the options on the T-RackS 5 web page with pricing on the left side of the page and a comprehensive list of what's included with each T-RackS 5 package near the bottom of the page.

If you don't need the additional gear you would gain with T-RackS 5 MAX (listed near the bottom of the T-RackS 5 page) you can purchase the first option: T-RackS 5. Per the T-RackS 5 FAQ your previous plugins from T-RackS Grand would work in T-RackS 5, along with the new modules and features you get with T-RackS 5. The pricing for the base T-RackS 5 is not an upgrade price, but you can use JamPoints to reduce that by up to 30% if you have any in your account from past purchases.


But I only have that $299 upgrade offer for MAX, but I've spent well over $100 in the CS store. I'm frankly tire of the whole gear credits/jam points/group buy/online story fragmentation, I can't tell properly what is going on with my account :( I guess I'll see what support says, I would love to get MAX but I just can't for $299.
User avatar
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
 
5447 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:31 pm Re: T-RackS 5 (added information about free CS version, release date countdown information added)

Also note that anybody can check their crossgrade/upgrade eligibility at any time in your IK User Area - of you can click here to go directly there.
Follow IK on Image Facebook for flash giveaways, exclusives, and more.

For the stuff without wading through pages of fluff, my posts: search.php?author_id=217907&sr=posts
User avatar
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
 
5447 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:32 pm Re: T-RackS 5 (added information about free CS version, release date countdown information added)

braj wrote:But I only have that $299 upgrade offer for MAX, but I've spent well over $100 in the CS store. I'm frankly tire of the whole gear credits/jam points/group buy/online story fragmentation, I can't tell properly what is going on with my account :( I guess I'll see what support says, I would love to get MAX but I just can't for $299.

Yes, that is the only upgrade available and is the lowest price for T-RackS 5 MAX upgrade. Your other option is the base T-RackS 5 in which your current T-RackS modules will run.
Follow IK on Image Facebook for flash giveaways, exclusives, and more.

For the stuff without wading through pages of fluff, my posts: search.php?author_id=217907&sr=posts
User avatar
braj
KVRAF
 
7992 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:41 pm Re: T-RackS 5 (added information about free CS version, release date countdown information added)

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
braj wrote:But I only have that $299 upgrade offer for MAX, but I've spent well over $100 in the CS store. I'm frankly tire of the whole gear credits/jam points/group buy/online story fragmentation, I can't tell properly what is going on with my account :( I guess I'll see what support says, I would love to get MAX but I just can't for $299.

Yes, that is the only upgrade available and is the lowest price for T-RackS 5 MAX upgrade. Your other option is the base T-RackS 5 in which your current T-RackS modules will run.


But you just said:

There is one upgrade option to T-RackS 5 MAX which is available to anybody with a product worth 99.99+ registered in their account.


Do I not have that? I can't tell with the CS My Gear page. I also own Amplitube 3/4, T-Racks 3/4 Standard purchased in the store, but I don't know. BTW, if someone buys from the CS store, those purchases don't count towards any upgrades, even though they are part of the package to be upgraded, so even though I own most of the modules in Deluxe already, I get no discount on Deluxe. Can't you see how that makes it second class?

I guess my only hope is you guys do a good Black Friday deal or a group buy sometime soon. Do you know when your BF deals will be announced?
musicalwarmth812
KVRist
 
85 posts since 13 May, 2011

Postby musicalwarmth812; Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:40 pm Re: T-RackS 5 (added information about free CS version, release date countdown information added)

I see.

Ok, at what point do we request a refund - even though IK supposedly doesn't offer them, I don't believe IK wants to be known as a company that leaves people with broken software. And for f's sake, no, the sky is not falling, but everything reaches a point where it's time reevaluate. This sitrep is not looking good at the moment:

Either say, "They are delivering it tomorrow, I'm just a mushroom, or no, we don't have a fix." If I'm paying over $100 for something, hell, even $1, I expect it to work out the gate. If two weeks time is too much to ask of IK, then let me get off this ride - I don't want another go-round.
User avatar
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
 
5447 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:48 pm Re: T-RackS 5 (added information about free CS version, release date countdown information added)

braj wrote:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
braj wrote:But I only have that $299 upgrade offer for MAX, but I've spent well over $100 in the CS store. I'm frankly tire of the whole gear credits/jam points/group buy/online story fragmentation, I can't tell properly what is going on with my account :( I guess I'll see what support says, I would love to get MAX but I just can't for $299.

Yes, that is the only upgrade available and is the lowest price for T-RackS 5 MAX upgrade. Your other option is the base T-RackS 5 in which your current T-RackS modules will run.


But you just said:

There is one upgrade option to T-RackS 5 MAX which is available to anybody with a product worth 99.99+ registered in their account.


Do I not have that? I can't tell with the CS My Gear page. I also own Amplitube 3/4, T-Racks 3/4 Standard purchased in the store, but I don't know. BTW, if someone buys from the CS store, those purchases don't count towards any upgrades, even though they are part of the package to be upgraded, so even though I own most of the modules in Deluxe already, I get no discount on Deluxe. Can't you see how that makes it second class?

I guess my only hope is you guys do a good Black Friday deal or a group buy sometime soon. Do you know when your BF deals will be announced?

That 299.99 option is the T-RackS 5 MAX upgrade. That is the lowest price upgrade to T-RackS 5 MAX (excluding any additional discount you can get by using JamPoints you may have).

Edit and yes, your Custom Shop purchases qualify you for upgrades/crossgrades. If you use Gear Credits, the purchase of your Gear Credit pack would qualify you if 99.99+ or any gear that you purchased with regular currency via Custom Shop that was 99.99+ would qualify you.
Follow IK on Image Facebook for flash giveaways, exclusives, and more.

For the stuff without wading through pages of fluff, my posts: search.php?author_id=217907&sr=posts
User avatar
Peter - IK Multimedia
KVRAF
 
5447 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Postby Peter - IK Multimedia; Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:53 pm Re: T-RackS 5 (added information about free CS version, release date countdown information added)

musicalwarmth812 wrote:I see.

Ok, at what point do we request a refund - even though IK supposedly doesn't offer them, I don't believe IK wants to be known as a company that leaves people with broken software. And for f's sake, no, the sky is not falling, but everything reaches a point where it's time reevaluate. This sitrep is not looking good at the moment:

Either say, "They are delivering it tomorrow, I'm just a mushroom, or no, we don't have a fix." If I'm paying over $100 for something, hell, even $1, I expect it to work out the gate. If two weeks time is too much to ask of IK, then let me get off this ride - I don't want another go-round.

If you have reported an issue, I'm sure support can give you an estimate on when your issue will be fixed. T-RackS 5 is far from "broken software" but yes there will be an update that addresses some of the issues that people are experiencing (which seem within the normal bounds of any typical software release). But again, if you are having a showstopper issue then IK Support would be able to assist you with the issue itself as well as giving any estimate of a fix if the developers have to issue an update in order to fix whatever issue you are having. Thank you.
Follow IK on Image Facebook for flash giveaways, exclusives, and more.

For the stuff without wading through pages of fluff, my posts: search.php?author_id=217907&sr=posts
User avatar
braj
KVRAF
 
7992 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:54 pm Re: T-RackS 5 (added information about free CS version, release date countdown information added)

Gotcha Peter. Can you comment about Black Friday deals at all yet?
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects