how is support from DMG Audio & oeksound?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wrote them each an email and waiting, how is their support normally? :)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I've contacted DMG a couple times in the past with questions about their products / feature request / pricing nothing in regards to bugs or urgent issues. I remember them getting back to me within a 1-3 days and being very generous in their responses.
"Yeah Butch tell Paul McCartney what to do..." - Dave Grohl, Sound City

A friend of mine bought several DMG products this past summer and made a mistake with his email address during account creation and couldn't access his user area.

DMG had it all ironed out and got him up and running within an hour or two of being contacted :)
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

I wrote numerous times to DMG months ago about not being able to register an account , never heard anything from them, I use an @outlook.com email - maybe that has something to do with it?? ..... don't see the need to use another email service if so.

Cheers.

Those shoes look silly.
Last edited by samsam on Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ouch!

Nobody's perfect of course. There's a few outstanding bugs on my platform and system in a few of the DMG plugins I use every day for sure, and I would love them quashed. Some of these bugs aren't present in other DAWs on friend's systems, so not always easy to track down I guess.

I also have a lot of love and praise for Voxengo, TDL, Audiothing, klanghelm, u-he and Valhalla. I try and only post on subjects in which I have knowledge or can help with. Thanks for letting me know that I shouldn't bother.

And yes I am affiliated with DMG (beta tester). But I was a customer first and foremost and use these tools 10 hours plus a day with next to no problems.

I recently bought Oeksound Soothe and have been meaning to contact them about adding more contrast to the frequency labelling on the graph. I'll report back if the support is fast and courteous. Or perhaps not!

Scorb
I once thought I had mono for an entire year. It turned out I was just really bored...

djscorb wrote:Ouch!

Nobody's perfect of course. There's a few outstanding bugs on my platform and system in a few of the DMG plugins I use every day for sure, and I would love them quashed. Some of these bugs aren't present in other DAWs on friend's systems, so not always easy to track down I guess.

I also have a lot of love and praise for Voxengo, TDL, Audiothing, klanghelm, u-he and Valhalla. I try and only post on subjects in which I have knowledge or can help with. Thanks for letting me know that I shouldn't bother.

And yes I am affiliated with DMG (beta tester). But I was a customer first and foremost and use these tools 10 hours plus a day with next to no problems.

I recently bought Oeksound Soothe and have been meaning to contact them about adding more contrast to the frequency labelling on the graph. I'll report back if the support is fast and courteous. Or perhaps not!

Scorb
Your knowledge and experience is always very valuable to the rest of us! :D

:hug:

In fairness, I am probably not the best one to comment on DMG support as I have a direct line so to speak, but that's why I posted about my friend's experience.

Not sure what Samsam means about shitting on other Devs, who has the time for that?

Legitimate criticism should be fine on an open public board, so if I've bashed any one it was probably a certain company with a dinosaur logo on their plugins, but there's a long queue of users with the same or similar complaints and it is just personal opinion. People can make up their own minds on such things after reading around.

Some people are just out for a fight without contributing to a topic in any meaningful way. I mean what type of psycho would wish to go back in time to boycott a company based on the perceived actions of another guy on the internet they have never met. :roll:

Cheers

Scorb

Last edited by Vortifex on Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Thx for ur replies. I hope both get back soon. I try to more and more buy products from companies which are trustworthy and with dmg audio i bought a nfr license but hope im good with them. Read so much good stuff so imma wait.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

I deleted my post 2 hours before scorb decided to milk it a bit more. Love your interpretation of my post, silky smooth way with words you have.

Does Peter hang out in other companies' launch threads promoting IK stuff ahead of its launch?

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/search.ph ... sf=msgonly

As I originally wrote, Dave comes across great IMO.

Anyway OP enjoy your DMG plugs, it is quality software.

Peter works for and is paid a salary by his company.

Beta testers don't get paid, are not employees, and therefore don't represent the company in the way you are implying. Testers often receive a NFR licence at the discretion of the developer, but that doesn't make them a paid PR rep.

To beta test you have to be pretty passionate about the tools. I am, and offer no apologies for being enthusiastic about great plug ins, whether that be for any of the companies listed above, or one I happen to occasionally beta test for.

If you accuse someone of being a shill, then expect a rebuttal if they aren't.

The fact you deleted your post suggests it wasn't actually fair or useful.

Peace.

Hmmmm still no reply from both

Remember they are both very small indie companies. If you check the trackcomp thread on GS you woukd know that Dave is recovering from a cold and trying to catch up with bug fixing and support emails.

Whilst I prefer to support smaller companies, it's worth realising that a cold or holiday often means a lack of support for a few days/couple of weeks.

I received an email from Oeksound about an upcoming plugin called Spiff, a black friday deal and an invitation to get in touch with feedback on Soothe before it gets an update /further development.

I'm sure they aren't twiddling their thumbs, Likely busy with stuff that benefits as many customers at once as possible.

How about you reiterate what you want to know from support here? Another user might be able to help, or the devs might see it here. Might help you quicker, especially if one or both of your mails got lost in the pancake! ;)

Cheers

Scorb

djscorb wrote:
The fact you deleted your post suggests it wasn't actually fair or useful.
No, the fact that I deleted the post is because I know myself very well and wanted to de-escalate.

I have linked the post which i remembered as ugly, yours on IK thread. I stand by it, it's ugly for somebody who appears connected with a company to have people posting stuff like that. I stand by it.

What kind of psycho thinks like me? My kind of psycho, that's who.

There is, for example, a synth company here who has a couple of people associated with him that mean I will never buy from the dev. No biggie. However, there's an effect company I bough from that now has somebody like you, an opinionated beta tester, so every time I read that company's thread I have to read that joker. Result? I sold the plug. That's me.

Unfortunately I checked with DMG and my license is edu therefore NFR. So I just deleted it. Again, that's me.
djscorb wrote:
Peace
After lecturing me again you offer 'peace?'

Return to “Effects”