searching for a cheap alternative to sylenth1 (yes it's another "alternate to" thread) but need help

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Apratim wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Functionality and Price Wise: Synthmaster. You can get it for like 60 bucks.

Sound Wise: Nothing. Every Sylenth1 "clone" is around the $150 mark. That's just the reality of it.

All the suggestions above are going to leave you disappointed. So either get Sylenth1 or one of the "Sylenth1 Killers" or learn to live without the sound you want.

And please people. Stop naming synths that don't sound anything like Sylenth1 just because they're cheap. The OP is only going to end up disappointed and frustrated.

Anyway, those are your options.

Good luck.
actually i dont like the sound of sylenth1(because i like digital sounds) i only want the interface of sylenth1 or a single screen GUI with 4 oscillators and and some good filters if i wanted a sylenth killer i would have bought a sylenth killer which i have 1 but i want only a single gui for writhing quick melody ideas or something like that.
Judging from what you say, Hive is the first that comes to my mind. Single GUI, 2 osc with 2 subs, good filters and FX. It got bashed by some in KVR for sounding more digital than Sylenth1, but for me that's one the reasons why I bough both Hive and Sylenth1. Workflow is straight forward which makes it my go to synth when i have ideas that need to come out of my head quickly.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

ATN69 wrote:
Apratim wrote:
wagtunes wrote:Functionality and Price Wise: Synthmaster. You can get it for like 60 bucks.

Sound Wise: Nothing. Every Sylenth1 "clone" is around the $150 mark. That's just the reality of it.

All the suggestions above are going to leave you disappointed. So either get Sylenth1 or one of the "Sylenth1 Killers" or learn to live without the sound you want.

And please people. Stop naming synths that don't sound anything like Sylenth1 just because they're cheap. The OP is only going to end up disappointed and frustrated.

Good luck.
actually i dont like the sound of sylenth1(because i like digital sounds) i only want the interface of sylenth1 or a single screen GUI with 4 oscillators and and some good filters if i wanted a sylenth killer i would have bought a sylenth killer which i have 1 but i want only a single gui for writhing quick melody ideas or something like that.
Judging from what you say, Hive is the first that comes to my mind. Single GUI, 2 osc with 2 subs, good filters and FX. It got bashed by some in KVR for sounding more digital than Sylenth1, but for me that's one the reasons why I bough both Hive and Sylenth1. Workflow is straight forward which makes it my go to synth when i have ideas that need to come out of my head quickly.
i loved hive for single gui but the prize is not worth that much because i will be using it for laying some quick ideas thats all and later replace with my own "so called-complex" sound
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Apratim wrote:
ATN69 wrote:
Apratim wrote:

Good luck.
i loved hive for single gui but the prize is not worth that much because i will be using it for laying some quick ideas thats all and later replace with my own "so called-complex" sound
It's not a cheap synth and U-he doesn't have sales. I do however see Hive in the KVR second hand market from time to time so you could snag a license a bit cheaper if you are patient, and keep your eyes open ;)
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

Okay, I just went through my 100 plus VSTs and these are the only ones that come close.

Blue 2 - 6 oscillators. Does have a tab system however for certain screens.

Spectral - 4 oscillators. Company still sells it but no longer supports it. Interface close to your specs.

Spire - 4 oscillators. But probably one of your Sylenth1 killers so probably a no go.

Synthmaster - 4 oscillators but spread over 2 layers and lots of tabs on this thing.

Wiggle - 4 oscillators. Not too many tabs. Most things on one screen but a bit complex.

And that's it. Everything else seems to be capped at 4 oscillators or modular with an interface that doesn't come close to what you're looking for.

Of course I don't own every VST in existence (Only most of them) so maybe there is something out there that I am aware of that meets your specifications. But I highly doubt it.

Good luck.

Good luck.
He can try the demo version of whichever synth anyone recommends and make up his own mind. ANA was one of the first competitors to Sylenth1. There is a new version of ANA that I am really looking forward to.

Audjoo Helix is at least as powerful as Sylenth and for $75 it's a freaking steal. The gui just takes some time to get used to.

In view of the new rent-to-own payment option, why don't you just get Sylenth1? Demo it thoroughly so that you don't lose money by canceling your payment after a few months should you not like it after all. Unless you are poor, the price of Sylenth1 is no longer an issue in my view.

Someone here said they don't like it because it doesn't sound digital. In other threads people said it doesn't sound analog. Makes you wonder what people are hearing and expecting to hear 8)

fluffy_little_something wrote:In view of the new rent-to-own payment option, why don't you just get Sylenth1? Demo it thoroughly so that you don't lose money by canceling your payment after a few months should you not like it after all. Unless you are poor, the price of Sylenth1 is no longer an issue in my view.

Someone here said they don't like it because it doesn't sound digital. In other threads people said it doesn't sound analog. Makes you wonder what people are hearing and expecting to hear 8)
I think the OP said he didn't like the sound of Sylenth1 but is looking for something with a similar architecture and 4 oscillators. Those are his criteria. Oh, and everything on one screen if possible.

Lot to ask for if you ask me.

I don't understand. What's so special about having 4 oscillators? Would you use them all the time? Can't you just layer 2 synths/instances (I often do so :)) if you want a big/full sound or use unison in some cases?

Sylenth is not a one screen GUI, but tabbed two screens with 2 osc per layer. No problem, but just saying. I personally like Sylenth1 especially for its sound (ocillators and filters), not particularly for its GUI or layout.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

braj wrote:Synthmaster One is on sale this month for $40, and if you do the demo and let it time out, it is only $32. It is a wavetable synth with lots of waveforms.
This. ^^^

For the money is a no-brainer! :tu:

SynthMaster One is a single layer UI, with 4 oscillators (counting the 2 subs).

You can load many waveforms, including single cycle waveforms, into the subs (except for wavetables).
Each SynthMaster One oscillator has an associated sub oscillator, for use as an audible signal generator or a main oscillator modulation source.
Waveform: Sets the sub oscillator to output a Sine, Triangle, Square or Sawtooth wave, one of eight
noise types, or a wave from SynthMaster One's Waveforms library.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

zzz00m wrote:
braj wrote:Synthmaster One is on sale this month for $40, and if you do the demo and let it time out, it is only $32. It is a wavetable synth with lots of waveforms.
This. ^^^

You can load many waveforms, including single cycle waveforms, into the subs (except for wavetables).
Each SynthMaster One oscillator has an associated sub oscillator, for use as an audible signal generator or a main oscillator modulation source.
Waveform: Sets the sub oscillator to output a Sine, Triangle, Square or Sawtooth wave, one of eight

I can't speak for the OP but I don't consider sub oscillators as oscillators because there is very little you can do with them.

And to answer somebody else, layering 2 synths with 2 oscillators each is not the same as having a 4 oscillator synth for obvious reasons that I'm not going to get into.

sqigls wrote:Hybrid 3?
can pick it up mega cheap second hand in the KVR marketplace
or Synthmaster is on sale
Hybrid 3 is an underrated synth, but not for full price.

You can get it free with a controller bundle, or as part on the AIR complete instrument bundle. Get all the AIR synths for about $75 total, if you upgrade to the bundle from any single AIR instrument.

It has two layers, with 3 oscillators each. Actually 4 osc per layer if you count the sub osc.

Each layer has its own sequencer, so you can get thick moving parts with this thing. Also includes 100 wavetables for use in osc 1 & 2.

You can really get some good sounds out of this thing, plus it comes with some great presets to work with!

If you can't work a deal on this thing, SynthMaster One would be the obvious better choice. In fact get SM One anyway! :hyper:

wagtunes wrote:
zzz00m wrote:
This. ^^^

I can't speak for the OP but I don't consider sub oscillators as oscillators because there is very little you can do with them.

And to answer somebody else, layering 2 synths with 2 oscillators each is not the same as having a 4 oscillator synth for obvious reasons that I'm not going to get into.
Well you clearly didn't read the above carefully before making your statement. They are clearly useful in SM One.

zzz00m wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
zzz00m wrote:
This. ^^^

Well you clearly didn't read the above carefully before making your statement. They are clearly useful in SM One.
Well, I have SM One and I'm not saying that they aren't useful or that I don't use them, but they have limited functionality compared to a regular oscillator.

wagtunes wrote:
zzz00m wrote:
This. ^^^

I know, but how many of your sounds use all 4 oscillators? Besides, I think mixing different synths is an interesting approach (and widely used afaik), because you can get sounds that you couldn't make with one of them.
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Return to “Instruments”