Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals
simmo75
KVRian

546 posts since 25 Mar, 2016, from Seattle

Postby simmo75; Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:25 pm Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

pekbro wrote:That upgrade is from Std to the suite btw, normally a $460 upgrade.
So comparatively, that would be Cubase Artist to Pro, I seriously doubt that you can do that for $60.

No man, the $270 upgrade is from Live 9 Suite to 10 Suite... I love using Live but that's a piss take for a new font and few new devices.

Edit: I know they've added more features but I'm still disappointed
pekbro
KVRian

1300 posts since 29 Sep, 2010, from Maui

Postby pekbro; Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:36 pm Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

simmo75 wrote:
pekbro wrote:That upgrade is from Std to the suite btw, normally a $460 upgrade.
So comparatively, that would be Cubase Artist to Pro, I seriously doubt that you can do that for $60.

No man, the $270 upgrade is from Live 9 Suite to 10 Suite... I love using Live but that's a piss take for a new font and few new devices.

Thats gotta be an error, pretty sure the upgrade from Live 9 Suite to 10 is 200 ish. $270 is the price for me to upgrade from Live 9 Std to 10 Suite. although I got it for 200 ish, because I used my brain a bit.
simmo75
KVRian

546 posts since 25 Mar, 2016, from Seattle

Postby simmo75; Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:48 pm Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

pekbro wrote:
simmo75 wrote:

Thats gotta be an error, pretty sure the upgrade from Live 9 Suite to 10 is 200 ish. $270 is the price for me to upgrade from Live 9 Std to 10 Suite. although I got it for 200 ish, because I used my brain a bit.

I just checked my account and the upgrade cost from Live 9 Suite to 10 Suite is $239 if you do the early bird thing. $299 normally... Thats crazy for what you get.
pekbro
KVRian

1300 posts since 29 Sep, 2010, from Maui

Postby pekbro; Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:56 pm Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

You know, they got people there who's specific job it is to make you happy, when you're not.
In fact, they take it seriously enough to give you an opportunity to rate their performance
afterwards, so they can conceivably reward them in some way.

They want you to upgrade, make no mistake.

-Cheers
Hewitt Huntwork
KVRian

1141 posts since 2 Jun, 2003

Postby Hewitt Huntwork; Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:02 pm Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

This year I made a list of stuff that I want so I could stay focused. Aside from that, I'm always on the lookout for a no-brainer (70% or more off).

The current VST Buzz deal - Beat Machine 1 by Dope VST - I would totally bite at if I didn't already have it.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 678 reviews each day!
Kalamata Kid
KVRAF

2914 posts since 26 Jul, 2001, from Tarpon Springs, Florida, USA

Postby Kalamata Kid; Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:15 pm Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

Looking for great deals on Generative music plugins

and as per Hewitt above I am l
also looking for - no-brainer deals!
but for me it usually takes 90% off to get me to buy.
and some times 100% off gets me going with enthusiasm.
23" 10-touch Monitor and iPad Air as Midi Controllers, iConnectMIDI2+, Windows 10-64bit, Xeon W36900, 12 GB RAM.
tatanka
KVRian

738 posts since 12 Jan, 2014

Postby tatanka; Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:31 pm Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

Hi Kalamata kid:

would be interested which ones you use cause I am very interested in that stuff too. But the ones I know I have never seen in black friday sales (dont know if you count reaktor as "generative", then that would be one thats in this year with the NI deals).
DrMEM
KVRist

33 posts since 6 Aug, 2017

Postby DrMEM; Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:42 pm Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

A few guitars from Ample Sound
All the solo strings from Embertone
EZMix2
Straight2Vinyl
KVRist

70 posts since 9 Mar, 2017

Postby Straight2Vinyl; Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:22 am Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

I've got my eye on Iris 2. 67% off is pretty damn good. I've been thinking of picking up Linnstrument for quite some time as well and a Kontakt based synth would work better than most assuming it didn't overload my PC after loading a couple instances.
Lazylefteye
KVRist

262 posts since 13 Feb, 2015

Postby Lazylefteye; Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:28 am Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

Hoping that Izotope do a deal on Neutron 2 and Trash 2 :)
Kalamata Kid
KVRAF

Postby Kalamata Kid; Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:13 pm Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

tatanka wrote:Hi Kalamata kid:

would be interested which ones you use cause I am very interested in that stuff too. But the ones I know I have never seen in black friday sales (dont know if you count reaktor as "generative", then that would be one thats in this year with the NI deals).

I have Komplete 11 and am thinking of checking out Reaktor. Is there anything generative on sale that works in Reaktor?

Check out this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=492613
23" 10-touch Monitor and iPad Air as Midi Controllers, iConnectMIDI2+, Windows 10-64bit, Xeon W36900, 12 GB RAM.
Kalamata Kid
KVRAF

Postby Kalamata Kid; Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:15 pm Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

Lazylefteye wrote:Hoping that Izotope do a deal on Neutron 2 and Trash 2 :)

Do not know if this will help you any but I got the Trash 2 and DDLY bundle for $29 on 12-30-17
Straight2Vinyl
KVRist

70 posts since 9 Mar, 2017

Postby Straight2Vinyl; Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:23 pm Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

DrMEM wrote:A few guitars from Ample Sound
All the solo strings from Embertone
EZMix2

I hadn't even heard of the Embertone solo strings. Looks like it gets good reviews. I'll have to check out demos when I get home and see how the sound compares to the Sample Modeling string products. I have NI Komplete Ultimate, so I have some decent section strings, but they don't seem suited to more nuanced solo performances.
Last edited by Straight2Vinyl on Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lazylefteye
KVRist

262 posts since 13 Feb, 2015

Postby Lazylefteye; Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:21 pm Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

Kalamata Kid wrote:
Lazylefteye wrote:Hoping that Izotope do a deal on Neutron 2 and Trash 2 :)

Do not know if this will help you any but I got the Trash 2 and DDLY bundle for $29 on 12-30-17

Wow :o That was a good deal.
gaf_thit
KVRist

461 posts since 28 Sep, 2012, from Norway

Postby gaf_thit; Fri Nov 17, 2017 1:47 pm Re: It's That Black Friday Time Again - What Do You Want?

Kalamata Kid wrote:
tatanka wrote:Hi Kalamata kid:

I have Komplete 11 and am thinking of checking out Reaktor. Is there anything generative on sale that works in Reaktor?

Check out this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=492613

There is an amazing Reaktor ensemble, not for sale, but free. Maybe my favourite, but used it far too little so far.
Made by mr. Kjeldsen, the creator of Metaphysical Function, Metaphysical Fabrications: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 7&t=459027

It's evolving, but for something to be generative, does it need midi out?
Hmm...need to learn more about certain expressions
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments