Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New

Eventide MangleDverb

dangayle
KVRist

341 posts since 29 Mar, 2014

Postby dangayle; Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:12 pm Re: Eventide MangleDverb

It's on JRR now. I don't know if I'm going to pick it up.
ghettosynth
KVRAF

9798 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:23 pm Re: Eventide MangleDverb

I have yet to hear anything that I like from it that I wouldn't prefer from combining Trash2 with any number of other reverb plugins. I think that I want to wait until they make their way through more of the H9 plugins. I suspect a new bundle on the way if not other opportunities to pick up some of these along the way.
Russell Grand
KVRian

545 posts since 22 May, 2017

Postby Russell Grand; Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:23 pm Re: Eventide MangleDverb

Man, I love me some Eventide!!
lnikj
KVRAF

1565 posts since 23 May, 2005, from the North Cornwall coast

Postby lnikj; Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:09 am Re: Eventide Mangleverb

aMUSEd wrote:Damn if they're going to trot out one algo plugins from the H9000 that's quite a cash cow.

Hmmm... underwhelmed so far, just as with the delay.

I see a new bundle in a year or two and can wait until then.
plexuss
KVRian

1342 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Postby plexuss; Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:06 am Re: Eventide MangleDverb

Fleer wrote:Zynaptiq Adaptiverb trumps Eventide Blackhole

Adaptiverb and Blackhole, from my experience, are very different with different approaches to reverb. I consider them equal because they don't really over-lap except that they are both reverbs. The nature of their sound is quite different.
Robmobius
KVRAF

2915 posts since 9 Sep, 2010, from A shit hole (Ireland).

Postby Robmobius; Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 am Re: Eventide MangleDverb

I'm just not that impressed with the sound demos.

Meh...
Dublin City: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.
pekbro
KVRian

1179 posts since 29 Sep, 2010, from Maui

Postby pekbro; Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:29 pm Re: Eventide MangleDverb

Certainly not ground-breaking. Definitely, they could have done more in terms of distortion types and envelope control. That said, the ribbon is always nice and sound quality is excellent. Underwhelming...I wouldn't say so, for me its an effect thats sure to get a lot of use as just one of those things I will automatically try when I'm trying to decide how to screw with the sound of something. Only $42, and it will fit nicely with all the other eventide plugins I have (22 out of 24). I for one, will definitely be picking it up.
Russell Grand
KVRian

Postby Russell Grand; Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:35 pm Re: Eventide MangleDverb

plexuss wrote:
Fleer wrote:Zynaptiq Adaptiverb trumps Eventide Blackhole

Adaptiverb and Blackhole, from my experience, are very different with different approaches to reverb. I consider them equal because they don't really over-lap except that they are both reverbs. The nature of their sound is quite different.

Completely agree.
Russell Grand
KVRian

Postby Russell Grand; Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:35 pm Re: Eventide MangleDverb

pekbro wrote:Certainly not ground-breaking. Definitely, they could have done more in terms of distortion types and envelope control. That said, the ribbon is always nice and sound quality is excellent. Underwhelming...I wouldn't say so, for me its an effect thats sure to get a lot of use as just one of those things I will automatically try when I'm trying to decide how to screw with the sound of something. Only $42, and it will fit nicely with all the other eventide plugins I have (22 out of 24). I for one, will definitely be picking it up.

Same here.
c_voltage
KVRian

955 posts since 16 May, 2004, from Soviet Union

Postby c_voltage; Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:53 pm Re: Eventide MangleDverb

Tried demo, and for to be polite, do not want to say anything.
Blackhole yes, it's very good.
woodsdenis
KVRian

1392 posts since 24 Feb, 2005

Postby woodsdenis; Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:07 pm Re: Eventide MangleDverb

Sorry Eventide , truly pointless product. Why are you just releasing H3000 one algo at a time products. I did download it and will delete it straight away. Sad for a company that thrived on innovation. Blackhole was a great idea as its a signature H series sound but this !!!!!
Mac Pro
10.12.6 Digi 96 io
Cubase 9, Ableton Live 9.7, Bitwig 1.3
Russell Grand
KVRian

Postby Russell Grand; Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:11 pm Re: Eventide MangleDverb

Pointless? Lol for you maybe. Some of us might actually enjoy it and don't find it pointless. If it's not for you, kindly move along. :wink:
woodsdenis
KVRian

1392 posts since 24 Feb, 2005

Postby woodsdenis; Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:13 pm Re: Eventide MangleDverb

Russell Grand wrote:Pointless? Lol for you maybe. Some of us might actually enjoy it and don't find it pointless. If it's not for you, kindly move along. :wink:

Err its an opinion, this is a forum... get a life.
Mac Pro
10.12.6 Digi 96 io
Cubase 9, Ableton Live 9.7, Bitwig 1.3
ghettosynth
KVRAF

9798 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:18 pm Re: Eventide MangleDverb

Given that it's just Reverb->Distortion, I don't see that the ribbon is as useful as it is with their other plugins. I agree that their slacking on innovation with these. What I'd like to see from them is the H9 algorithms in an updated H3000 setting where you can build your own chains from the various modules and algorithms.

For me, this is even less impressive than the delay where I felt the ribbon was genuinely useful. I liked the delay, but I ultimately passed on it.

I think that Blackhole->Trash2, or any other combination of Reverb I Like -> Distortion I like will trump this. In fact, I regularly do this, even , Reverb->Distortion->Reverb.
pekbro
KVRian

1179 posts since 29 Sep, 2010, from Maui

Postby pekbro; Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:39 pm Re: Eventide MangleDverb

I agree this might have been much better combined with the delay. I like it on drums quite a lot, but the reverb really isn't a huge part of that. Very short & tight reverb / decay is where it sounds best to me. Its really good at making things sound big and dirty without putting them in too much of a specific space. I definitely can see it not appealing to many, but if you like glitch and degradation, sound design and cinematic effect, I think its worth exploring. Likely, its uses aren't going to be too far beyond percussion though. The ribbon works well imho, although I'm finding it better suited to step or random type modulation.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects