32-bit daw + 64-bit external sampler is it possible?

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

32-bit daw + 64-bit external sampler is it possible? Provided that 32-bit daw has no rewire or other technology to connect externally.
samplitude is the best daw for me. To have studio like sound before asking questions on any audio forums in the internet please read the book by alex unlocking fx creative potential

According to this article, rewire works on both 32-bit and 64-bit apps. Though I don't know if you could connect 32-bit and 64-bit apps together.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReWire_ ... _protocol)

External Sampler #1 suggestions
Vienna Ensemble Pro might support that. You can have external gear on same computer or through network anywhere on other computer.

https://www.vsl.co.at/en/Vienna_Softwar ... semble_PRO

External Sampler #2 - meaning hardware like synth - of course you can.

solomute wrote:32-bit daw + 64-bit external sampler is it possible? Provided that 32-bit daw has no rewire or other technology to connect externally.
it depends. depends on the daw, the sampler, your OS, possibly your soundcard and what other tools you have.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

There's some relevant DAW app that hasn't gone 64 bit yet? Or does "DAW" in this case mean the computer itself, running a 32 bit OS?

lfm wrote:External Sampler #1 suggestions
Vienna Ensemble Pro might support that.
You can host your sampler plugin in the 32-bit server and run it alongside the 64-bit server.

If you send audio to it to process, it works as an external rack does, IE., you have to render the result in real-time. Otherwise it's a plugins host with a mixer which connects to DAW as a plugin.

As far as connecting things from the outside world, including controllers, to VE Pro: last time I looked at it it was still the case that it may work but is not officially supported. The idea is 'server farm' via Ethernet/LAN rather than require second, third etc soundcards and porting audio back to the sequencng host. It has grown due to feature requests but not that radically.

By external sampler i have meant not hw sampler but a standalone sampler. The daw i want to use has no rewire.
samplitude is the best daw for me. To have studio like sound before asking questions on any audio forums in the internet please read the book by alex unlocking fx creative potential

No one can really sort you here until more is known, which sampler/which host etc

the normal way of connecting a standalone to a sequencing host/DAW is to port MIDI to it via something, on Mac something like IAC and port the audio back via Lightpipe or what-have-you.
That norm assumes a second machine running it, ie. this was the way things were done back in the day with Gigasampler. So if it isn't on a second machine one supposes you'd be looking for a virtual connection for the audio particularly. But no one knows what the sampler even is yet.

We're talking about doing it in one OS/computer? Then it is possible to install MIDI loopback adapter and play the sampler from your DAW to different MIDI channels in your sampler [e.g. Kontakt], but this way you only get as much audio outputs and no mixing and plugins, as your audio card supports. Simply put you only get MIDI from your DAW into the sampler and no audio.

It would be easier if you mentioned your computer specs like OS and your audio card especially.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

jancivil wrote:
lfm wrote:External Sampler #1 suggestions
Vienna Ensemble Pro might support that.
You can host your sampler plugin in the 32-bit server and run it alongside the 64-bit server.

If you send audio to it to process, it works as an external rack does, IE., you have to render the result in real-time. Otherwise it's a plugins host with a mixer which connects to DAW as a plugin.

As far as connecting things from the outside world, including controllers, to VE Pro: last time I looked at it it was still the case that it may work but is not officially supported. The idea is 'server farm' via Ethernet/LAN rather than require second, third etc soundcards and porting audio back to the sequencng host. It has grown due to feature requests but not that radically.
Thanks, really good to hear. If getting a new computer I probably get VEP and run some things on my current computer to use for biggest libraries - then moved to network.

I want to use sawstudio 32bit + kontakt 64bit on windows. can vep do it?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”