A Primal Dream

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Here's the sample list. Also ValHallaVintageVerb & ddmf IIEQPro

Pastorial Tones-A distant Pad
Pastorial Tones-VHS Ultra Chorus
Pastorial Tones-A distant Pad
LASS 2.5-Basses
Cinematic Strings 2-Full Ensemble
East West Silver-Bass Drum
Soundiron Olympus Elements-Nominus
Soundiron Olympus Elements-Aheyeha
Soundiron Apocalypse-Ethnic Drums
Zebra2 HS Slow Process
Zebra2 HS Bendybell
Zebra2 HS Coral Reefer
Zebra2 (Luftrum) Pads QR3 Bed
Zebra2 (Luftrum) 13 WHTM Pacing Beauty 3A
Zebra2 (Luftrum) 13 WHTM Amplufied North 1
Zebra2 HS eBell Tree
Zebra2 (Luftrum) 13 Arp Arp Rainbow
Diva HS Divainity
Diva HS Zorch Whistles
Diva BS Danger From Space
Diva HS Detroit Minor
Diva DS 3EE Syupa So
Diva HS Air Machine
Diva HS Giant Sloth
Phonem RW Biological Wave
Phonem smk Washer
Phonem smk Washer 2
Phonem smk Erophagus[mw]
Phonem SS Cello Vox Vibrato
Phonem Big AO Choir
Phonem smk Jump Pad [mw]
Phonem Monster 1
Phonem Pure Breath
Phonem Minor Staccato Sequence
Phonem yeah yeah yeah
Iris2 lead Buzzy Lead
Iris2 Keys Black Rhodes
Iris2 (Luftrum) Pad CS80 Mod
Iris2 Bass Chub Bass
Art Vista Back Beat Bass
CineWinds Piccolo Legato

https://soundcloud.com/fastlanephil/a-primal-dream
Last edited by fastlanephil on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

interesting stuff. nice break from the typical popular sounds used in electronic music.
only thing i heard that did not fit well was the metallic stabs seemed off sync with the general rhythm
of the piece. some may consider it to be a "jazzy" thing though. enjoyed.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

lazer

Thanks for commenting.

Yes, the metallic hits are where I intended them to be.

I seem to be heading more in the general direction of mixing sounds and underlying structure and not just combining genres into a work.

It’s interesting that a few of my posts that have received not that much interest on this forum are more well received by those with limited knowledge or interest in the electronic music genre.

Now if I could just do that with country music fans..... :lol:

not really sure about the melody but i like this cinematic orchestral atmosphere.
SoundCloud
"I believe every music producer inherently has something unique about the way they make music. They just have to identify what makes them different, and develop it" - Max Martin

3lu5iv3 wrote:not really sure about the melody but i like this cinematic orchestral atmosphere.
I guess the melody that plays twice is not really melodic at all. It pretty much goes no where. I’m glad you found something in this to your liking though.

Thanks for the comments.

Some intriguing sounds here. Overall quite good. Although that screechy melody at 1:47 didn't sit well in the mix.

Frantz wrote:Some intriguing sounds here. Overall quite good. Although that screechy melody at 1:47 didn't sit well in the mix.
Thanks Frantz!

Yeah, I guess that melody sound it still is a little too shrill. I mixed in a bit of an octave lower track but it could still use some toning down or replacing.

I replaced the synth patch first heard at 1:47 and also added little sampled piccolo to it.

https://soundcloud.com/fastlanephil/a-primal-dream-rev1

fastlanephil wrote:I replaced the synth patch first heard at 1:47 and also added little sampled piccolo to it.
An octave lower and it fits better. That section is still not ideal though. The lead is like a stylophone trying to fight it's way through a busy, bassy section.

I added another dual octave synth patch to the lead at 1:47. :hihi:

https://soundcloud.com/fastlanephil/a-primal-dream-rev2

I think the lead sound in Rev2 is clear and cuts through the mix without being screechy. :tu:

I thought I commented on this one last Sunday, but either technical or organic difficulties appear to have frustrated my intentions.

It's a great piece of music. and the combination of sounds used on here works well with the composition.

Like layzer, I wasn't over-enthusiastic about the metallic hits in the second section, but the reworked synth patch in V3 sits much better with them.

The third section reminded me a little of Bowie's Warswawa.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:I thought I commented on this one last Sunday, but either technical or organic difficulties appear to have frustrated my intentions.

It's a great piece of music. and the combination of sounds used on here works well with the composition.

Like layzer, I wasn't over-enthusiastic about the metallic hits in the second section, but the reworked synth patch in V3 sits much better with them.

The third section reminded me a little of Bowie's Warswawa.

Good work :)
Well, thanks seismic!

I think it works pretty well in that spot now after some coaxing from Frantz. I’m still learning how to deal with the complexities of electronic based music compared to other music genres.

Well, this list looks as if you've got 4 i7 chips in your computer, and the music sounds exactly like that. Very nice ideas of sound modelling here. Nice work! The medieval parts are great as well.
Greetings
HM

fastlanephil,
Thank you for the review! Now your song: The intro is sonically interesting, though I would have made it a bit shorter. Now past the intro, I'm glad it is more melodic. This song would go well with something visual, like a video, TV show or movie. Audio quality is good, though a bit disorienting with so many things swirling in and out of the song. Overall it is well done.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Return to “Music Cafe”