Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New
atya
KVRist

155 posts since 17 Sep, 2014, from LPGC

Postby atya; Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:57 pm Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

NI are offering the Kontakt crossgrade for €124,50. Dang ... guess I'll pull the trigger this time.
V0RT3X
KVRAF

6538 posts since 3 Jul, 2012, from Canada

Postby V0RT3X; Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:13 pm Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

I'm on the fence right now because I can get the Komplete 11 Ultimate upgrade for $299.50
Last edited by V0RT3X on Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KVR caused an invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL at 015f:bff7b997.
ATS
KVRAF

5294 posts since 20 Dec, 2002, from MD USA

Postby ATS; Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:16 pm Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

starflakeprj wrote:
ATS wrote:
strovoknights wrote:I'm waiting for Maschine Expansions Bundle $99

What's that?!?!?

At least one or two times before, Native Instruments have created a bundle with 10 Maschine Expansions for only $/€99

Oh my God that would be incredible.
zvenx
KVRAF

5730 posts since 16 Feb, 2005, from Kingston, Jamaica

Postby zvenx; Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:20 pm Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

They haven't done that in since 2015 ... I think Black Fridays are now our best bet. It was the only sale last year as well.
In 2015 there was the 9-99 aka Cloud 9 then the Black Friday sale.

rsp
EnGee
KVRAF

4068 posts since 7 Oct, 2005, from Auckland - NZ

Postby EnGee; Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:01 pm Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

Well, I might buy something simple from NI (one of the 4 Reaktor synths: Form, Spark, Rounds or Kontour), but not sure really as I have more than I need :o
I use mainly:
Windows 10 PC with Waldorf Blofeld as my synth/midi controller and HS7 as monitors.
Cubase 9 Pro with synths/instruments/effects mainly from u-he, Air, NI, Steinberg, Waves and Synapse Audio.
ATS
KVRAF

Postby ATS; Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:03 pm Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

I want a puppy
borealfarmer
KVRist

52 posts since 4 Nov, 2017

Postby borealfarmer; Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:07 pm Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

waves diamond bundle 300 dollars sale from 2999 regular.. do I really need that many mixing plugins ... probably not
ATS
KVRAF

Postby ATS; Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:12 pm Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

borealfarmer wrote:waves diamond bundle 300 dollars sale from 2999 regular.. do I really need that many mixing plugins ... probably not

I used to always stick up for Waves but I think a lot of the plugins included with that bundle are just not as good as a lot of the competition.
braj
KVRAF

7953 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:19 pm Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

ATS wrote:
borealfarmer wrote:waves diamond bundle 300 dollars sale from 2999 regular.. do I really need that many mixing plugins ... probably not

I used to always stick up for Waves but I think a lot of the plugins included with that bundle are just not as good as a lot of the competition.

The $2999 price is not a realistic appraisal of their value, it is the same kind of marketing bull that gets used by every huckster everywhere for everything.
ATS
KVRAF

Postby ATS; Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:30 pm Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

braj wrote:
ATS wrote:

The $2999 price is not a realistic appraisal of their value, it is the same kind of marketing bull that gets used by every huckster everywhere for everything.

And with Waves they actually use that price when you buy WUP later. I think they should use what you actually pay. Sort of a racket the way they do it.
sin night
KVRian

1013 posts since 1 Aug, 2006, from Italy

Postby sin night; Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:34 pm Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

I already spent too much (especially last October) and I really have almost everything I need (except a few cables and modules that I will build - I already have the material for the task).

I'm keeping an eye on Native Instruments promotions (just because it's that time of the year), but I think I will pass. It would be nice to have Kontakt, but I don't feel like spending almost 200 (by the way I could crossgrade to Komplete 11 for the same price because I'm a Maschine user, but the differences from Komplete Select are not that worth from me, I wouldn' take much advantage from those additional tools in my music). Maybe I'll get a Maschine expansion if I hear some interesting drums (but I'm really unsure because currently I'm more into drum machines than sampled drums... and I already have lots of samples).

I would upgrade to Halion 6 if Steinberg applies a big discount, but I don't think this could happen.

There's also the intro pricing on the MangledVerb plugin... I already have it on my H9, but I haven't spent any time with it (... when I say I have everything I need...); the plugin would be convenient but I could justify it only if I were using it a lot, so I think I'll spend some time playing with the algorithm (just to see if it's something for me, even if I'm not a fan of distorted sounds), but I will probably pass on this item, too.

The only thing I really need right now is PatchBase to edit my D-05 (but I have to figure out how to handle he midi routing in my studio first). And a new computer for the studio (but not soon, I'll wait at least a few months).ù
Also promotion on Cubasis for iOS would be nice because then I could upgrade my LE and get some useful features (by the way, I never used it untill now; I prefer using my pc when I'm in the studio). I don't need it, of course...

I'm happy that my wishlist is almost empty and it's gong to stay so for a while (by the way it's also a strage feeling).
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF

3878 posts since 7 Jan, 2005, from Corporate States of America

Postby Jace-BeOS; Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:14 pm Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

I want Black Friday to end.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud
ghettosynth
KVRAF

9798 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:01 pm Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

Jace-BeOS wrote:I want Black Friday to end.

It will, until then, be happy for us! We're gonna get DEALZ!
dune_rave
KVRian

986 posts since 22 Jun, 2006, from Hungary

Postby dune_rave; Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:36 pm Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

What Do You Want?
Hm...., nothing from NI. Not really want, But Avenger expansions for ~20 would be good...
http://www.youtube.com/user/softsynthportal?hl=en
Plugin preference: U-he, Rob Papen, KV331, Lennardigital, GForce, NI
DAW preference: Reaper, FL Studio
ghettosynth
KVRAF

9798 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:21 pm Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

V0RT3X wrote:I'm on the fence right now because I can get the Komplete 11 Ultimate upgrade for $299.50

You want the Ultimate upgrade, seriously. I did the math on the last sale. Even buying used you don't have to make use of very many of the products before it becomes awesome value. The used prices on the ultimate products seem to be a bit higher on average than the standard products.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments