Windows Defender blocking downloads

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Everyone!
So I'm trying to download the Amplesound Ample Guitar M Lite and I keep getting:

AGML_2_3_1 Complete_Installer.exe is unsafe to download and was blocked by Windows Defender Smartscreen.

Why do you think Windows Defender is blocking it and what do I do about it??

Thank You!!

Beau

PS Where do I go to edit my signature? I've been to the UCP and must be overlooking it. Sorry, first time here :)

Windows 10 Pro
Intel Pentium Dual Core 3.50GHz
8GBs RAM
Focusrite 2i2 2nd Generation
Pro Tools First

Turn off windows defender.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Okay, but why do you think it's blocking downloads from this site? Just makes us first timers wonder.

Maybe it's not very good. People sometimes have problems with such tools. Download the file and scan it.

Welcome to KVR. :)
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Beauknowsdiddly wrote:Hello Everyone!
So I'm trying to download the Amplesound Ample Guitar M Lite and I keep getting:

AGML_2_3_1 Complete_Installer.exe is unsafe to download and was blocked by Windows Defender Smartscreen.

Why do you think Windows Defender is blocking it and what do I do about it??

Thank You!!

Beau

PS Where do I go to edit my signature? I've been to the UCP and must be overlooking it. Sorry, first time here :)

Windows 10 Pro
Intel Pentium Dual Core 3.50GHz
8GBs RAM
Focusrite 2i2 2nd Generation
Pro Tools First
The problem is SmartScreen, and you can disable it. Usually, this is because the file is either corrupted or has an invalid signature. SmartScreen is neither particularly "smart", nor a very effective as "screen".

You can also turn off Defender, but you'll have more problems with your system if you do.

All that said, I've downloaded many files from AmpleSound's site, and never had Windows 10 or Windows 7 tell me about a problem with one of the files.

Steve
Here's some of my stuff: https://soundcloud.com/shadowsoflife. If you hear something you like, I'm looking for collaborators.

Okay Great! Thank You!

Let me know if I should start a new thread under a different topic but:

I have it installed only now I can't hear anything. I'm sure I did something wrong in the options:

Input Port - Portable Grand 1 is checked (only thing listed)

Output Port - Not sure what to put here. There's "none" "Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth" and "Portable Grand 1" I've done all 3 and no sound.

Device - Focusrite USB ASIO
Sample rate 44100Hz
Buffer 64 samples
Device Type ASIO

When I run the ASHost I can see keys move when I press them on my keyboard but no sound. Anything obvious?

Holy Moly!
Scratch all that! It just all of a sudden started working. I have no clue what I did! LOL

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”