Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
imrae
KVRist

125 posts since 2 Jul, 2010

Postby imrae; Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:52 am Re: Which Companies Score a 10/10? - In Effects [with List Updates]

Klanghelm, Tokyo Dawn and AudioThing for me. Different business models but they all respect their users. They don't quite hit your requirements for a website, but I don't find that so important; they have functional user areas/downloads and are active here on KVR.

Sound-wise and feature-wise I find AudioThing slightly less consistently impressive than the other two, but as their stuff is more creativity-oriented than mix-oriented that's to be expected and taste becomes a bigger factor. They're also generous about upgrading and adding features.
e@rs
KVRAF

3243 posts since 15 Dec, 2011, from Bucharest, Romania

Postby e@rs; Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:29 am Re: Which Companies Score a 10/10? - In Effects [with List Updates]

10bd01 wrote:Sonic Charge is a new name for me, e@rs, thx!

You've missed the most amazing/unique developer of audio plugins... :wink:
e@rs
KVRAF

Postby e@rs; Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:33 am Re: Which Companies Score a 10/10? - In Effects [with List Updates]

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
e@rs wrote:Sonic Charge

I'll '+1' on that! Permut8 is Goals! :tu:

Echobode is incredible too. Sooooo versatile. :o
10bd01
KVRist

109 posts since 14 Sep, 2016

Postby 10bd01; Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:37 am Re: Which Companies Score a 10/10? - In Effects [with List Updates]

e@rs wrote:Echobode is incredible too. Sooooo versatile. :o

I thought the Bitspeak video on their site was pretty impressive.
Mister Natural
KVRAF

2098 posts since 28 Oct, 2007, from michigan

Postby Mister Natural; Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:43 am Re: Which Companies Score a 10/10? - In Effects [with List Updates]

e@rs wrote:Echobode is incredible too. Sooooo versatile. :o

love EBode also - almost included that one but it's a bit of a CPU hog
"the digital photo of that guitar just doesn't have the same warmth as an analog photo for me"
https://soundcloud.com/mrnatural-1/tracks
e@rs
KVRAF

Postby e@rs; Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:49 am Re: Which Companies Score a 10/10? - In Effects [with List Updates]

^I'm really surprised... Echobode a CPU hog? Really?
10bd01
KVRist

Postby 10bd01; Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:56 am Re: Which Companies Score a 10/10? - In Effects [with List Updates]

Wow, Echobode does sound awesome. Thanks, doodz!

:phones:
tappert
KVRist

60 posts since 27 Apr, 2012

Postby tappert; Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:00 am Re: Which Companies Score a 10/10? - In Effects [with List Updates]

I would add U-He to the list. Satin and Presswerk are great and the Company is irreproachable, from communication to support, they deserve a 10/10 score.
10bd01
KVRist

Postby 10bd01; Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:26 am Re: Which Companies Score a 10/10? - In Effects [with List Updates]

tappert wrote:I would add U-He to the list. Satin and Presswerk are great and the Company is irreproachable, from communication to support, they deserve a 10/10 score.

Added. Thanks, tappert!
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

8951 posts since 24 May, 2009, from A galaxy, far far away

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:35 am Re: Which Companies Score a 10/10? - In Effects [with List Updates]

e@rs wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:
e@rs wrote:Sonic Charge

I'll '+1' on that! Permut8 is Goals! :tu:

Echobode is incredible too. Sooooo versatile. :o

Tried it when it was first released, but it didn't immediately grab me. Guess I didn't give it much of a chance. Permut8, on the other hand, blew me away. Still does :love: One day I might even learn how to make it do my bidding. Until then, the random button + tweaking gives me a lot of joy.

Gotta love the whole firmware thing, also :o
Last edited by el-bo (formerly ebow) on Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
rod_zero
KVRAF

2574 posts since 28 Jan, 2011, from MEXICO

Postby rod_zero; Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:37 am Re: Which Companies Score a 10/10? - In Effects [with List Updates]

In my experience:

Fabfilter (great videos for promoting)
Valhalla (great product, fair price)
U-he (great service, great sound)
Klanghelm (fair price, great sound)
Native instruments, may not have "great" customer service but to me their products have always worked fine, their licensing is very fair (no questions and no fees when transferring and now it is automated), marketing is also fair ( a single sale for individual products along the year).

There are a few companies that I find their marketing intolerable: Slate, Izotope and Waves. Izotope was a complete letdown when I owned some products by them, GUI wise and they spam they hell out of your mail.

I also don't care that much about CPU use, I have never found an effect too hungry, but I also only use lots of effects after bouncing the instruments.
dedication to flying
Liero
KVRian

881 posts since 6 Mar, 2004

Postby Liero; Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:58 am Re: Which Companies Score a 10/10? - In Effects [with List Updates]

IMO Fabfilter is the only one that deserves a true 10.

Valhalla, *great* interface?
Tritik, *great* sound?
U-he, *great* website?

I think not. :)
soulone82
KVRian

688 posts since 16 Aug, 2010, from almost everywhere...

Postby soulone82; Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:20 pm Re: Which Companies Score a 10/10? - In Effects [with List Updates]

Liero wrote:Tritik, *great* sound?

Hell yeah!

:party: :tu: :borg: :love:
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

8951 posts since 24 May, 2009, from A galaxy, far far away

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:34 pm Re: Which Companies Score a 10/10? - In Effects [with List Updates]

Liero wrote:Valhalla, *great* interface?

Yup! :shrug:
DJErmac
KVRist

327 posts since 25 Apr, 2009, from Fr

Postby DJErmac; Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:01 pm Re: Which Companies Score a 10/10? - In Effects

10bd01 wrote:
DJErmac wrote:DMG Audio
Not a lot of things to say on their support though, I don't need it much. The rest is perfect imo.

Actually, DKErmac, that's actually the best support of all. The best customer support is never needing to contact customer support.
(...)
DMG was already high on my radar, now even more so.

I can add a few words on this, because actually I have been in touch with their support, but not for solving problems. I only had several licence transfers with them and all went very well. In both ways. I purchased second hand licence transfers (EQuick, Equilibrium, Compassion), and sold one (EQuick, not needed anymore after I got Equilibrium). But I never had to deal with technical problems. I once had a technical question, something I thought could be a bug, because I didn't understand why it behaves like this, and they answered with the right answer (it was not a bug).
www.youtube.com/ErmacFrance
(at the moment I'm having fun remixing Sonic The Hedgehog songs again)
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects