Bargain Center: discussion, gossip, etc.

Buy and sell, post special offers, group buys, etc. NOT product announcements.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

LGK_Dude wrote:Expose vs Levels - anyone compare the two products?
Expose is a standalone app that you load your tracks into to analyze.
Levels is a plugin that you use to check your track with during mixing/mastering in real time.

Im thinking about getting izotope rx 6 crossgrade. Anyone knows if it is worth $199 and if it was cheaper?
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Caine123 if you record vocals or track anything live the Rx Standard Crossgrade is good product; largely because of a couple plugins that aren't in the lowest level of the product .. Mouth declick (outstanding) , decrackle (equal to Waves ) breath control (not bad but I get better results manually), deplosive , spectral denoise, and spectral repair. If they sold Mouth Declick separately I would have been happy with elements as I have other products that can handle the other duties reasonably well but the mouth declick is really exceptional.

There are differences that I haven't explored yet such as de-reverb, resample, dither , pitch contout, interpolate and any of those might make the upgrade worthwhile to you depending on your use scenario. My DAW and wavelab does some of this.

I did the crossgrade after demoing the the bundle and tested it while cleaning up a bunch of vocal tracks and realized that I didn't want to be without it.

I wish it were a bit more affordable but it is a lot of product for the money and very good at what it does.

Here is the comparison table between the versions. I don't own the advanced product just the RX 6 Standard.

https://www.izotope.com/en/products/rep ... tures.html

Numanoid got suspended again? But... but... Black Friday is coming. :pray:
Check the re-sellers, don't check the re-sellers. I don't care.

Say it ain’t so. Num, get back in here.

Numanoid, you lazy ass, why aren’t you sharing all of your bargain finds anymore? I was always looking forward to your discoveries.

It was pretty obvious. He got pretty upset when he was first suspended and nobody took his side.

So, no more Numanoid bargains for you!

What did Numanoid do then?

Caine123 wrote:Im thinking about getting izotope rx 6 crossgrade. Anyone knows if it is worth $199 and if it was cheaper?
If you own either Music Production Bundle, you can get RX 6 when you crossgrade to the Music Production Suite.

e@rs wrote:It was pretty obvious. He got pretty upset when he was first suspended and nobody took his side.

So, no more Numanoid bargains for you!
I don't recall getting an opportunity to take his side - I didn't even know he got suspended, other than his sudden disappearance. But now he's just gone too far - it's bordering negligence, as far as I'm concerned.

I was thinking of getting Reaktor on NI’s latest sale. Is it worth it if I already have a large amount of plugins? $99 is a nice price though... :wink:

Examigan wrote:I was thinking of getting Reaktor on NI’s latest sale. Is it worth it if I already have a large amount of plugins? $99 is a nice price though... :wink:
I've owned Reaktor 6 for a few months, and $99 I would say is a very good price point for it, if you're really into experimenting and getting a bit weird with your sounds. Basically it's like a giant, digital LEGO box for building synthesizers, which I personally love about it.

Now, in terms of learning curve, if you already have a decent grasp on the core principles of synthesis, and a bit of math / physics / electronics background, you should have no trouble diving in and making something. Otherwise, I would say there is probably a non-trivial learning curve to pick up the principles of DSP and how to propagate a signal path to create sound. If you start a new project, you literally are starting from a blank canvas, and all the signal routings, etc. are up to you to decide. Fortunately, there are many ready-made modules in the factory library you can use, along with plenty of tutorials, etc. out there to help you along.

Anyway, even if you don't like building your own stuff, the sheer amount of sounds possible just from factory instruments is also mind boggling. There's ~30 synths and 15 drum machines, and while a lot of them tend more towards the experimental side of things, there's also some good bread-and-butter synths like Carbon 2, too. There's some super high quality stuff in the Reaktor User Library, too, running the gamut from virtual analogue, to front-patching modular synths, to whatever the hell this thing is: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/r ... show/5747/

I've got to say, I don't use Reaktor a whole lot in comparison to more "daily driver" synths, but I really enjoy looking under the hood and tinkering with it, which I feel helps me appreciate and understand the core principles of synthesis. Not to mention using it to make weird, evolving sounds, which is fun in its own way, too.

I'm debating whether to get Komplete for around £160 crossgrade price or just nab individual instruments - although bang for buck says the bundle is a good idea, I'm increasingly thinking to myself that too many options leads to less actually getting done, spending time learning the intricacies of each individual instrument rather than making tunes.

Mind you, given that two or three instruments will work out roughly the same, the bundle does seem to make more sense.

shonky wrote:I'm debating whether to get Komplete for around £160 crossgrade price or just nab individual instruments - although bang for buck says the bundle is a good idea, I'm increasingly thinking to myself that too many options leads to less actually getting done, spending time learning the intricacies of each individual instrument rather than making tunes.

Mind you, given that two or three instruments will work out roughly the same, the bundle does seem to make more sense.

I hear you about too many options. It really makes sense to go with the bundle though and you can choose what to install and what not to.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

omiroad wrote:What did Numanoid do then?
Got unnecessarily sassy with a moderator. On a personal level.

Return to “Sell & Buy (+Special Offers, Deals & Promos)”