Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New

V-Machine

Ojd
KVRist

35 posts since 6 Nov, 2009

Postby Ojd; Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:26 pm Re: V-Machine

I suspect it might be overheating problem (CPU/Motherboard overheat).
Thermal paste has dried (its been 10 years since the HW has been produced). You can get it in ANY computer store.
Heatsink is not touching CPU enough.

I'd say open up VM and change the thermal paste. Make sure heatsink touches CPU - it should blow out HOT air as soon as it starts. If air is not hot (or even cold) - not enough contact with CPU. When repairing the thing be extra carefull with heatsink/motherboard mounting. Its made of really fragile metal.
Gennadius
KVRer

4 posts since 12 Nov, 2017

Postby Gennadius; Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:33 am Re: V-Machine

Думаю что проблема в процессоре. Если часто его выключать и включать снова после того как он завис, то он работает до зависания всё меньше и меньше времени. Видно от того что процессор с каждым разом всё больше нагревается и по тому всё меньше времени он работает до зависания. Но как решить эту проблему? Ведь процессор не заменишь сам.
Gennadius
KVRer

Postby Gennadius; Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:36 am Re: V-Machine

I think that the problem is in the processor. If you turn it off frequently and turn it on again after it hangs, it works until it hangs up less and less. It can be seen from the fact that the processor every time more and more heated, and by that less and less time it works until it hangs. But how to solve this problem? You can not replace the processor yourself.
Gennadius
KVRer

Postby Gennadius; Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:02 pm Re: V-Machine

I also thought that heat is not transmitted to the radiator, but that's not the point. then there's no way to fix it if the problem is in the processor, right?
estelios
KVRer

1 post since 27 Dec, 2009

Postby estelios; Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:47 am Re: V-Machine

Hello everybody.
My V-Machine won't boot. The screen lights on and the V-Machine message is there, the progress bar goes on but ... at the end I get the timeout message. One more strange symptom is that the fan does not start at all.
There is no USB device connected and I have not made any other modifications.
Any suggestions?
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hardware (Instruments and Effects)