Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New

Happy with your DAW?

pmimran
KVRer

6 posts since 2 May, 2009

Postby pmimran; Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:54 pm Re: Happy with your DAW?

Yes I use cubase and I am very happy

Patrick Mimran
pattonfreak1
KVRAF

2863 posts since 15 Feb, 2007, from ...in the butt

Postby pattonfreak1; Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:47 am Re: Happy with your DAW?

Happy? Sort of...
More like content.
Seems with every REAPER update one problem gets solved but a new one appears. I wish i coukd just add a few features from version 5 to version 3.78.
Vers.3.78 was the last version that ran absolutely flawless for me.
However it's not bad enough (yet) to warrant switching to a different DAW.
braj
KVRAF

7942 posts since 4 Feb, 2004

Postby braj; Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:24 pm Re: Happy with your DAW?

I just started swearing at Reaper for not playing back my instrument tracks and selectively being a bugger just to piss me off when I realized I put my cell phone on top of a mic's solo button on my keyboard. I'm just getting old, and that's not Reapers fault. Sorry Reaper.
outside
KVRer

20 posts since 6 Jun, 2016, from Dublin, Ireland

Postby outside; Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:15 am Re: Happy with your DAW?

Made a switch from ableton to fl studio 12 and couldn't be happier. It's very open DAW, no rules - you get all the freedom, and very fast to get ideas going - mostly due to its phenomenal piano roll and playlist editing abilities. It looks and feels very nice too with it's vector based UI interface and smooth animations - just makes a big overall difference to me when it comes to playability and creativity. I can see why lots of people love Ableton, but feel like FL Studio was made for me. Then there's Harmor. What can I say, definitely wasn't expecting to be mindblown by the switch, always thought DAW is just a DAW.
I'm such a robot when it comes to work.
pekbro
KVRian

1176 posts since 29 Sep, 2010, from Maui

Postby pekbro; Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:22 am Re: Happy with your DAW?

I'm usually very happy with all 10 of my DAWs, kid u not... Actually 11, but I guess I'm not so happy with Sonar anymore, but thats Cakewalk's fault not Sonars.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)