Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New
yellowmix
KVRist

226 posts since 10 Aug, 2012

Postby yellowmix; Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:28 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

omiroad wrote:What did Numanoid do then?

Got unnecessarily sassy with a moderator. On a personal level.
Ryan99
KVRist

489 posts since 29 Nov, 2011

Postby Ryan99; Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:50 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

yellowmix wrote:
omiroad wrote:What did Numanoid do then?

Got unnecessarily sassy with a moderator. On a personal level.

Looks like he's better at posting deals than at using his judgment correctly. After being banned, one would think someone would be more careful.
ATS
KVRAF

5296 posts since 20 Dec, 2002, from MD USA

Postby ATS; Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:52 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Uncle E wrote:
Caine123 wrote:Im thinking about getting izotope rx 6 crossgrade. Anyone knows if it is worth $199 and if it was cheaper?

If you own either Music Production Bundle, you can get RX 6 when you crossgrade to the Music Production Suite.

Are you going to have the Output stuff for 25% off Uncle E? Looking for the cheapest place to get it.
wfm
KVRer

13 posts since 18 May, 2010

Postby wfm; Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:20 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Just got the Gobbler email that my Slate Everything bundle will renew on 11/21 for $179.

Just have to wonder if I should cancel my subscription & then 're-up' when the Slate Black Friday deals get posted. Thoughts?
ghettosynth
KVRAF

9799 posts since 13 Oct, 2009

Postby ghettosynth; Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:27 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

wfm wrote:Just got the Gobbler email that my Slate Everything bundle will renew on 11/21 for $179.

Just have to wonder if I should cancel my subscription & then 're-up' when the Slate Black Friday deals get posted. Thoughts?

Of course. If you aren't going to get a preferential price for maintaining a constant subscription then it only costs you a few days of not having the plugins. If those few days of loss are not worth more to you than the potential savings then that brackets your maximum loss.

You might not save anything, but if there's a deal, you will be able to take advantage of it.
Tappistry
KVRist

236 posts since 2 Aug, 2017, from San Diego, CA

Postby Tappistry; Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:05 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Too bad the NI sale doesn't seem to be very much geared toward NI noobs (aka people who haven't bought anything yet). The S61 keyboard bundle with Komplete seemed tempting at first, but then I realized from the fine print that the Komplete license seems like it would be tied to the hardware for the promotional pricing. No go for me, especially if I ever decide to change hardware.

Great deals though, if you were thinking about upgrading an older version of Komplete.
Tappistry
KVRist

236 posts since 2 Aug, 2017, from San Diego, CA

Postby Tappistry; Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:07 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

wfm wrote:Just got the Gobbler email that my Slate Everything bundle will renew on 11/21 for $179.

Gotta master the art of the takeaway. Walk away and see if they beg you to come back. ;)

IMO there's a lot of competition to Slate with smaller developers who offer lifetime licenses (or seldom paid major updates) on their plugins and offer comparable or superior products. Sonimus and Tokyo Dawn Labs come to mind, just to name a couple.
mzymandias
KVRer

3 posts since 13 Nov, 2015

Postby mzymandias; Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:21 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

shonky wrote:I'm debating whether to get Komplete for around £160 crossgrade price or just nab individual instruments - although bang for buck says the bundle is a good idea, I'm increasingly thinking to myself that too many options leads to less actually getting done, spending time learning the intricacies of each individual instrument rather than making tunes.

Mind you, given that two or three instruments will work out roughly the same, the bundle does seem to make more sense.

Through what means can you get it for £160? Best way I've seen to crossgrade is still £300 or so. Or do you already have a few individual plug ins?
shonky
KVRist

363 posts since 21 Nov, 2005

Postby shonky; Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:30 pm Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

mzymandias wrote:
shonky wrote:I'm debating whether to get Komplete for around £160 crossgrade price or just nab individual instruments - although bang for buck says the bundle is a good idea, I'm increasingly thinking to myself that too many options leads to less actually getting done, spending time learning the intricacies of each individual instrument rather than making tunes.

Mind you, given that two or three instruments will work out roughly the same, the bundle does seem to make more sense.

Through what means can you get it for £160? Best way I've seen to crossgrade is still £300 or so. Or do you already have a few individual plug ins?

Picked up Kontakt in the last NI sale in July on a crossgrade deal for some free libraries I nabbed last BF. Which I think means the total cost of Komplete, including buying Kontakt would be around £260.
mutantdog
KVRian

1185 posts since 21 Sep, 2007, from The Infinite Void

Postby mutantdog; Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:03 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

The usual reminder for those that don't already know.

Sennheiser Drummic'a is a free Kontakt Player instrument, it qualifies for crossgrade to the full version of Kontakt which can then be used to crossgrade up to Komplete. Works out a lot cheaper that way.

http://sennheiser.us/drummica.html

The page is all in German but its a pretty straightforward process to register and get your serial.

There's an old thread on here about it too. http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=441404
Subversia - Wrench EP out now.
Soundcloud - Twitter - Facebook
mgw38
KVRist

464 posts since 26 Jul, 2015, from Philadelphia

Postby mgw38; Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:06 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Tappistry wrote:Too bad the NI sale doesn't seem to be very much geared toward NI noobs (aka people who haven't bought anything yet). The S61 keyboard bundle with Komplete seemed tempting at first, but then I realized from the fine print that the Komplete license seems like it would be tied to the hardware for the promotional pricing. No go for me, especially if I ever decide to change hardware.

Great deals though, if you were thinking about upgrading an older version of Komplete.

I think only the activation process is tied to the hardware. Once it is activated you should be able to use whatever hardware you want.
shidostrife
KVRist

423 posts since 22 Nov, 2016

Postby shidostrife; Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:23 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

mgw38 wrote:
Tappistry wrote:Too bad the NI sale doesn't seem to be very much geared toward NI noobs (aka people who haven't bought anything yet). The S61 keyboard bundle with Komplete seemed tempting at first, but then I realized from the fine print that the Komplete license seems like it would be tied to the hardware for the promotional pricing. No go for me, especially if I ever decide to change hardware.

I think only the activation process is tied to the hardware. Once it is activated you should be able to use whatever hardware you want.

It is tied to the keyboard's registration. When you sell the keyboard, you also have to transfer the registration so the new user could use the komplete kontrol software. However, komplete select that comes with it (and maybe the upgrade) will go together with it.
DrMEM
KVRer

20 posts since 6 Aug, 2017

Postby DrMEM; Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:36 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

mutantdog wrote:The usual reminder for those that don't already know.

Sennheiser Drummic'a is a free Kontakt Player instrument, it qualifies for crossgrade to the full version of Kontakt which can then be used to crossgrade up to Komplete. Works out a lot cheaper that way.

http://sennheiser.us/drummica.html

The page is all in German but its a pretty straightforward process to register and get your serial.

There's an old thread on here about it too. http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=441404

I have been trying to do this for the last week. I was able to register but the download isn't accessible. I keep getting the error "Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /sennheiser/drummica/static/DrumMicA.zip on this server."

Has anyone else been able to download it?
jasco
KVRist

183 posts since 25 Aug, 2002, from Leeds

Postby jasco; Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:54 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

I'm tempted to crossgrade/upgrade to Komplete, but NI have disabled the license transfer service so I'm not sure which of the plugins I already have I am able to offload afterwards :?
dandezebra
KVRist

70 posts since 21 Dec, 2013, from USA

Postby dandezebra; Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:04 am Re: Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

I want to as well (I have Komplete 9) but I kind of want to wait for 12 to come out sometime...with maybe Kontakt 6 and other updates!
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)